Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn Pharrell slander. Man’s is super talented and seems like a good dude. Am I missing something?

Also he did influence the youth all across the US. Not in one particular region. Dude isn’t a involved with brands he’s involved with because “He has no influence”. Did he influence me fashion wise? No. But his influence on the Youth as well as younger artists is undeniable.

I had a lot of debates about ether vs. takeover lol in college.
matter of fact around that time was NY's last stranglehold on the industry. 50 was played in every car when grodt dropped. my roommate was a diehard nas fan from the south and hated dipset. dipset def had a presence in the south with certain ppl. wayne def bit off of dipset and Pharrell (IMO).
Kanye def influenced ppl too.

I started college when pinwheel fitteds were in, remember later when everyone was rocking pink at a certain point (cam stared and thinked but had more than the whole ny wearing pink) and left when the south got the crown basically after get low stayed on the radio for like a full year.

good times. i came down listening to boom bap and got to experience crunk, snap, etc. music. nothing like seeing a club full of ppl and lil jon and the eastside boys or pastor troy comes on.
yo i even remember a dude that rocked a fake rocafella chain around campus.

jay def had influence and dipset too. it wasn't always like it is now.

dunno, I saw more than a few ppl rock dunks and bapes in the south before wayne ever wore bape. they were definitely from the south, too.
there weren't a lot of ppl but there were a few.

pharrell was looked at more like how Kanye used to be looked at...like a fashion guru/icon. one of my friends in college rocked a by bathing ape tee with the ape head on it and bapes regularly (for example). before wayne.
he sounds like currensy to me (which is extra slow). i'm from nyc...we had a bape store. these ****** imported.
he def and honestly influenced me in ways on some fashion stuff.
What did you consider Wayne kissing baby in the mouth as? In the early 2000s. Just curious

Ain’t no photos of Pharrell kissing Teddy Riley in the mouf
Why are we discussing Wayne? I haven’t mentioned him at all

Pharrell def influenced people but we're just talking about two diff demographics and ppl tryna lump it to one

its hood ****** and its ****** into fashion and whatnot and some ****** in between :lol: everyone is right some ****** viewed him as weird and some ****** w him, kanye and everything they were doing w streetwear and ****

Dusty *****s caught on to Bape when Wayne put it on tbh

Right?

Skateboard P was ahead of his time man.

"I wore Louboutins before they knew what they was
They like, "Louis Vuitton? Naw, uh-uh, cuz"
That's when I realized they didn't know what they was"

Back
Top Bottom