Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m not calling dudes “bitter” for that. I’m calling dudes “bitter” for lumping and judging damn near everything some of these dudes do “trash” or “mumble rap”...before they even attempt to understand. Like yo....***** in here will literally tell you Migos or NBA Youngboy are “mumble rappers” and “all rap the same”....without even giving it a shot :lol:.

With that said...Lil Baby is the truth. I initially slept on shorty at first....but he got it.

do you know the definition of bitter?

Mumble rap is pretty much lumped into trash/wack rappers which they are.

C-murder was not a good rapper along with 98% of No-Limit. I would have told you that back in the late 90's. They made some great songs but that's where it ends.

Its just strange to see so called "gate keepers" having to interview these clowns for views in this current climate. It's like Flex or Ebro can't call any particular artist trash anymore.

Yeah never understood the “we sold the drugs” argument.

You sold it to these lil *****s mamas.

Both sides of that argument are dumb. Neither side is one to brag about.

Get this...the dudes pushing 40...who usually claim to be pro black, woke all that ****...supposedly fighting racism and white supremacy on the daily....are holding a pissing contest about which one was better, selling drugs or using them... :smh: they up here proudly claiming that their era was drug dealer music :lol:

Y'all realize Wavy says pretty much everyone is nice and got next. EVERYONE. He listens to everything. Old classic **** and the young talentless trash.

Just remember, Wayne is in his top 5 so I don't know what you expect from him.

Everyone I said next....actually got next though :lol:. Most of the “new *****” I enjoy are derivative of artists I enjoyed in the past....with their own creative twists and differences.

I’ve wrote a bit on here about the artist I don’t care for. Unlike you...I don’t hate EVERYTHING....and don’t focus much energy on **** I don’t care for. You won’t see me mad rapper, waving my fist at Lil Pump or Lil Yachty or something. That lane just don’t exist to me. And there’s so much more better ***** our there that appeals to me...that I ain’t gon waste time on it. And Obviously, much more open minded than you. But something tells me that not a trait you really care for, and we’re different in that respect.

We all not going to like or enjoy the same ****. But there is more than enough music out there today in a number of different lanes to find what YOU like. I know what “good rap” is to me...and what “trash” is.

Goes back to bumping that new Lil Durk :pimp:

Mumble rap is pretty much lumped into trash/wack rappers which they are.

C-murder was not a good rapper along with 98% of No-Limit. I would have told you that back in the late 90's. They made some great songs but that's where it ends.

Its just strange to see so called "gate keepers" having to interview these clowns for views in this current climate. It's like Flex or Ebro can't call any particular artist trash anymore.

“2 Chainz - Birthday Cake......his last hit song“

-osek206- 2017

Your Opinion on current rap.....disqualified :lol:.

Get this...the dudes pushing 40...who usually claim to be pro black, woke all that ****...supposedly fighting racism and white supremacy on the daily....are holding a pissing contest about which one was better, selling drugs or using them... :smh: they up here proudly claiming that their era was drug dealer music :lol:

Who said that?

This conversation missed you :wink:

I’m hyped for this.

Future and French gotta go. Future sounds out of place and I’m tired of the same repetitive French verse.

85DBFC1F-0925-4E22-A5DE-290209EE1790.jpeg
Ice Pick (feat. Styles P)

Already know there's gonna be a lot of stabbing going on.:lol:

His top 5

Jay
Em
TI
Pac/Mystikal

I'm happy Joe told him that Travis Scott song was wack and didn't belong on the album. He did that for the streams though.

Last edited:
Ehhh Wavy a hit or miss at times. Over the years you've stated that a number of cats got next up, but they still on the sidelines.
I appreciate son putting us on to these lil ****** though, hit or miss. Def shows you it's not all "mumble rap" out there. That midwest Chi/Detroit **** hits, I dig some of these southern cats etc. I just hate these new ***** names, looks like they use online word generators. A ***** like "Pap smear Unicorn Word is Bond Kid" bout to hit the scene soon.

Remember when we had the debate about Everyday Struggle and it being a threat to Breakfast Club?

Do we even discuss Breakfast Club interviews?

I appreciate son putting us on to these lil *****s though, hit or miss. Def shows you it's not all "mumble rap" out there. That midwest Chi/Detroit **** hits, I dig some of these southern cats etc. I just hate these new ***** names, looks like they use online word generators. A ***** like "Pap smear Unicorn Word is Bond Kid" bout to hit the scene soon.

Childish Gambino looks a lot less weird these days

I appreciate son putting us on to these lil *****s though, hit or miss. Def shows you it's not all "mumble rap" out there. That midwest Chi/Detroit **** hits, I dig some of these southern cats etc. I just hate these new ***** names, looks like they use online word generators. A ***** like "Pap smear Unicorn Word is Bond Kid" bout to hit the scene soon.
in the words of Wavy, "some of these ****** need to get out of the paint"

for context

lil baby was basically just a dopeboy who was hanging around QC for years and did 2 and came home beginning of this year and just started rapping in feb. they had been telling him to rap for years because he had the aura/lifestyle

thats why he has all these features and co signs because he been knowing ******

he definitely got “it” if he just started rapping in feb and can make songs like

you gotta see the reaction to my dawg in the South at the height of a club/party to understand how hard this record is

Last edited:
Anything with a nice melody and clean sounding 808 will hype up the party in the south, only difference now is they added rapid firing high hats to go with it. lil johns music did it all the time. That don't mean the rapping was good, hell all lil john did was chant.

Edit- listened to the first song, he's definitely a better rapper than 21 Savage, I still didn't hear anything special.

A log of poop in a quality baked bun isn't a gourmet hot dog.

i think everyone got regional biases to the **** that they ride to or gets play @ their local party/club scene because you cant say this about lilbaby and then co sign tekashi and those post-drill crip/blood rappers yall be posting in the RIP NY Rap thread :lol:

im a fan of all of the aformentioned in different ways but cmon dog lol

i think everyone got regional biases to the **** that they ride to or gets play @ their local party/club scene because you cant say this about lilbaby and then co sign tekashi and those post-drill crip/blood rappers yall be posting in the RIP NY Rap thread :lol:

I'm critical of all this ****. I'm out allll the timee I enjoy these records for what they are. You'll never hear me champion none of these dudes as being more than what they are. Run in the mill carbon cutouts of one another. That other thread is called "RIP NYC HIP HOP" the whole tone in there is totally different, that thread is basically a testament to everything NYC and the different type of rap that's coming out the city.

Remember when we had the debate about Everyday Struggle and it being a threat to Breakfast Club?

Do we even discuss Breakfast Club interviews?

Man I cooled all the way off on BC, it gotta be somebody I'm really interested in.

Man :lol::smh:

I did a dive into that music scene on Youtube 2-3 weeks ago and was amazed at how many of these _'s sound like Herbo. He always kinda sounded like a East Coast dude and even tho young Chicago love ATL they still got some NYC similarities so I get it but damn, he lowkey changed these _'s lives

They got some hard songs tho seem like they be using UK producers, sounds very similar to the Drill **** they doing over there

I been said NY shoulda just tweaked grime for the Americas before it really caught on

Lil Freaky hard too tho

Back
Top Bottom