Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

”You can't try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after five albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can't do all that and be a legend," they say. "If you wobble dee wobble dee, you can’t be a legend.”

15319D5F-5ACC-4FEB-908B-AD35B181CD13.png

Throwing that flag up, runnin round, you hot **** taking half of everything you get

Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.

—Exodus 23:1

I never once believed that and The Clipse claimed multiple times they weren't talking about him or anyone else specifically at all. My understanding it was a "if the shoe fits" situation and he let the media gas him up into making it a problem. I've also heard Baby didn't pay Pharrell for the What Happened To That Boy beat, now that could cause a problem but I find it hard to believe. Wasn't like Wayne was the only high profile rapper wearing it at the time, but for whatever reason he decided to jump off the porch and diss half of Star Trak

I didn't know he dissed Pharell. Hell I think the only time I heard Wayne really speak on beef was the interview he did on a jet. They asked about Gillie and replied with "who" and of course the Lillie the Squid line from Drought 3 :lol:

The beef started because BEATRICE ain’t wanna pay the Neptunes...

COLOR ME SHOCKED!!!! Who would’ve thunk it....

Wayne called Pharrell “weird” my, my, my ::::Johnny Gill voice::::

Now Wayne is a full fledged weirdo

Called Pharrell a weirdo and said The Clipse along with The Neptunes were irrelevant till Baby "blessed" them with What Happened To That Boy. Disagree completely

Back
Top Bottom