Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Any project after Friday Night Lights is meh to me from Jurrmaine. Including one of his recent projects he released after his rebrand that people overhyped

Any project after Friday Night Lights is meh to me from Jurrmaine. Including one of his recent projects he released after his rebrand that people overhyped
Went back and listened to his catalog again and I feel like I've missed something. All his fans think he's some super woke rapper and I didn't get any of that really.

Wayne's bars are like new fast food items.

It's always gonna be fast food but the first time you had a McGriddle it blew your mind. How the **** did they (he) think of this ****? :lol:

A decade after it came out though it's not exactly the craziest thing in the world.

Part of Wayne's appeal for me is that he's saying **** no one else is gonna say or think of. His skill level at rapping itself is wild (or was for
"The Run") The substance ain't necessarily what I go to him for. Dude been a millionaire/hundred thousandaire since 17.

Dude said the **** himself once, I went on a DJ Skoob Doo/Come Up DVD binge watch and he was talking about how Juvie/Turk/BG had the more relatable "street" content bc they were older and off the porch meanwhile Wayne was a youngin who hadn't seen that much and had to make up for it in wordplay and actually being innovative with how he rapped, while kinda not having much to say. Birdman and Slim told him to keep doing it once the world gravitated to him more...probably because the average suburban mfer can't relate to little hood anecdotes/mindstates but they can definitely fw Wayne doing all the sound effects, voice manipulation and linguistic tricks.

No, it's because you dudes were 12 listening to that **** and he was telling you he was the best and he was unavoidable because he was putting so much out

50 lyrically aint never been more than slightly above average.

That bein said, he didnt need to be. He had other strengths...

50 was hip hops first super hero.

He had the resume
He had the content
He had the muscles [pause]

My fault not Raekwon, I misspoke

Meth

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/10-rappers-who-have-used-ghostwriters-news.16650.html

And there were apparently rumors of ghostface having lord superb ghostwrite for him too

Might have just been some lyrics here and there but who knows

I heard about the Lord Superb. They were on the outs and it was his way of attacking him.

I wouldn't take what Meth said as him writing for Ghost

I take that as group stuff. Hey that's dope. More like inspiration and you vibing off each other. Say it like this.

I think it's different from early Tribe, Tip was writing for Phife
Early Outkast Dre was writing for Big Boi

Pusha summed up "Peak Wayne" perfect 10 years ago.

Little _ flow but his metaphors boring

That would mean I have to kill baby like aborshhhhun

28CBEA32-5826-447F-8289-27C7D6200A64.gif

BMJR still hard though

Speaking of Push and Wayne, what sparked thier beef? I remember Wayne being on the "Grindin'" remix and the Clipse being on Birdman's "What Happened to that Boy". I always thought they went at each other because of the Push and Drake beef.

Back
Top Bottom