Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Oh wow you guys are talking about Wayne?

tenor.gif

Jay has bitten numerous flows over the years (according to y’all), and he’s still considered a GOAT

There's no such thing as biting a flow.

How do you own a flow?

And most of these dudes that people claim invented something didn't even invent it, they just popularized it.

I notice people only do that **** with Jay. Nobody said Big was biting Bone. Nobody said Pun was biting G Rap.

There's a difference in changing your whole style, from style of dress to how you rap.

That's like how Death Row started having fake versions of the people they had beef with.

Wayne fans hyping up **** like this is why people dislike him so much :lol:
This is "best rapper alive" bars?

King basic punch line. :nthat:

Style > Substance

It's like how Smooth B or Camp Lo would say absolutely nothing, but sound confident saying it

Looking back though Wayne's delivery did carry a lot of that **** but once you start thinking like that, you're taking the magic out of rap because most **** seems un-spectacular written out with no beat or context. They gotta make it rhyme and fit into certain tempos at the end of the day.

Like dude said, if Pusha or GriseldaBennyConwayTwitty whoever the **** said it...

Deflecting and playing what if's isn't my thing.
In all of Wayne's career if those are the bars you want to post to make an argument for him, we can do much better with the artists you want to attack us for being fans of :lol:
Also none of those artists are going to have a descent that turns into poop and eating ***** punchlines for a decade.

The point is...swag, image, beat choice, delivery, etc. all play a role in how you interpret a line like that....what's a laughable line for Wayne is okay for Pusha, Jadakiss or Benny/Conway

Nobody said it was laughable, it's just that those are the lines his fans pull out of his vast catalog to remind us he was so good. It'd be an average bar to those rappers like it is an average bar to Wayne.

Those bars were like the **** @wavycrocket will post and act like it's so amazing

I'll try to read garbage multiple times to see if I'm missing some hidden meanings or an entendre

Wayne's bars are like new fast food items.

It's always gonna be fast food but the first time you had a McGriddle it blew your mind. How the **** did they (he) think of this ****? :lol:

A decade after it came out though it's not exactly the craziest thing in the world.

Part of Wayne's appeal for me is that he's saying **** no one else is gonna say or think of. His skill level at rapping itself is wild (or was for
"The Run") The substance ain't necessarily what I go to him for. Dude been a millionaire/hundred thousandaire since 17.

Dude said the **** himself once, I went on a DJ Skoob Doo/Come Up DVD binge watch and he was talking about how Juvie/Turk/BG had the more relatable "street" content bc they were older and off the porch meanwhile Wayne was a youngin who hadn't seen that much and had to make up for it in wordplay and actually being innovative with how he rapped, while kinda not having much to say. Birdman and Slim told him to keep doing it once the world gravitated to him more...probably because the average suburban mfer can't relate to little hood anecdotes/mindstates but they can definitely fw Wayne doing all the sound effects, voice manipulation and linguistic tricks.

Back
Top Bottom