Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think even Vince Staples...a ***** that regularly defends "his era" has even admitted that clones are way more prevalent today when he was on ES.

Hell...it's a byproduct of the internet. It made the world smaller....and you have everyone plugged into the same scenes now. Of COURSE there's going to be more copycatting. You're lying to yourself if you don't believe this.

Guerilla Black and NOE could have made HITS...and they wouldn't have been a Panda. You got ******* clowned for sounding like someone else.

thought this was in the post

Also let's acknowledge how Quay Global is quietly about to dethrone every Atlanta producer as it seems like he's QC/Solid Foundation new go-to guy and I ain't hear a mid beat yet.

"Cook That **** Up Quay"

Also let's acknowledge how Quay Global is quietly about to dethrone every Atlanta producer as it seems like he's QC/Solid Foundation new go-to guy and I ain't hear a mid beat yet.
"Cook That **** Up Quay"

Not that I disagree, but has he worked with anyone outside of Lil Baby and Marlo?

Not that I disagree, but has he worked with anyone outside of Lil Baby and Marlo?

https://genius.com/artists/Quay-global

According to this, no. But I remember him in an interview saying My Dawg was his first placement so he got a bright future. Only 19 and signed to QC so he prolly finna be all over Culture 2 and the upcoming label compilation they finna put out.

He did this for Ralo. Heard it on Marlo tape too tho lol.

For people into producer cook ups. 20 minutes so I skipped around but this sound crazy.

Last edited:

Crazy how he was on his way out...then the machine, gamer audience and Quavo saved him :lol:.

Good watch right here. I remember P having a Car wash on the east side at one point if I’m not mistaken. That studio made that man millions.

This chick I used to smash in college down in Atlanta....bought a studio at like 21. Think it’s starting to pay off for her. Good investment in that city for real. Lots of un-taxable money comes though :lol:.

He a real “Texan” :lol:

That’s why a lot of his fans love him tho. He got these young white people going crazy cause he basically combining rap (which they love right now) with country and everything else they love. He goes hunting and stuff like that. He’s morphed himself into a “hip cool country hillbilly that’s in-tune with rap and black culture”. He might be the #1 rapper for people that go to Frat Parties and wear basketball jerseys to any and every rap concert (still don’t understand this)

He kinda has the “I don’t like rap but Post Malone is cool” type fans that Eminem had too. That’s why he don’t really rock the extra clean/neat braids, designer glasses and other stuff he was rocking when he popped up anymore.

Remember last year when he passed on XXL and told them cause he was going in a more country direction? I think he’ll stick around in a rap for a few more years because it is the biggest genre right now (I seriously doubt he would have a #1 right now if he was doing straight up country) but he’s slowly gonna adjust and leverage this into some crossover country “rock” type stuff. His recent songs are basically pop country hooks and vocals over rap beats with surface level rap subject matter.

Country has already been dabbling more and more into R&B lately, the genre itself is Black music/Blues inspired in origin tho so it makes sense I guess. Basically R&B for white ppl.

Last edited:

That’s why a lot of his fans love him tho. He got these young white people going crazy cause he basically combining rap (which they love right now) with country and everything else they love. He goes hunting and stuff like that. He’s morphed himself into a “hip cool country hillbilly that’s in-tune with rap and black culture”. He might be the #1 rapper for people that go to Frat Parties and wear basketball jerseys to any and every rap concert (still don’t understand this)

He kinda has the “I don’t like rap but Post Malone is cool” type fans that Eminem had too. That’s why he don’t really rock the extra clean/neat braids, designer glasses and other stuff he was rocking when he popped up anymore.

Remember last year when he passed on XXL and told them cause he was going in a more country direction? I think he’ll stick around in a rap for a few more years because it is the biggest genre right now (I seriously doubt he would have a #1 right now if he was doing straight up country) but he’s slowly gonna adjust and leverage this into some crossover country “rock” type stuff. His recent songs are basically pop country hooks and vocals over rap beats with surface level rap subject matter.

Country has already been dabbling more and more into R&B lately, the genre itself is Black music/Blues inspired in origin tho so it makes sense I guess. Basically R&B for white ppl.

Kid Rock 2.0

6pac and a few others was real upset when people was calling this clown out. You could see the type he was from day 1. His look, his music, that breakfast club interview.

6pac and a few others was real upset when people was calling this clown out. You could see the type he was from day 1. His look, his music, that breakfast club interview.

because then and now people are only ODing because he’s white

believe me im all for getting wypipo the **** outta here when they are violating but yall said Post was wrong and then not even 24 hours later ****ted on us for bigging up lil baby and **** :lol: is it oochie wally or one mic

just keep it real and say you dont think its this suburban white hillbillys place to speak on the current state of hip hop and id understand that stance more than yall pretending he’s wrong about most rap being meaningless now and then when we change the subject to bigging up Lil baby or our favorite flavor of the month trap artist, yall agree with him lol

because then and now people are only ODing because he’s white

believe me im all for getting wypipo the **** outta here when they are violating but yall said Post was wrong and then not even 24 hours later ****ted on us for bigging up lil baby and **** :lol: is it oochie wally or one mic

just keep it real and say you dont think its this suburban white hillbillys place to speak on the current state of hip hop and id understand that stance more than yall pretending he’s wrong about most rap being meaningless now and then when we change the subject to bigging up Lil baby or our favorite flavor of the month trap artist, yall agree with him lol

I been keeping real. I talk **** about Yachty too. He black as hell. I don't even know what you talking with the "is it oochie wally or one mic".

The point is ya'll gave this clown a inch and he took a football field cuz you think his music is catchy. All that caping and he's giving ya'll his *** to kiss. Everything about him screams corny culture vulture but it's cool to some if they can sing a long to him.

I don't care if he's right or wrong. His opinions on Hip Hop mean nothing to me. It's like when Miley Cyrus said Hip Hop disrespects women but she twerking her bones and acting crazy (you was defending her too) tryna fit in. That's what Post is doing. I don't give a damn about hip hop, I just wanna soak up the coolness from black people for a minute.

lmaoo i didnt even have this SN when miley was going thru her phase, that had to be at least two years ago and i definitely dont remember defending her in fact i vividly remmeber clowning that cavity booty on twitter so im sure i did the same here if i wasnt banned lol

and this all u had to say bruh lol

I
I don't care if he's right or wrong. His opinions on Hip Hop mean nothing to me.

rb4hCwo.gif

unless i start wilding later on in the thread, saluting mike will for securing the bag that will keep on giving aint defending miley cyrus :lol:

we gonna be mad at metro or whatever black musicians inevitably end up on beerbongs and bentleys? we mad @ 21? we mad at the migos and juicy j for letting katy perry “use” them? we mad at yall boy future for letting taylor swift use him to distract ****** from her slowly pandering to the alt right more?

saute to u for having the reciepts on deck that quick tho got dam :lol:

Back
Top Bottom