Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

“Pharrell” ain’t make s**** popular in the south” is a bold faced lie.

He had dudes selling fake bape. I remember a n_ at my school named Amari, selling dudes fake bapes. This was 2003/2004

It's definitely generational that's why I said people who were like 15-16 and under in 06-07. Wayne and Soulja had more of a grasp on that generation than Pharrell IMO.

It's definitely generational that's why I said people who were like 15-16 and under in 06-07. Wayne and Soulja had more of a grasp on that generation than Pharrell IMO.

Pharrell was popular in every region. Dudes just be saying s**** just to hear themselves talk.

Soulja was saying “I got me some bathing apes yooooooooooooooooooullll” and this was 2007. And he southern. Pharrell influenced that. Travis Scott from Houston.... and he’s a big Pharrell fan and is a staunch Bape supporter. And that’s accredited to who.... PHARRELL

But HOU$TON HOU$TON said Pharrell ain’t have no influence :lol: :rofl:

This is all that needs to be said as far as Pharrell/Clipse/Wayne.

As someone who was 12-14 when A Milli and all that came out...Wayne and jerking made my generation slim their clothes up.

Nobody in our age range had any (real :lol:) Bape but I don't really attribute that to any one person from my perspective. I do remember the first time I remember seeing BAPE period was the Hustler Muzik video and

s-l640.jpg

This photoshoot. Wayne and Soulja def did more for Bape in certain southern pockets than Pharrell. If you were old enough to be in the know, Pharrell probably did more but Wayne and Soulja had the bigger influence at the time if you were say 10th grade or younger in the South.

At the same time I remember being in elementary school and making Baby Milo characters on Pharrell's site. Didn't realize till retrospect but lowkey he put me on that entire culture with the In My Mind rollout and cover.

It's sad that Push and Wayne will never work together over the Complex nerd who was interviewing Wayne instigating in 06.

You gotta stop acting like people just started listen to rap in 2007. I know that’s your era but bruh. Sit this out.

People in their late 20s, or early 30s. And even late 30s in the south, were influenced by Pharrell and the Neptunes. Gave Mystikal the hit of all hits.... in the year 2000!!!

You only speaking for those 22 and under

You only speaking for those 22 and under

:lol: I don't think I ever said I wasn't speaking in this age range.

maybe 16 in 06 was too high of an age...same time I'm from the Carolinas and remember my older cousins in HS in 06 being Soulja Boy'd out when he had all them dumb *** songs Doo Doo Head and what not...these rachet mfs didn't give a **** bout no Pharrell. :lol:

I feel like the more street/hood rappers put my generation/area on to Bape than Pharrell...every ***** in a shark hoodie don't know what Nigo or Baby Milo is...they knew Soulja and Wayne...Wayne kinda had a point with certain ****** thought Pharrell was weird/gay. I didn't but I see what he was saying. Wayne definitely put a generation on to Bape and that "rockstar" style of dressing with the skinny colored jeans and pants chains.

We speaking for two different demographics and age ranges...

I went to college in the south...around the time bape blew up in the u.s.
there were a certain segment that knew about bape from Pharrell period. they were also the same types that were sneaker heads, knew about supreme, etc.
then there was the majority that rocked fake bape based off of wayne when fake bape was easily accessible and when they had no idea how to order from yahoo jp, rakuten and had no access to the bape store in nyc.

when I wore bape (or anybody else around that time) we were like celebrities. it was kinda crazy tbh. ppl would follow, ask mad questions, etc.
this is before wayne. add Wayne's oversized bape clothing and it skyrocketed. the fakes went up, ppl started rocking fake stuff, etc.

so I feel like both of you are right. I saw it with my own eyes.

However I definitely was like 10-11 on this site every day but I was into that type **** from a young age...

hqdefault.jpg

I went to college in the south...around the time bape blew up in the u.s.
there were a certain segment that knew about bape from Pharrell period. they were also the same types that were sneaker heads, knew about supreme, etc.
then there was the majority that rocked fake bape based off of wayne when fake bape was easily accessible and when they had no idea how to order from yahoo jp, rakuten and had no access to the bape store in nyc.

Facts.

If you had a NikeTalk account in high school (as I did) you probably not the demographic I'm talking about that got put on to BAPE from Wayne or Soulja...

Pharrell was popular in every region. Dudes just be saying s**** just to hear themselves talk.

Soulja was saying “I got me some bathing apes yooooooooooooooooooullll” and this was 2007. And he southern. Pharrell influenced that. Travis Scott from Houston.... and he’s a big Pharrell fan and is a staunch Bape supporter. And that’s accredited to who.... PHARRELL

But HOU$TON HOU$TON said Pharrell ain’t have no influence :lol: :rofl:
I appreciate the @ but I stand on the statement. Pharell didn’t influence a damn thing in the south, he was seen as weird/gay/lame tbh

:lol: I don't think I ever said I wasn't speaking in this age range.

maybe 16 in 06 was too high of an age...same time I'm from the Carolinas and remember my older cousins in HS in 06 being Soulja Boy'd out when he had all them dumb *** songs Doo Doo Head and what not...these rachet mfs didn't give a **** bout no Pharrell. :lol:

I feel like the more street/hood rappers put my generation/area on to Bape than Pharrell...every ***** in a shark hoodie don't know what Nigo or Baby Milo is...they knew Soulja and Wayne...Wayne kinda had a point with certain *****s thought Pharrell was weird/gay. I didn't but I see what he was saying. Wayne definitely put a generation on to Bape and that "rockstar" style of dressing with the skinny colored jeans and pants chains.

We speaking for two different demographics and age ranges...

...now your whole generation looking gay/weird. And Wayne was kissing n_ (evidence since 2002) so, y’all was giving Lil Wayne a pass, for kissing baby in the mouth?? :lol: :lol: :rofl:

My my my.....

“Pharrell looked weird/gay”... but your generation got Tekashi69 and Thug. So hey, I UNDERSTAND the Wayne love. He got your generation thinking kissing men is acceptable. I get IT now!!

Pharrell indirectly influenced y’all cuz he influenced the ones y’all followed

I ain’t follow Wayne for FASHION. :lol: :rofl:. That n_ ALWAYS dressed trash. He the southern Jay-Z of fashion. He never could dress.

T.I. was wayyyyyyyyy more fresh than Wayne

...now your whole generation looking gay/weird. And Wayne was kissing n_ (evidence since 2002) so, y’all was giving Lil Wayne a pass, for kissing baby in the mouth?? :lol: :lol: :rofl:

My my my.....

“Pharrell looked weird/gay”... but your generation got Tekashi69 and Thug. So hey, I UNDERSTAND the Wayne love. He got your generation thinking kissing men is acceptable. I get IT now!!

I personally definitely looked at Wayne and Baby kissing as weird but I mean...just like with Thug once you get the initial jokes out the way...the ***** makes hot music...

These videos were popping w my gen around that time. They got theirs...

I personally definitely looked at Wayne and Baby kissing as weird but I mean...just like with Thug once you get the initial jokes out the way...the ***** makes hot music...

These videos were popping w my gen around that time. They got theirs...

Again, whether they gay or not. I could care less. I’m no Homophobic. I like the music too. But you CANNOT SAY PHARRELL looked gay, when lil Wayne was round here KISSING baby. The picture been out for 20 years! Ain’t nothing street or gangsta about that (without ridicule). I guess he was getting a pass in y’all circle. That s**** forever made me view him different. Again, I’m a fan. But that’s basically worse than snitching.

You “street” but kissing men?

I appreciate the @ but I stand on the statement. Pharell didn’t influence a damn thing in the south, he was seen as weird/gay/lame tbh
dunno, I saw more than a few ppl rock dunks and bapes in the south before wayne ever wore bape. they were definitely from the south, too.
there weren't a lot of ppl but there were a few.

pharrell was looked at more like how Kanye used to be looked at...like a fashion guru/icon. one of my friends in college rocked a by bathing ape tee with the ape head on it and bapes regularly (for example). before wayne.
he sounds like currensy to me (which is extra slow). i'm from nyc...we had a bape store. these ****** imported.
he def and honestly influenced me in ways on some fashion stuff.

Back
Top Bottom