Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The Golden Child is the worst executed song I've heard in a while. Sentimental but boy is the written badly

Numerical Slaughter is only "good" because what he's doing is difficult and he does it well. I respect them first 2 tracks.

Golden Child and Precious Jewel are written so basic they sound like he's never rapped before

Same with Luda IMO, around 2006 ‘Release Therapy’, complete switch up, didn’t have that same swag still put out decent stuff though

Yep. Back For The First Time, World Of Mouf, and some of Chicken and Beer are entirely different than most of his albums that came afterwards. They lacked that swag and fun his first albums had. His 2015 album is probably the closest to “old Luda” that we’ll get.

Yep. Back For The First Time, World Of Mouf, and some of Chicken and Beer are entirely different than most of his albums that came afterwards. They lacked that swag and fun his first albums had. His 2015 album is probably the closest to “old Luda” that we’ll get.

Things changed once he started acting and his attention shifted from music to movies. He seen them dollars

Before I Let You Go... :lol:

Honestly I’m not a big fan of that song :lol:

I skip it every time. And Maze is my favorite group of all time.

giphy.gif

Finally sitting down to listen to this Papoose and there's so much of a focus on showcasing talent and lyrical ability the songs don't sound that good

Never was a fan of his.

He's the child of Canibus to me.

Might just be me. NY dudes just sound out of place talking about they emotions outside of anger

Ghostface?

DMX?

Before I Let You Go... :lol:

Honestly I’m not a big fan of that song :lol:

I skip it every time. And Maze is my favorite group of all time.

“You use to be my dawg, you was in my left titty (pause)”

We ain’t homies no more... that song is a masterpiece.

Frankie Beverly, Jeffrey Osborne, Teddy Pendergast or Eddie Levert... I’d love to have one of their singing voices

I think he meant GZA, either way I was never a fan of that "lyrical/miracle" terminology when it came to hip-hop. Feels like your being criticized for being nice as **** on the mic.

Nah, GZA was nice. I meant RZA, lol

GZA and Inspectah deck were lyrical and could actually make songs.

RZA was trash

Looks like the answer will vary, I always thought 'lyrical/miracle' were for MC's who focused HEAVILY on complex rhymes with deeper meanings. I never associated that with RZA

EDIT: RZA is my guy by the way, not an insult at all and he has his moments

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom