Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I never once believed that and The Clipse claimed multiple times they weren't talking about him or anyone else specifically at all. My understanding it was a "if the shoe fits" situation and he let the media gas him up into making it a problem. I've also heard Baby didn't pay Pharrell for the What Happened To That Boy beat, now that could cause a problem but I find it hard to believe. Wasn't like Wayne was the only high profile rapper wearing it at the time, but for whatever reason he decided to jump off the porch and diss half of Star Trak

That's not hard to believe

I heard about the Lord Superb. They were on the outs and it was his way of attacking him.

I wouldn't take what Meth said as him writing for Ghost

I take that as group stuff. Hey that's dope. More like inspiration and you vibing off each other. Say it like this.

I think it's different from early Tribe, Tip was writing for Phife
Early Outkast Dre was writing for Big Boi
Superb at 1:06

Ghostface at 2:22

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius appreciate that coli thread. I was binging Heavy D and lesser known Hammer songs til like 2am
5CD9DA3A-00B7-4B09-B32A-D738E1584F9C.gif

IMO Pharrell is the one that made it popular in the u.s. although a few ppl had it around the same time that didn't have the platform or at least the attention/spotlight on them...
beastie boys, Pharrell...robin Williams, etc. were the ones that rocked it before wayne.
I had to import stuff back then and would be on yahoo jp auctions, rakuten, etc. and pondon from ebay and a few others.
then nyc got a store.

I feel like once I saw the olive shark and before that the brazil bapestas and the red/yellow/blue ones I was sold.

lol I used to have the 11th anniversary bapestas...those were so colorful. wonder how much they go for now.

Wow :lol:

Bape, Billionaire Boys Club, is widely known that Pharell made those hot.
I'm not discrediting him. I knew of Pharell from producing for Hov, Mystikal etc. back when Neptunes seemed to be doing everything but I wasn't paying attention to his fashion. Hell, honestly I couldn't afford half of that **** growing up. I was perfectly fine with my white tees and jeans :lol:

Oh and I can't forget the occasional "hood" tee :lol:

Popeye-Gangster-Rapper-2009-King-Black-T-Shirt-Graphic.jpg

Best youngin in NYC right now!!!

NY heads, y’all don’t f**** with him??? I like lil dude. He can do trap and boom bap stuff

Southpole for sure. Eventually I graduated to Girbauds :lol:

Bruh. Don’t tell none of your new friends this. And if you’ve got old Polaroid Pictures. Burn them.

If grandma is in the photo, just cut her out keep that piece of the picture.

Not sure where ya'll from but everybody I know was rockin' South Pole in middle school. Used to hit up Edge in the mall and cop pairs for the low from the girls who had employee discounts. I guess all ya'll must have been the dudes who parents had money and would pull them out of school during the week to go cop Js and always had the newest threads :lol:

Florida. My moms was a single parent, working full time and getting child support (smh). Ghetto fabulous. I confess dawg. We just messing with you bruh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom