Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Why is that crazy? Aint there like 15 credits on sicko mode? And he openly said that he believes music should be a collaborative effort. He all but admitted he doesn't write like that

I could've swore I read somewhere he had like 80 writers on one of his albums. And yeah, he said when pressed on it that music is a collaborative effort. If you enjoy his music that's fine, but don't be talking about his pen or him being on an all time MC's list. I look at him more as a pop artist than a rapper but people freak out over that ****, dude has tracks I enjoy but I've never been like "these bars :wow:"

Still denying Drake’s pen in 2019 is crazy

He’s definitely the GOAT feature artist, his batting percentage is high
Jokes aside it's hard to give his pen all this credit when it's proof it ain't his pen. It's up to you if you choose to ignore the proof.

Why is that crazy? Aint there like 15 credits on sicko mode? And he openly said that he believes music should be a collaborative effort. He all but admitted he doesn't write like that

Samples, theres 3-4 samples alone, that pyramids the writing credits

If a ***** needs someone to write “out like a light” for him then thats crazy

But Drake wrote that verse in the same vein as ‘Nonstop’ and smoked that ****

It’s always funny to hear “Drakes not lyrical” no one debating he is, but to say he doesn’t write at all is hating and straight denial

I could've swore I read somewhere he had like 80 writers on one of his albums. And yeah, he said when pressed on it that music is a collaborative effort. If you enjoy his music that's fine, but don't be talking about his pen or him being on an all time MC's list. I look at him more as a pop artist than a rapper but people freak out over that ****, dude has tracks I enjoy but I've never been like "these bars :wow:"

Right. Like I can't deny he got bangers. If you make a playlist without Drake you're probably a trash dj. But I just can't trust him or respect him as a real MC

Jokes aside it's hard to give his pen all this credit when it's proof it ain't his pen. It's up to you if you choose to ignore the proof.

He got exposed over that one project

If we going with “proof” and reference tracks only dropped for ONE project then what other proof is there? Look at all these rappers tracklisting/credits 95% got more than one credit on writing but we know what thats about

Kanye was giving ****** writing credits for wearing Balenciagas to the studio and him being inspired to put that in his rhyme

If we going with “proof” and reference tracks only dropped for ONE project then what other proof is there? Look at all these rappers tracklisting/credits 95% got more than one credit on writing but we know what thats about

Kanye was giving *****s writing credits for wearing Balenciagas to the studio and him being inspired to put that in his rhyme

If you're willing to have someone ghostwrite on one project and it's a success why wouldn't you do it with other projects?

If you're willing to have someone ghostwrite on one project and it's a success why wouldn't you do it with other projects?

Wheres the proof? Y’all arguing assumptions

Edit: his follow up project Views was a dud, not critically acclaimed but highly successful, he had writers on that one?

Kanye was giving *****s writing credits for wearing Balenciagas to the studio and him being inspired to put that in his rhyme
It’s ok b. Kanye gave ****** credits for leather pants but also was giving ****** credit for writing songs too. It’s cool man, dre, puff, ye and drake all still legends at the end of the day. Hate em or love em, he making history.

Kanye was giving *****s writing credits for wearing Balenciagas to the studio amd him being inspired to put that in his rhyme

It's more than one project. The Weeknd literally gave him some records that's on Take Care. The Rico verse ain't even on one of his projects. Majid Jordan wrote for him. Nickelus F wrote for him. :lol:

Like I said if ya'll big Drake fans wanna ignore it go 'head. Ya'll can still love the music.

It's more than one project. The Weeknd literally gave him some records that's on Take Care. The Rico verse ain't even on one of his projects. Majid Jordan wrote for him. Nickelus F wrote for him. :lol:

Like I said if ya'll big Drake fans wanna ignore it go 'head. Ya'll can still love the music.

Weeknd was credited/featured and got a career out of it

Rico was the same album cycle as IYRT, which would make sense since it was QM

Majid Jordan? Pop/R&B records? Ok thats fine

Nickelus F was before Drake even blew up, so cool, use that as an example

We having two different arguments

****** in here arguing Drake dont write at all, which is not the case at all, regardless how someone feel about him

*****s in here arguing Drake dont write at all, which is not the case at all, regardless how someone feel about him

Don't think anybody is saying Drake has never wrote before, you just taking jokes too personal. :lol:

Fact is we know he has a squad of writers, we don't know what is or isn't writing unless you're there in the studio.

Bruh didn't even try to deny any of the writers and just changed the argument :lol:

No one is denying writers lol

But to completely discredit the pen is also wild

All these ****** get help writing drake was the only to be exposed with it

I’ve posted numerous screenshots of song credits with multiple writers for all these other rappers and no one cares...the argument is just different cause its the dudes who dont like Drake ready to jump everytime we big him up in here

Discussion started with “feature king” and you had the 3-4 regulars come out to start talking about writing ****, which shifted the convo

Back
Top Bottom