Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He's an idiot

What's the difference?

You can glorify drug dealing, but how many are going to go get a g pack and turn in to Freeway Rick? That's the difference.

You aren't going to become a kingpin or start hustling because of a song and if it's not already in you and that's your environment.

So ironic right after I read this I see this on the TL

*****s about to make the same type of music and live the same type of lifestyle **** sad

Peep kinda got a lot of his style from Tracy, he was doing his thing already

Bruh need to get it together tho, Peep should be a wake up call he actually talented at the end of the day, just hella dysfunctional

His mama is Coko from SWV and his pops is Ishmael from Digable Planets/Shabazz Palaces for reference :lol:

Last edited:
He's an idiot

What's the difference?

You can glorify drug dealing, but how many are going to go get a g pack and turn in to Freeway Rick? That's the difference.

You aren't going to become a kingpin or start hustling because of a song and if it's not already in you and that's your environment.

um idk about this one

rap definitely makes drug dealing seem easier than it is

rap probably never made many people just jump into crack if they already werent eventually gonna face that fork in the road

but i know firsthand of suburban dudes who tried moving trees got killed or locked up or otherwise in a foul situation because migos/gucci/future/thug made it seem easier than it is and glamorized it overall and im sure there were people in previous generations who fell into similar traps

um idk about this one

rap definitely makes drug dealing seem easier than it is

rap probably never made many people just jump into crack if they already werent eventually gonna face that fork in the road

but i know firsthand of suburban dudes who tried moving trees got killed or locked up or otherwise in a foul situation because migos/gucci/future/thug made it seem easier than it is and glamorized it overall and im sure there were people in previous generations who fell into similar traps

Moving weed is a lot different than moving harder drugs. That's why nobody ever talked about it.

Nobody thinks they're going to become Pablo Escobar selling weed. Nobody brags about it. Most people are just trying to fund their habit.

And I want to know all these who rappers glamorized selling drugs and made it seem easy.

Jay-Z gave two sides throughout his career from day one with Regrets.

Peep kinda got a lot of his style from Tracy, he was doing his thing already

Bruh need to get it together tho, Peep should be a wake up call he actually talented at the end of the day, just hella dysfunctional

His mama is Coko from SWV and his pops is Ishmael from Shabazz Palaces for reference :lol:

robb banks is shaggy son aint it

these dudes be popping up way too conveniently

Plenty suburban daddy's money kids out there moving bud and psychs for no reason other than it's "cool".

My boy locked up for life for a situation involving one of those types.

Jay Z also wasnt shy about how they got the money to start roc a fella

everyone knows you can die or go to prison but when you selling the flashiness and allure of being hard to malleable prepubescent minds for 25 years you cant just act like your conscious is clean because you have one or two songs about your dead homies and prison on every album

Plenty suburban daddy's money kids out there moving bud and psychs for no reason other than it's "cool".

My boy locked up for life for a situation involving one of those types.

That's now, you weren't doing that in the 80's and 90's if you weren't built like that.

So it didn't matter what Big did.

So ironic right after I read this I see this on the TL

*****s about to make the same type of music and live the same type of lifestyle **** sad

This is exactly what i was talking about & why i can't roll with 21 saying we just reporting what's going on in our environment talk. This kid is legit hurt about his friend passing off of drug abuse & the first thing he does is produce a song glorying money & the "rockstar" lifestyle. There is absolutely no truth or detail in it. the music is shallow as ****

That's now, you weren't doing that in the 80's and 90's if you weren't built like that.

So it didn't matter what Big did.

People were def doing it in the 90s and getting robbed by ****** who were really about it though. I got to transition from the hood to the burbs and literally saw it in action, that's how my dude got hemmed up :lol: caught a body in 01 that came back to haunt him

Watching Irv Gotti drink champs and it's good already. Can't believe I'm saying this but Nore has gotten so much better talking over guest

drink champs is always fire to me bc nore usually has experiences from his prime for everyone he talk to

Irv aintdeserve to fall off or get forced off the way he did

Ak is a fool. He defended that ******** he said. Did he graduate from Rutgers?

He generalized hip hop, he wasn't just talking about the popular songs. If he meant the popular songs he would advise them to listen to other rap outside of the radio.

Ak is a fool. He defended that ******** he said. Did he graduate from Rutgers?

He generalized hip hop, he wasn't just talking about the popular songs. If he meant the popular songs he would advise them to listen to other rap outside of the radio.

I took it some type of way because he made it seem like the majority of hip hop is just BS. it came off as if this entire culture has no soul or meaning to it, so you gotta go elsewhere for that. Meanwhile he's adding to the disposable music coming out & benefiting from it.

Back
Top Bottom