Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I guess the appeal with 21 is how people my age and older saw C-Murder. He wasn't really good rapper either. He basically talked gangster **** on records but C-Murder had a presence. He made you feel that **** he was saying. 21, I be ready to fall asleep listening to that _. I really struggled getting through his last album.

You hurt my heart comparing 21 to C.

I still don’t understand the hate C got. He could rap for real and has one of the best NL albums. C’s verses were always the hardest on every song and they had the most emotion and feelings out of everyone.

I’m not even talking about if you LIKE the music or not :lol:.

I’m more referring about blanket labels that ***** love to give some of these young rappers. 21 Savage doesn’t mumble. He’s not a mumble rapper. Idc if you like his music or not....but grouping him with “mumble rappers” is intentional.

Just how a lot of dudes group Migos with “mumble rappers”....when they audible as hell, and predated this so called “mumble rap” ****.

I really hate that term man :lol:. Such a catchall term that’s used to try to discredit **** dudes don’t understand, enjoy or passed them.

Aite would you rather me just call hi a trash rapper? i used the term mumble rap because that description tends to be used on rappers who are bad at rapping, use a lot of the same flows, same production, & deliver extremely shallow raps based on drugs, money, & ****.

so while he may be a bit more audible he's def in the class of rappers people complain about, hence why he made that statement.

You hurt my heart comparing 21 to C.

I still don’t understand the hate C got. He could rap for real and has one of the best NL albums. C’s verses were always the hardest on every song and they had the most emotion and feelings out of everyone.
C wasn't spitting though. Some times he wasn't even on beat but he had a great presence.

I'm sorry but I swear there's nothing discernible at all with 90% of these new *****s that operate in whatever you want to call this brand of indie trap. :lol:

Every time I click play I one of these ....same beats...I feel like I've heard the same flow....the same lyrics....the same look...the same feel. All these *****s look the same....dress the same. I'm actually amazed you guys seem to be able to keep up with all of them.

Right :lol: I remember when Lil Uzi, Yacthy etc, was the new ******, thought it would be a phase but it opened the floodgates to Lil Whoever Hot This Week

I’m hyped for this.

Future and French gotta go. Future sounds out of place and I’m tired of the same repetitive French verse.

85DBFC1F-0925-4E22-A5DE-290209EE1790.jpeg

Now THIS tape is guaranteed to deliver :smokin Fab criminally slept on

Aite would you rather me just call hi a trash rapper? i used the term mumble rap because that description tends to be used on rappers who are bad at rapping, use a lot of the same flows, same production, & deliver extremely shallow raps based on drugs, money, & ****.

so while he may be a bit more audible he's def in the class of rappers people complain about, hence why he made that statement.

I hope you calling the same ***** from years passed since the inception of hip hop...”mumble rappers” too.

Because what you just described spans decades.

But you still don’t “get it”. Using the term “mumble rap” for a ***** that is audible as hell...is weird to me.

So I just realized that all these new rappers all look like boonk gang. I'm getting old.

I hope you calling the same ***** from years passed since the inception of hip hop...”mumble rappers” too.

Because what you just described spans decades.

But you still don’t “get it”. Using the term “mumble rap” for a ***** that is audible as hell...is weird to me.

all those people who did that from years past ain't really talked about anymore.... because they made trash. I don't think "mumble rap" is used in a literal sense, it's simply the term used for those making a certain style of music. yes there audible but ****** ain't saying **** through the verse 90% of the time anyway so it might as well B

Lotta ***** legit sound bitter in here :lol:.

It’s all good though. I came up on the same **** y’all came up on. And can still relate/understand/bump and appreciate a Lil Baby, 21 Savage or NBA Youngboy or something...without catch all calling it “trash or mumble”.

Rap is in a good space right now. So many lanes :pimp:.

It’s all good though. I came up on the same **** y’all came up on. And can still relate/understand/bump and appreciate a Lil Baby, 21 Savage or NBA Youngboy or something...without catch all calling it “trash or mumble”.

It's just some dudes who gon hate on anything no matter what . It's no point. Just wanna have the belief that there's 0 good music anywhere. It's nothing new. Happens all the time. The old hating on the new.

So being a junkie with purple hair and a bunch of ugly facial tattoos is a Lane now? Most of these new Dudes belong in the circus.

Whose Lil Peep and how come we never heard him anywhere until his death? Apparently a lot of these rappers respected him. RIP. Just asking.

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc :lol:

23999967-8F3F-4957-AA43-51050C619F53.gif

And I say nun but facts :pimp:

Regardless of how nice Jeff from your hood is he'll never beat LeBron and he knows that.

Me, you, and Lonny from down the block can literally make better music than 90% of the ****** who "got it" right now but you don't see a issue with that ?

The "artist" lack of skill and accountability from the fans is what's wack

Whose Lil Peep and how come we never heard him anywhere until his death? Apparently a lot of these rappers respected him. RIP. Just asking.

Unless you’re a white, suburban, soundould listening, emo teenager.....

You wouldn’t be familiar with Lil Peep :lol:. I heard of him a few times, but couldn’t tell you anything about him other than seeing a Noisey article where they described him as mixing late 90s/early 2000s Emo Pop with SoundCloud rap

Every time I click play I one of these ....same beats...I feel like I've heard the same flow....the same lyrics....the same look...the same feel. All these *****s look the same....dress the same. I'm actually amazed you guys seem to be able to keep up with all of them.

To be real, this is EXACTLY how I feel about the vast majority of y'all fav NY and East coast rappers

_s done lowered the bar like a **********ER this generation, Jesus Christ.

Lowered the bar for what?

Nobody is bitter. Why would anyone be bitter?

I find it hilarious and shake my head as do most dudes.

You're starting to sound like @mrwavez with your arguments :lol:

As far as rap being in a good place :lol:

Yea wavycrockett going off the deep end calling dudes bitter cause they not feeling all these new build-a-rapper type rappers. I'm not gon lie, before I press play I already know what I'm going to get as far as look, lyrics, flow, and style.

Yea wavycrockett going off the deep end calling dudes bitter cause they not feeling all these new build-a-rapper type rappers. I'm not gon lie, before I press play I already know what I'm going to get as far as look, lyrics, flow, and style.

I’m not calling dudes “bitter” for that. I’m calling dudes “bitter” for lumping and judging damn near everything some of these dudes do “trash” or “mumble rap”...before they even attempt to understand. Like yo....***** in here will literally tell you Migos or NBA Youngboy are “mumble rappers” and “all rap the same”....without even giving it a shot :lol:.

With that said...Lil Baby is the truth. I initially slept on shorty at first....but he got it.

Ehhh Wavy a hit or miss at times. Over the years you've stated that a number of cats got next up, but they still on the sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom