Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

When I came back with “Welcome Back,” Dame ran up to me like, why don’t you and Cam just beef.

I was like, “Beef? Why would we beef?” It was the weirdest thing I ever heard. He was like, “Why don’t you and Cam just beef? It’ll stay on record, it’ll stay on wax.”

That’s why every time I would hear him say something, I wouldn’t say nothin' back because I knew it wasn’t real. Every time they would say somethin' I would see them and it wasn’t no problem.

If every time I see you, there’s no problem, then why do you keep talkin' about it. It’s 20 years old.

You know I don’t rap for free. I got him a deal, I didn’t get nothin' out of the deal. I never signed him, got no points or anything. Everything I did for him was out of being a real friend.

If he don’t owe me nothin', I don’t owe him nothin'.

20 years out of everybody I knew, nobody ever did nothin' for me. But I’ve always done stuff for everybody else. There’s not one person who can say they’ve done somethin' for me. I’m talkin' in terms of all the people that say they have an issue with me— can’t say one thing they’ve done for me. I was always the person doin' for everybody else.

Sometimes I couldn’t do what I wanted to do for people, because it was so many people to do something for. I was 19, 20, 21 and trying to take care of 10 grown men and already had a family that I had to take care of.

And I wasn’t a real street artists, so I didn’t need paid goons. Everything I was doing was out of love.

Whether you’re the best person or the worst person, there’s nothin' wrong with going to church, they made that seem like a bad thing.

I think growth is inevitable. You got hip-hop artists who sold crack and then sold us Vitamin Water. You have guys who have hustled, but now take part in NBA teams.

All I did was go from the hottest part of my time of life and chose to use that to help inner-city youth. You may call that church, but that’s helping the inner-city, that’s helping families. I don’t see nothin' wrong with that. I don’t think nobody intelligent will see anything wrong with taking your strengths and using it to help people. That’s really not a weakness.

It’s called charity.

I can’t give you everything lol.

I’m not really a back and forth person. I’m gonna say what I said and I’m gonna say enough so I don’t have to say nothin' else.

He’s said everything about me, you just never heard my side.

I don’t really have to say much. It’s funny because everybody around know all of this stuff. It’s just nobody said nothin'.

With Harlem, Harlem is always neutral. It’s all really the same people. They say Harlem stick together, but a lot of times it’s just that Harlem is neutral.

It took me about an hour. I went in the studio on Thanksgiving. I went to the parade with my family and I was like, “Nah I can’t.” I don’t know if it was Hello Kitty or Charlie Brown or one of them, I just said “Nah, he can’t do that.”

Somebody asked me about it at the parade and I was with my kids, but that’s New York for you. So I put them on a plane, sent them back home and then was like “Daddy’s gonna handle this.”

What happened with 50 was on the radio. If everybody’s united now, they were all united before.

They weren’t united with 50. I just ask for people to be consistent. Don’t pick who you wanna pick on and who you wanna be neutral with. If you rollin' then steamroll on everybody.

If you give 50 a break, don’t take it to the maximum with me. You know me, you don’t know that *****.

Anybody that really knows hip-hop gotta know I was one of the first people on Ruff Ryders before it went popular. Me Jadakiss, Styles P; you got Kiss on tape sayin' this stuff: “Me and Murda used to spar everyday.”

People hold Jadakiss up there as one of the greats. It’s just my path didn’t request me to be that lyrical. I was a lot better lookin' so I didn’t have to be a dirty artist.

I had other attributes like dancin' and stage presence that didn’t need me to be lyrical for only one or two records.

That was my rule with Puff, I could only do one or two street records and then just stick with the money. That’s why I said “I was Murda, P Diddy named me pretty.”

The crazy part about this rap is that when I start going down the line and start going in; y'all know that’s true.

There is nothin' here that you can say, “Oh that was just a hot bar. All of that is true. Down to Jelly Fam. All of that is true. All I’m doing is repeating something that was already stated.

The real thing that pissed me off is when they tried to pay my friend’s mom to get on the radio and say that I had to somethin' to do with her son’s death. That’s what really pissed me off, I’m not gonna lie.

I don’t mind somebody lying on radio— you gotta do what you gotta do to sell records, I get that. But when you start playin' with my freedom. When you start playin' with my family; that’s when it’s a no go.

His mom DM’d me and I didn’t speak to her for 20 years since her son passed and she just started cryin' to me and tellin' me “Ma$e, no money in the world would make me do that because my son really loved you.”

That’s what really threw me over the end. No matter what problem we have, I would never do that to you.

arlem World. The ribbon on top of the bird; it says “Harlem World.” That’s me.

You can’t see it in plain sight, but the best place to hide something is in plain sight. All along it was right there.

Mase has SOOO much ammo that can be sent his way...if Cam puts some effort into his response...this could be another classic comedic Cam diss.

Start it off with a soundbite of Pimp C saying “I know who got caught in the car in Atlanta wit da boy”...have Jim do the ad-libs. We need this comedy.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Dave East mixtape cool but those features are forced. They don't mix at all. Def Jam must have made some calls and made this **** happen.

Uncle Murda mixtape fire.

Dave East mixtape cool but those features are forced. They don't mix at all. Def Jam must have made some calls and made this **** happen.

Uncle Murda mixtape fire.

I'm bout to check out that Uncle Murda tape.
The snippets I heard was banging.

They played this Uncle Murda on Hot 97 when I was driving and it was fire. Definitely gotta check the tape out, I'm mad its not on Tidal.

Fab dropped and it's pretty solid. I gotta check out Dave east.

PnB dropped a tape and its listenable if anybody checks for him.

They put beer in front of him and he told the truth and how he really feels. Him trying to clear it up wasn't any better.

Everyone is putting out the same stuff? So does he choose to put out different music?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

When I came back with “Welcome Back,” Dame ran up to me like, why don’t you and Cam just beef.

I was like, “Beef? Why would we beef?” It was the weirdest thing I ever heard. He was like, “Why don’t you and Cam just beef? It’ll stay on record, it’ll stay on wax.”

That’s why every time I would hear him say something, I wouldn’t say nothin' back because I knew it wasn’t real. Every time they would say somethin' I would see them and it wasn’t no problem.

If every time I see you, there’s no problem, then why do you keep talkin' about it. It’s 20 years old.

You know I don’t rap for free. I got him a deal, I didn’t get nothin' out of the deal. I never signed him, got no points or anything. Everything I did for him was out of being a real friend.

If he don’t owe me nothin', I don’t owe him nothin'.

20 years out of everybody I knew, nobody ever did nothin' for me. But I’ve always done stuff for everybody else. There’s not one person who can say they’ve done somethin' for me. I’m talkin' in terms of all the people that say they have an issue with me— can’t say one thing they’ve done for me. I was always the person doin' for everybody else.

Sometimes I couldn’t do what I wanted to do for people, because it was so many people to do something for. I was 19, 20, 21 and trying to take care of 10 grown men and already had a family that I had to take care of.

And I wasn’t a real street artists, so I didn’t need paid goons. Everything I was doing was out of love.

Whether you’re the best person or the worst person, there’s nothin' wrong with going to church, they made that seem like a bad thing.

I think growth is inevitable. You got hip-hop artists who sold crack and then sold us Vitamin Water. You have guys who have hustled, but now take part in NBA teams.

All I did was go from the hottest part of my time of life and chose to use that to help inner-city youth. You may call that church, but that’s helping the inner-city, that’s helping families. I don’t see nothin' wrong with that. I don’t think nobody intelligent will see anything wrong with taking your strengths and using it to help people. That’s really not a weakness.

It’s called charity.

I can’t give you everything lol.

I’m not really a back and forth person. I’m gonna say what I said and I’m gonna say enough so I don’t have to say nothin' else.

He’s said everything about me, you just never heard my side.

I don’t really have to say much. It’s funny because everybody around know all of this stuff. It’s just nobody said nothin'.

With Harlem, Harlem is always neutral. It’s all really the same people. They say Harlem stick together, but a lot of times it’s just that Harlem is neutral.

It took me about an hour. I went in the studio on Thanksgiving. I went to the parade with my family and I was like, “Nah I can’t.” I don’t know if it was Hello Kitty or Charlie Brown or one of them, I just said “Nah, he can’t do that.”

Somebody asked me about it at the parade and I was with my kids, but that’s New York for you. So I put them on a plane, sent them back home and then was like “Daddy’s gonna handle this.”

What happened with 50 was on the radio. If everybody’s united now, they were all united before.

They weren’t united with 50. I just ask for people to be consistent. Don’t pick who you wanna pick on and who you wanna be neutral with. If you rollin' then steamroll on everybody.

If you give 50 a break, don’t take it to the maximum with me. You know me, you don’t know that *****.

Anybody that really knows hip-hop gotta know I was one of the first people on Ruff Ryders before it went popular. Me Jadakiss, Styles P; you got Kiss on tape sayin' this stuff: “Me and Murda used to spar everyday.”

People hold Jadakiss up there as one of the greats. It’s just my path didn’t request me to be that lyrical. I was a lot better lookin' so I didn’t have to be a dirty artist.

I had other attributes like dancin' and stage presence that didn’t need me to be lyrical for only one or two records.

That was my rule with Puff, I could only do one or two street records and then just stick with the money. That’s why I said “I was Murda, P Diddy named me pretty.”

The crazy part about this rap is that when I start going down the line and start going in; y'all know that’s true.

There is nothin' here that you can say, “Oh that was just a hot bar. All of that is true. Down to Jelly Fam. All of that is true. All I’m doing is repeating something that was already stated.

The real thing that pissed me off is when they tried to pay my friend’s mom to get on the radio and say that I had to somethin' to do with her son’s death. That’s what really pissed me off, I’m not gonna lie.

I don’t mind somebody lying on radio— you gotta do what you gotta do to sell records, I get that. But when you start playin' with my freedom. When you start playin' with my family; that’s when it’s a no go.

His mom DM’d me and I didn’t speak to her for 20 years since her son passed and she just started cryin' to me and tellin' me “Ma$e, no money in the world would make me do that because my son really loved you.”

That’s what really threw me over the end. No matter what problem we have, I would never do that to you.

arlem World. The ribbon on top of the bird; it says “Harlem World.” That’s me.

You can’t see it in plain sight, but the best place to hide something is in plain sight. All along it was right there.

damn at that part about them trying to pay someone to lie kn Mase how can nyone co sign that

I've always said there really is a little bit of Rico in Cam :lol:

I wouldn't put NONE of that **** past him.
Played the role entirely too well. Imagine just taking a role with no prior experience acting alongside two very good actors and giving the most memorable performance. That character has to be apart of you somewhat

Back
Top Bottom