U don’t just sign some ****
And ok we can say they were young broke blah blah blah
Well sometimes on some real ****
U gotta charge it to the game
They could still get a bag
Hell I got physicals of their album
So I don’t care about if it’s available for stream
Hell do u even have their physical albums

I never really listened to them but this applies to all OGs who go thru **** and because they not popping no more people just say “well you shoulda knew what you signed” like these dudes weren’t 17-25 with no predecessors and no internet, no dame dash going around telling you that ____ is fu.

Mannnnnn, a lot of them 2007-2011 beats were AWFUL. Damn some of the production back then was cheesy as heck

1) rise of Young Money
2) peak ringtone era
3) last era of 1-2 hit wonders

There’s a good amount of gems during that period, but overall that was a horrendous era for popular/mainstream rap music. But while people like Jibbs, B-Hamp, and GS Boyz were barely making it to their 2nd single back then, Lil Pump, NAV, and Lil’ Yachty of today have multiple albums and mixtapes already :lol:

Looking back that Waka/ Lex Luger sound was TRASH AS **** once the imitations started going with it :lol:

Also as far as production goes right now Harry Fraud has been killing for damn near a decade at this point & doesn't get his credit.

Looking back that Waka/ Lex Luger sound was TRASH AS **** once the imitations started going with it :lol:

16183_indifferent.gif
16183_indifferent.gif
16183_indifferent.gif

Also as far as production goes right now Harry Fraud has been killing for damn near a decade at this point & doesn't get his credit.
Cardo is underrated if anybody is.

And hard in the paint/bmf will forever be amazing. Good memories

Can’t completely agree with this just cause Lex Luger laced Juicy J something serious. But Lex Luger gave a lot of ancillary dudes beats in which they just said “make me something that sound just like BMF” and Lex would take a deep sigh and change 1 instrument on BMF.

Once...doesn’t mean he did it. Iono

But he did go to jail for taxes or something, too.

Just like Tupac, I don’t believe that he rapped shorty but he did time for it.

On June 26, 2003, Mystikal pleaded guilty to sexual battery and extortion. On January 15, 2004, Mystikal was sentenced to six years in state prison after pleading guilty to forcing his hairstylist to perform sex acts. The rapper and two bodyguards forced the woman to perform oral sex, and accused her of stealing $80,000 in checks. As part of a plea bargain, all three pleaded guilty. Mystikal initially claimed that the incident was consensual, but a videotape of the incident was later found at his home shortly after the charges were made. Negotiations during the trial held the videotape from being entered as evidence and Mystikal agreed to the plea bargain offered by the prosecution, avoiding the mandatory life sentence for sexual battery in Louisiana and expecting to receive probation. However, the case took a twist when the judge viewed the videotape at the sentencing, took into account Mystikal's two prior arrests (for drug and gun possession), and had him remanded into custody to begin serving a six-year sentence immediately. Mystikal's bodyguards, Leland Ellis and Vercy Carter, also pleaded guilty to sexual battery.

he's a rapist fam.

Lex Luger is kind of a pioneer for todays sound, he will never get his credit though. Unfortunately for him he was a 24/7 junkie that didn’t network right and let miss deb control his career, otherwise he would’ve been there right along with southside, metro, etc etc for that run they had.

On June 26, 2003, Mystikal pleaded guilty to sexual battery and extortion. On January 15, 2004, Mystikal was sentenced to six years in state prison after pleading guilty to forcing his hairstylist to perform sex acts. The rapper and two bodyguards forced the woman to perform oral sex, and accused her of stealing $80,000 in checks. As part of a plea bargain, all three pleaded guilty. Mystikal initially claimed that the incident was consensual, but a videotape of the incident was later found at his home shortly after the charges were made. Negotiations during the trial held the videotape from being entered as evidence and Mystikal agreed to the plea bargain offered by the prosecution, avoiding the mandatory life sentence for sexual battery in Louisiana and expecting to receive probation. However, the case took a twist when the judge viewed the videotape at the sentencing, took into account Mystikal's two prior arrests (for drug and gun possession), and had him remanded into custody to begin serving a six-year sentence immediately. Mystikal's bodyguards, Leland Ellis and Vercy Carter, also pleaded guilty to sexual battery.

he's a rapist fam.

I knew about him pleading guilty and video tape...And that's always an iffy situation but didn't know it was in his home...

I wonder what the judge saw for them to sentence him so lightly???

I knew about him pleading guilty and video tape...And that's always an iffy situation but didn't know it was in his home...

I wonder what the judge saw for them to sentence him so lightly???

if there was a video and it didn't get him off what could be "iffy" ? that means the video showed a rape

He claimed it was consensual until the video showed up

then thought it in his best interest to plead out

he was supposed to get probation until the judge viewed the video and decide he should serve prison time for what was on the video

sounds like a rapist bro

not to mention he's back in trouble for the same type of **** as we speak

Same with Luda IMO, around 2006 ‘Release Therapy’, complete switch up, didn’t have that same swag still put out decent stuff though
Was just thinking of Luda as well. When Southern Hospitality hit this guy could do no wrong. Some of the most unique rappers until they changed up in the late 2000s. Then you got "Parade...Macy's" :lol:

OG Busta has some of the greatest flows and delivery. He was in my top ten until he cut his hair, somehow it went downhill from there smh

Who else could pull off that hook and video for as I come back? Literally just grunting on the hook and sitting in the car the whole video :lol:

Lex Luger is kind of a pioneer for todays sound, he will never get his credit though. Unfortunately for him he was a 24/7 junkie that didn’t network right and let miss deb control his career, otherwise he would’ve been there right along with southside, metro, etc etc for that run they had.

I agree with you on everything except the “kind of.”

Lex was at the forefront of all this ****.

Thinking back to that timeframe right before we saw the huge shift to heavy trap 808s, we had the “futuristic” wave going.

BMF, Hard in the Paint, those songs were the front runners that brought the heavy trap **** in.

But, like you said, that junkie **** got the best of him. If you weren’t around for that time to feel that impact, you probably wouldn’t think twice to mention Lex Luger. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom