Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I noticed Tommy Boy stuff started popping up on Youtube.

I guess they want their money from what they paid Warner Bros for the music. The people in charge probably aren't even knowledgeable about De La's music to realize how many samples are on De La's first three albums and how expensive it can get when the artist come after them.

I saw their interview with Sway was titled "De la still getting robbed by tommy boy" ain't listened to it yet though.

Fam a homophobe but attracted to ****s

tenor (2).gif

I noticed Tommy Boy stuff started popping up on Youtube.

I guess they want their money from what they paid Warner Bros for the music. The people in charge probably aren't even knowledgeable about De La's music to realize how many samples are on De La's first three albums and how expensive it can get when the artist come after them.

honestly
i dont feel sorry for them
folks gotta know what they signing
dont just sign anything
i dont feel no sympathy for them

honestly
dont just sign anything

People take this stance so callously why are people so pro capitalism for no reason?

In theory, yes, but when you broke, young, all you see in the other direction is your peoples breaking their back everyday, unhappy... and this is a pre-internet era (and people still get got today) is it really that hard to empathize why they and many other acts from the time period made the decisions they did?

Everyone wasn't a dope dealer like P to really know how to hustle.

I think that if fans weren't so quick to **** ride these labels and be like "read what you sign" and instead it was more of "Universal/Sony/etc. we straight on you until De La Soul gets their **** straight. Artists too. A lot of the problems black people complain about could be solved if people put their personal opinions or stances to the side to make bigger financial statements.

Post Freeform Dreads Hov >>>

i feel like dude finna show out these next few years.

People take this stance so callously why are people so pro capitalism for no reason?

In theory, yes, but when you broke, young, all you see in the other direction is your peoples breaking their back everyday, unhappy... and this is a pre-internet era (and people still get got today) is it really that hard to empathize why they and many other acts from the time period made the decisions they did?

I think that if fans weren't so quick to **** ride these labels and be like "read what you sign" and instead it was more of "Universal/Sony/etc. we straight on you until De La Soul gets their **** straight. Artists too. A lot of the problems black people complain about could be solved if people put their personal opinions or stances to the side to make bigger financial statements.

I’m not d riding the label
But that’s why again
U don’t just sign some ****
And ok we can say they were young broke blah blah blah
Well sometimes on some real ****
U gotta charge it to the game
They could still get a bag
Hell I got physicals of their album
So I don’t care about if it’s available for stream
Hell do u even have their physical albums

I hate seeing any artist not own their masters and publishing. They shouldn’t even be allowed to get robbed of it. They should just own it.

GOAT performer.

Jay is one of the worst shows I’ve been to and I’ve seen him three times unfortunately

Labels were doing that BEFORE hip hop. Literally since the inception of labels in the 1930s and 1940s. It’s that “sharecropper” mindset. I’ll let you grow crops and even inhabit my land, but you’ve got to pay me.

I grew up with a lot of people who frowned upon education or READING, and comprehension. You’re pretty much asking to get finessed. What makes you think nawghtyhare nawghtyhare is pro capitalism? Nah, he’s pro “learn how to read, comprehend, and educate yourself”.

Folks want to be ratchet, hood, ghetto, ignorant, and illiterate... until they realize they’re getting took for money :lol: :rofl: :lol:

If we as black folks stop frowning upon education, we would not be here. Stop pointing fingers and be accountable. You will not progress, if you’re never accountable for your actions.

And now you want bigger financial statements (pretty much insinuating that folks should beg for monetary assistance) when people like Jay-Z have been a preaching about balancing your finances for DECADES?? But on the flipside, you got dudes getting sensitive about dude making a joke about, the “money phone” trend? Why even bother helping these kind of people?

It’s either hustle or get hustled

So is Young Thug...

:lol:

I forgot about this song.

honestly
dont just sign anything

De La were legit in high school when they signed. When you did it for the love and you didn't think it was going to be a career or something you could grow rich from. It's very different from someone now with the information out there and readily available. Plus they have people who have giving their stories. Who could actually guide them, if they didn't look at them as old washed haters. Now I don't feel sorry for you. Blueface being under Cash Money.

GOAT performer.

Naw b

Jay is one of the worst shows I’ve been to and I’ve seen him three times unfortunately

Two extremes. Far from bad, and pretty good, because his catalog is so vast and he has so many hits.

So is Young Thug...

A friend of mine did one of Thug's magazine photography...She said that Thugga said "he's asexual." :lol:

She also said that Quavo is the worst artist she ever worked with. He's so foul, an ******* and acts all high mighty. :lol: Offset kept apologizing for him. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom