Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think he meant GZA, either way I was never a fan of that "lyrical/miracle" terminology when it came to hip-hop. Feels like your being criticized for being nice as **** on the mic.

lyrical miracle always meant focus on lyrics and depth of word choice

“You use to be my dawg, you was in my left titty (pause)”

We ain’t homies no more... that song is a masterpiece.

Frankie Beverly, Jeffrey Osborne, Teddy Pendergast or Eddie Levert... I’d love to have one of their singing voices

Frankie is not the same...They're having to slow the music down so he can reach his pitch..

I did a Gala last year and Jeffery Osborne was the headliner...Bruh, he songs the same...

The prior year when I had Eddie Sr. perform...he was overcoming a cold (he did all his songs but ....) I can't give a true judgement on that. :lol:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Side note, my mother was supposed to be the next Whitney Houston...She was offer a contract twice in her life, once when she was 14 and again when she was 18 but was pregnant with me. :lol:

FDB810DC-190D-439D-BF2A-11737A6D4AA7.gif

There are people that say stuff like "I don't want to hear lyrical/miracal rappers".

It's the other extreme of "all todays rappers are trash mumble rappers.

I mean a lot of people listen to music to be entertained and/or to dance and a lot of lyrical dudes just want to show off their lyrical prowess and that can be less entertaining.

I only consider a few people lyrical miracle rappers. Em, Canibus, GZA. You don’t really see it like you used to, though.

Doesn’t even matter if the line really makes sense, long as you got like 8 compound syllable rhymes in that joint and a reference to the ozone layer or earth’s atmosphere changing when you spit or some nonsense.

Jay Elec be toeing the line sometimes.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom