Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Those snippets for Mos Def and Mystikal were so good SMH

The beats he had from 02-04 were soooooo bad. Boo & Gotti, Birdman’s first two albums, and 500 Degreez were booty, largely due to Mannie. 05 is when his beats started trending upwards again, but other than Jeezy, Slim Thug and Bun B, I don’t remember what else he made.

Even back then most of those Cash Money singles from 01-04 sounded silly. The Gator boots joint was FIRE but like I said he was real hit or miss. I still don't get how he fell off like that. I Got That Work is one of my favorite produced ever, every beat on there is a monster.

:pimp:

double

then in 2 years his sound got real cartoonish. :smh:

since were talking about dfb who stsrted snap music..i just know all the artists from that time were either from bankhead or from the Westside of atlanta
DFB, JD, Lil Jon then D4L got snap really poppin...It was a mainly a westside thing with some southside cats involved too...Those parts of the city was holding it down heavy at the time till Gucci took off then the attention shifted to East ATL

Million Dollar Worth of Game was talking about the top 5 trash rappers:

They concluded:

1. Snow (who I never considered a rapper)
2. Markie Mark
3. Bizzare of D12
4. Mangoo
5. Birdman :lol:

Honorable: Safaree. :lol:

Who y’all too 5 trash rapper ???

Last edited:
1)Turncoat69
2)All these new youtube rappers/colored hair dudes
3)Turncoat69
4)Turncoat69
5)Turncoat69
6)Adolph Thornton
7)Moneybag Yo
8.Bobby Shmurda
9)Boonk Gang

Million Dollar Worth of Game was talking about the top 5 trash rappers:

They concluded:

1. Snow (who I never considered a rapper)
2. Markie Mark
3. Bizzare of D12
4. Mangoo
5. Birdman :lol:

Who y’all too 5 trash rapper ???

How they put Birdman, and not Diddy? That’s how I know they don’t listen.

Birdman doesn’t belong. He’s a legit good rapper/gamespitter

Imagine saying this

90E66B12-E827-4FCE-823C-19562F96814D.gif

I’ve listened to that song maybe 4 times in the past two years and can’t believe that’s a song y’all have in yalls pockets to say how great of a rapper he is. That is about as average and weak as you could get. If Fabolous or J-Hood had made that back then you would’ve laughed at it.

I’ve listened to that song maybe 4 times in the past two years and can’t believe that’s a song y’all have in yalls pockets to say how great of a rapper he is. That is about as average and weak as you could get. If Fabolous or J-Hood had made that back then you would’ve laughed at it.

I agree. That song overrated AF.

Snitch, Earthquake, Ain’t that a b****, This is the Carter, and On My Own. Are ALLLLLLL better songs than BMR Jr.

Bull-****. And you said the “beat” was trash too. So that’s how I know it’s pure hate :lol:.

I know ****** be having gimmicks to keep up with...But it would be more honorable if ****** was honest with themselves. Whole reply full of cap

Bull-****. And you said the “beat” was trash too. So that’s how I know it’s pure hate :lol:.

There’s literally nothing special about the beat nor the lyrics, it’s just the song is 5 minutes long, so 12 year old wavy was getting lost in the “vibe” of it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that’s the gist of every one of his songs.

And I guess this post would apply to RUSSIAN CREAM RUSSIAN CREAM too. Vibey.

This is what I been saying about Fresh. He was GREAT from 96-00 then he was hit or miss. I can't put him with or above dudes that have been consistently great and had multiple runs. He was a monster at his peak though.
I understand this logic. I guess as a fan of pre-YMCMB Cash Money, I remember his production from those days. This man produced 400 Degreez, It’s All On U Vol. 1&2, Tha Block is Hot, Guerrilla Warfare etc. Those are entire bodies of work compared to some of the more famous producers who may have did an album here and there sprinkled in with some hit singles. Also if we’re talking about 500 Degreez and later, wasn’t a lot of that stuff produced by Jazze Pha? I know he signed to Cash Money for like 50 songs or something like. Outside of a few tracks, I never liked his style for Cash Money.

Oh and somebody mentioned the TIP joints; Top Back, Front Back, Big Sh*t Poppin’ and Da Dopeman all bang :smokin

There’s literally nothing special about the beat nor the lyrics, it’s just the song is 5 minutes long, so 12 year old wavy was getting lost in the “vibe” of it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that’s the gist of every one of his songs.

And I guess this post would apply to RUSSIAN CREAM RUSSIAN CREAM too. Vibey.

Flip ya vehicle, split ya windshield
Whack ya baby mama but I let the kid live

On God if Pusha said this instead of “Wa_n_” or however you spell it lol, that would be one of the greatest bars of the century in y’all eyes.

Missy Elliot? Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Lil Kim, Eve, Da Brat, Jean Grae, Rah Digga...

Nawl b, that list too long

Come on fam, you should know better than to even ask that. I’m talking all these new female rappers. Asia Doll, Megan, City *****es

Flip ya vehicle, split ya windshield
Whack ya baby mama but I let the kid live

On God if Pusha said this instead of “Wa_n_” or however you spell it lol, that would be one of the greatest bars of the century in y’all eyes.

“You sleep in the field, for trying the dude
I’ll bust your head to the meat, turn your mind to food
Food for thought, think...I ain’t lying to you

That’s a mf’n bar. Idk whatever the hell Peep Game Peep Game or Hahahaha Hahahaha talking about. Pure hate from them.

Front on ‘05 Wayne...but listen to an ENTIRE project from the likes of Berner and Red Cafe. In 2019.

Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom