Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Who’s “We” my palette good. I don’t listen to that kind of s****

That’s that love and hip hop crowd rap. Respect punch but these dudes will say s**** like this, but be the main ones supporting that music.

Be in the studio knowing it’s redundant talking about “that’s it right there”

F****uckouttahere

50 lyrically aint never been more than slightly above average.

That bein said, he didnt need to be. He had other strengths...

That’s that love and hip hop crowd rap. Respect punch but these dudes will say s**** like this, but be the main ones supporting that music.

F****uckouttahere

Who is TDE’s top artist? :lol:

F****uckouttahere

most ****** who aren't niche artists and considered "mainstream" "popping" are making that type of music. and doing it in sonically similar ways at that.

Who is TDE’s top artist? :lol:

Kendrick but ummmmm.... I don’t see Punch marketing or promoting Ab Soul much? Nay?

And I should’ve clarified, I bet punch listens to the radio, or certain dudes (like the SoundCloud or colored dread dudes) but he doesn’t criticize them. He may do it behind doors, but not publicly.

Don’t be subliminal. Name, names! Call out radio stations, call out publications, call out people like Akademiks or Say Cheese, or shade room for promoting that music.

Specifically call out people. Don’t tweet that h***** a**** stuff.

It’s funny Drake is considered the “Best” currently, and he’s lyrical. But then it’s like people turn around and say they don’t care for lyrics. Only beats.

It’s like these fickle fans are saying “Hey, we’ll only allow one guy to be a decent lyricist. Every other lyricist is trash.” Makes no sense

Last edited:
Wayne's bars are like new fast food items.

It's always gonna be fast food but the first time you had a McGriddle it blew your mind. How the **** did they (he) think of this ****? :lol:

A decade after it came out though it's not exactly the craziest thing in the world.

This analogy is PERFECT

Mf said don’t rhyme

And it rhymed

3B56F50A-5F37-4C02-94AA-3CF644C58E9A.png

Kendrick but ummmmm.... I don’t see Punch marketing or promoting Ab Soul much? Nay?

And I should’ve clarified, I bet punch listens to the radio, or certain dudes (like the SoundCloud or colored dread dudes) but he doesn’t criticize them. He may do it behind doors, but not publicly.

Don’t be subliminal. Name, names! Call out radio stations, call out publications, call out people like Akademiks or Say Cheese, or shade room for promoting that music.

Specifically call out people. Don’t tweet that h***** a**** stuff

That just leads to his artists getting involved in beefs/negative coverage for something they have nothing to do with.
Man is running a business, he can speak on a climate without talking **** about specific people.

The point is...swag, image, beat choice, delivery, etc. all play a role in how you interpret a line like that....what's a laughable line for Wayne is okay for Pusha, Jadakiss or Benny/Conway

Wayne fans gotta stop using this excuse. :lol:

The dudes you named don't even have the same style as Wayne. And Wayne fans need to stop acting like he's the only rapper that gets clowned for that. Fab has been clowned. Big Sean is currently the rapper catching it. Ain't no excuse for corny and silly punchlines no matter who says it. Wayne just happened to build his career on it. :lol:

Now they dried up and he has nothing else to offer.

Wayne fans gotta stop using this excuse. :lol:

The dudes you named don't even have the same style as Wayne. And Wayne fans need to stop acting like he's the only rapper that gets clowned for that. Fab has been clowned. Big Sean is currently the rapper catching it. Ain't no excuse for corny and silly punchlines no matter who says it. Wayne just happened to build his career on it. :lol:

Now they dried up and he has nothing else to offer.

Yeah for 'I'm the **** like number 2" type bars :lol: but at the specific line in question, Pusha or Kiss, Benny etc. would definitely get away with it.

Hell I say all the time, the bars that people go crazy for from Takeoff or Offset, people laugh at Sean for especially on that Metro project.

Once the bandwagon says you're corny, ur corny.

This n**** here needa retire bruh.

Nas rap like he kno he sucks. Even his energy in the video sh***y.

Nas rappin in 2019 like kobe ballin in 2016. It’s only hurtin his legacy. This comin from a fan of both.

N**** truly cooked. S*** sad. :smh:

This n**** here needa retire bruh.

Nas rap like he kno he sucks. Even his energy in the video sh***y.

Nas rappin in 2019 like kobe ballin in 2016. It’s only hurtin his legacy. This comin from a fan of both.

N**** truly cooked. S*** sad. :smh:

Lost tapes 2 garbage

Wayne's bars are like new fast food items.

It's always gonna be fast food but the first time you had a McGriddle it blew your mind. How the **** did they (he) think of this ****? :lol:

A decade after it came out though it's not exactly the craziest thing in the world

Part of Wayne's appeal for me is that he's saying **** no one else is gonna say or think of. His skill level at rapping itself is wild (or was for
"The Run") The substance ain't necessarily what I go to him for. Dude been a millionaire/hundred thousandaire since 17.

Dude said the **** himself once, I went on a DJ Skoob Doo/Come Up DVD binge watch and he was talking about how Juvie/Turk/BG had the more relatable "street" content bc they were older and off the porch meanwhile Wayne was a youngin who hadn't seen that much and had to make up for it in wordplay and actually being innovative with how he rapped, while kinda not having much to say. Birdman and Slim told him to keep doing it once the world gravitated to him more...probably because the average suburban mfer can't relate to little hood anecdotes/mindstates but they can definitely fw Wayne doing all the sound effects, voice manipulation and linguistic tricks.

That latter part is so true :rofl:

I compare him to mid-00s Dane Cook. I remember during his peak he was the hottest thing around and people losing their **** to his routines, and I don't think I cracked one smile trying to get through those. Those same people go back to watch his stuff and realize he wasn't funny at all and wasn't saying ****. That's Reginae's dad in a nutshell.

No details..it’s just the fact that you’re guilty by association.

No one would ever say: Pusha t, Ghostface Killa or Jadakiss...have a ghost writer.

Even to the point where you stated that Wayne used Gillie’s cadence - basically copying someone style...That’s the point of being great you brought style to the platform...

How can someone be crown as one of the great with those type of accusations...

Or even given respect for it?

Almost along the lines of: y’all respect the man that got shot, I respect the shooter.
Actually Ghostface has had entire verses and songs written for him.

Back
Top Bottom