Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Bruh Mannie don’t get no where near enough credit. I don’t know how this man isn’t mentioned with the best of them. GOAT status in my book.

Problem is fresh hasnt been even remotely consistent since the old CMR run.

There’s been a few songs here and there released over the years, but he hasn’t really found consistency, let alone the full length albums he used to do.

I remember him sayin he was in some sorta situation with def jam years ago where he was contractually bound and couldn’t release music or something to that effect but that was years ago.

He should def be in the convo based off what he’s done already but “what have you done for me lately” def comes into play when ranking fresh.

Dope interview from a couple years back when he explained some of this:

That n_ nose the same. I thought y’all was talking about the eyeliner.

Travis may be a self-hating, white frat boy but, idk if he’d get surgery and s****

Problem is fresh hasnt been even remotely consistent since the old CMR run.

There’s been a few songs here and there released over the years, but he hasn’t really found consistency, let alone the full length albums he used to do.

I remember him sayin he was in some sorta situation with def jam years ago where he was contractually bound and couldn’t release music or something to that effect but that was years ago.

He should def be in the convo based off what he’s done already but “what have you done for me lately” def comes into play when ranking fresh.

Dope interview from a couple years back when he explained some of this:

This is what I been saying about Fresh. He was GREAT from 96-00 then he was hit or miss. I can't put him with or above dudes that have been consistently great and had multiple runs. He was a monster at his peak though.

since were talking about dfb who stsrted snap music..i just know all the artists from that time were either from bankhead or from the Westside of atlanta

Fresh should’ve switch up, after 2002. He was no longer handcuffed by Birdman or strictly the in-house producer for CM.

He was still trying to give dudes CMR type records, even though he ain’t have to. He didn’t evolve. I HATED the beats he gave to TI and Jeezy on their albums. Like dawg, they not the Hot Boy$.

He never tried new stuff, post-CMR

Still waiting for the Mos Def and Mannie Fresh album.

Those snippets for Mos Def and Mystikal were so good SMH

Fresh should’ve switch up, after 2002. He was no longer handcuffed by Birdman or strictly the in-house producer for CM.

He was still trying to give dudes CMR type records, even though he ain’t have to. He didn’t evolve. I HATED the beats he gave to TI and Jeezy on their albums. Like dawg, they not the Hot Boy$.

He never tried new stuff, post-CMR

The beats he had from 02-04 were soooooo bad. Boo & Gotti, Birdman’s first two albums, and 500 Degreez were booty, largely due to Mannie. 05 is when his beats started trending upwards again, but other than Jeezy, Slim Thug and Bun B, I don’t remember what else he made.

Last edited:
since were talking about dfb who stsrted snap music..i just know all the artists from that time were either from bankhead or from the Westside of atlanta

Whoever started that s****, I don’t wanna know. Hated it in 2004, still hate it. I hate crunk/snap, and I’m from Florida.

But certain Ying Yang Twins album cuts, or Lil Jon sons like “nothing’s fee” w/Oobie, I rock with those

The beats he had from 02-04 were soooooo bad. Boo & Gotti, Birdman’s first two albums, and 500 Degreez were booty, largely due to Mannie. 05 is when his beats started trending upwards again, but other than Jeezy, Slim Thug and Bun B, I don’t remember what else he made.

ehhhhh, i guess the fall off was somewhat evident but tha carter released in 04. we not about to deny him that year.

and its not fair to hold fresh accountable for boo & gotti and bird albums bein trash. i mean, its boo & gotti and birdman.

this the last song i remember from yo:

im pretty sure he still makin beats, its just that very few of em actually surface on anyones projects.

ehhhhh, i guess the fall off was somewhat evident but tha carter released in 04. we not about to deny him that year.

and its not fair to hold fresh accountable for boo & gotti and bird albums bein trash. i mean, its boo & gotti and birdman.

this the last song i remember from yo:

im pretty sure he still makin beats, its just that very few of em actually surface on anyones projects.

Oh yea C1 did have some good Mannie beats on there (BM Jr wasn’t one of them, that song was so trash)

Back
Top Bottom