Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

aint even feel like youtubing **** :lol: but we gonna act like ****** aint run off with dre/puff/neptunes/timbalands sauce during their respective eras?

how many knockoff aaliyah/TLC esque trios were there lol...how many knockoff g funk acts...how many bootleg shiny suit songs....

that being said i miss the **** outta regionalism in rap. a dude from ohio or arkansas will bite Atlanta’s sound instead of making a new one for their region.

I feel like it’s FL Studio and other similar DAWs. When you had to use hardware, you HAD to make your own sound for the most part because you didnt have Mannie Fresh or Timbalands sounds. now eberyone using the same VSTs, sounds and song structures. They need to come out with some new **** to make beats with.

dead @ (insert wrestling move) tho...thats so damn true lol

figure four...full nelson...anke lock...lmao i heard i ***** say he swanton bomb like jeff hardy into some ***** i swear maybe im tripping tho

Are you trying to say they rapped a like and this was biting?

LOTUG definetly didn't.

And Fu Schnickens didn't either, because they used a rhyme pattern with theirs.

C970C625-F187-4679-ABF4-D2A12149E6E3.gif

LMAO

That really be how yall react when its brought up that all of the ******* in rap today has been around for decades and we just remember the people who stood the test of time just as we’ll remember future migos and lil baby and the rest of the Freebandz/1017/QC dynasty and not lil xan and windex

aint even feel like youtubing **** :lol: but we gonna act like *****s aint run off with dre/puff/neptunes/timbalands sauce during their respective eras?

how many knockoff aaliyah/TLC esque trios were there lol...how many knockoff g funk acts...how many bootleg shiny suit songs....

that being said i miss the **** outta regionalism in rap. a dude from ohio or arkansas will bite Atlanta’s sound instead of making a new one for their region.

I feel like it’s FL Studio and other similar DAWs. When you had to use hardware, you HAD to make your own sound for the most part because you didnt have Mannie Fresh or Timbalands sounds. now eberyone using the same VSTs, sounds and song structures. They need to come out with some new **** to make beats with.

dead @ (insert wrestling move) tho...thats so damn true lol

figure four...full nelson...anke lock...lmao i heard i ***** say he swanton bomb like jeff hardy into some ***** i swear maybe im tripping tho

Please post all the G-Funk, Wu-Tang, Outkast, 3-6 mafia, Cash Money, UGK copies from outside their regions. :lol:

**** even inside regions people sounded different. DMX and Jay didn't sound alike.

Yes, rappers have copied one another but never has it been as blatant and rampant as it is today. Damn near every new rapper ya'll post sounds like a Future or Thug or Lil B copy.

Just like we did the talk of drug use in hip hop, are we really gonna act as if copying and artist sounding alike was as prevalent and accepteed back then as it is now? if you go into the top 20 right now you can find 5-10 Rap songs using the exact same Flow... Then you take into account that ****** ain't rhyming about nothing, your taking away another major factor in providing differences.

The amount of Copying and the success it gets you in rap these days is night and day compared to back then, same as the talk of drug use in mainstream hiphop is night and day compared to those years. It's not close

i wish there was a way to get this done without manually doing it (i don't have the patience to even go through it). But it would be an excellent project for someone to pull up the top 20 songs on the charts & i would venture to say that a good 30-40% of the words used in the songs are the same, no matter where the artist is from.

Just like we did the talk of drug use in hip hop, are we really gonna act as if copying and artist sounding alike was as prevalent and accepteed back then as it is now? if you go into the top 20 right now you can find 5-10 Rap songs using the exact same Flow... Then you take into account that *****s ain't rhyming about nothing, your taking away another major factor in providing differences.

The amount of Copying and the success it gets you in rap these days is night and day compared to back then, same as the talk of drug use in mainstream hiphop is night and day compared to those years. It's not close

I'm convinced dudes just wanna play dumb. :lol:

West coast had their G-funk sound. NY had the grimey sound. South had the heavy bass sound. Dudes had their own sound, flows, slang everything.

It's a million melodic/trap/perky rappers now.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink do you have a split personality?

You talk such a great game in terms of originality, what the youth is feed, etc.... as if you weren’t ready to square up with any/everyone questioning Desiigner last year. Or was that different?

Please post all the G-Funk, Wu-Tang, Outkast, 3-6 mafia, Cash Money, UGK copies from outside their regions. :lol:

**** even inside regions people sounded different. DMX and Jay didn't sound alike.

Yes, rappers have copied one another but never has it been as blatant and rampant as it is today. Damn near every new rapper ya'll post sounds like a Future or Thug or Lil B copy.

Plus the copies that were around years ago were basically laughed out of music and buried. Had no time to build a fanbase and hand around like they do now :lol: Pastor Troy had clones, disappeared. Mystikal had clones, disappeared. Beelow was making Cash Money knockoff tracks, lucked up with a hit then disappeared. So many of those one-off artists from back in the day will be flourishing right now

Joe had his calm voice on high today.

Cyhi mentioning that he's battle tested shows a missing step in some of these rappers careers. The only experience they have is their break out hit and after that they flailing around

Your argument is terrible.

Your argument is they rhymed fast so they were the same. That's like saying Twista was like Jaz.

LOTUG, Fuschnick and Das had totally different lanes, styles and subject matter.

So Redman and Meth were the same because both of them rapped about their appreciate of weed too, right?

and when they did intersect like Das and LOTUG with the sewer and underground thing, they had problems with each other...because they considered it biting. Just like Dana Dane never got the respect he deserved, because people perceived him as copying Slick Rick. When they were rapping together and had the Kangol Crew and that was their thing. Years later, people don't know the history they just know he's a fake "Slick Rick".

Please stop discussing an era who aren't familiar with.

The irony in all of this that you and the ones defending it were up in arms when Desiigner released Panda. Meanwhile I said this era has no rules, so it doesn't matter. Now you have amnesia and it's ok.

Just like Dana Dane never got the respect he deserved, because people perceived him as copying Slick Rick. When they were rapping together and had the Kangol Crew and that was their thing. Years later, people don't know the history they just know he's a fake "Slick Rick".

Dana Dane was like a fake Slick Rick tho. Rick said himself Dane didn't always rap like him but that he basically got industry pressured into it because Ricks sound/style was already a proven seller. He just chalked it up to him doing what he needed to do to get in the game.

Last edited:
Dana Dane was like a fake Slick Rick tho. Rick said himself Dane didn't always rap like him but that he basically got industry pressured into it because Ricks sound/style was already a proven seller. He just chalked it up to him doing what he needed to do to get in the game.

He didn't always rap like him, but he did, because the style of dress and accent was their thing.

Just like if Skoob and Dray became solo before they got put on and one of them blew up first.

He did it full time. The point how was it received? He never became bigger than Rick and even though he had hits, he became forgotten.

Hell, DMX was dissing K-Solo a decade later because of Spellbound the first chance he got.

How did all the industry created NWA's turn out?

What about the fake Snoop Soopafly Suge had?

So there's no way there's the same.

but this is a discussion with people who think Dre making The Chronic is comparable to all the drug use dudes talk about today.

only desiigner travis and OT are not just following their regional sound and really only OT and Desiigner because travis is still from the south and we gonna act like desiigner just did that without scrutiny lol

Yeah Designer got flamed.

Is A Boogie and Dej Loaf from the same place?

Is the asap crew from Houston or Memphis?

Is Ugly God, Lil Yachty from the same place as Lil B?

Is Cardi from the same as Kodak?

Is Trippie Red from the same place as Lil Uzi?

Is your man Post Malone not biting off everything that's popular in hip hop?

No matter how you wanna cut it biting is at a all time high. Ain't no way around it.

Back
Top Bottom