Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I def gotta check out that Cyhi Album, based off these interviews he seems to be real good with making songs & not just spitting bars, which was my worry with a full project from him.

So you were 10 to 15 in your era?

I'm the same age and personally I feel like people just have selective memory with what they liked. There was plenty of nonsense back then. Then again I barely rocked with the radio even as a kid.

When I could understand and consume music yea...i was rockin with 50/em/g-unit, jay, nelly, etc...the south as always was making noise but a lot of music after 2005 was acquired taste to me

I def gotta check out that Cyhi Album, based off these interviews he seems to be real good with making songs & not just spitting bars, which was my worry with a full project from him.

In my not-that-biased opinion, No Dope on Sundays is fantastic. Lyrically Cyhi is one of my go-to artists and the bars he put on this album are amazing.

that whole 21 post has been covered in here at nauseam. a lot of these newer artist just want everyone to accept the mediocre music without criticism.

I'm also sick of this but they were rapping about selling it narrative, neither one is positive. However one is much more influential than the other.

95% of the time if someone was selling drugs it wasn't a decision that was swayed by the music. It's a lot more of a bigger reach to think a kid was gonna hear a song about selling drugs & go outside & flip a pack.

As opposed to drug culture being cool & being so widely accessible. It's much easier for a kid to be persuaded into popping a pill then going to sell a pack or shooting someone.

Last edited:
AK a funny dude man :lol:

Real funny. He knows EXACTLY what he’s doing :smh:

That “New Age Jerk Boy” ***** had like 3K followers before outlets picked him up. Then Ak stumbled across him...and made him a divisive fixture for content.

And people feed into it too :smh:. When that dude has a top 25 Single rapping about nothing...remember where it started.

21 savage can't rap and Offset embarrassed him on every song.

Wont happen but I need a Takeoff and Future tape

That's all I got

Literally don't want to hear NOTHING from that dude after what offset did to him on that tape, absolutely deplorable. With a hour of practice I'm quite sure I can rap better than that n_

biggest troll in the game right now

he is making these *****s public figures lol

in 2030 he gonna come out and say he was taking label checks watch

He getting y'all to post his **** in here so what he doing working apparently

Yeah never understood the “we sold the drugs” argument.

You sold it to these lil *****s mamas.

Both sides of that argument are dumb. Neither side is one to brag about.

Honestly that entire argument is really a deflection tho. At no point during the gangsta rap era was there a time when the older generation or rap purist weren't criticizing & asking for Gangsta rap to be taken down, that aspect was always there. However what wasn't in doubt was the skill level of the rappers doing it, their ability to effectively convey a story, their ability to explain what causes the situations, the results of the situation.

The biggest issue people have about A lot of today's music isn't just the topic, but the lack of skill & lack of detail behind it. A lot of these kids are saying that they're going through real issues that they use drugs to suppress, okay well if that's the issue Why not expand on that or go into the details of the downfalls of drug use. Most of these artist don't do that, some simply can't because their not good enough writers.

Like Post stated everything is just about "fun" to this newer era, there's absolutely nothing to be learned or thought about in this specific sub genre of rap.

Ain't that what happened to that dweeb who made that rubbing off the paint trash

Yep and another producer went thru something similar, Lil Voe who did Pull up with a stick. till this day his tag is on the song and they still credit it to someone else.

Was working at the mall and took that quick up front check and probably gave away his ownership/publishing/etc. Gotta read the fine print.

“You Know It’s Lil Voe On The Beat”

Yep and another producer went thru something similar, Lil Voe who did Pull up with a stick. till this day his tag is on the song and they still credit it to someone else.

Was working at the mall and took that quick up front check and probably gave away his ownership/publishing/etc. Gotta read the fine print.

“You Know It’s Lil Voe On The Beat”

**** is SAD. Rap nowadays is ****** up in so many more ways than we could imagine. So much ways to get jerked and finessed and end up with nothing

Damn. Kodak got another album dropping Friday. Project Baby two: All grown up

Post the n***** content then complain about his popularity. Makes sense :lol:.

i wasnt really complaining speaking personally, as much as making the observation that he is literally making or breaking careers and its interesting the dudes he is choosing to push when he could honestly help get so many legitimately dope acts a following if he posted content that wasnt just about pissing people off or getting a reaction

A lot of these kids are saying that they're going through real issues that they use drugs to suppress, okay well if that's the issue Why not expand on that or go into the details of the downfalls of drug use. Most of these artist don't do that, some simply can't because their not good enough writers.

Like Post stated everything is just about "fun" to this newer era, there's absolutely nothing to be learned or thought about in this specific sub genre of rap.

So ironic right after I read this I see this on the TL

****** about to make the same type of music and live the same type of lifestyle **** sad

Back
Top Bottom