Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Some of these guys fought tooth and nail to argue that homie isn't a "top tier" rapper. You know good and well they're not about to admit DS2 is a classic (although it is)
Tangible proof like the influx of people buying Gucci flip flops after July of 2015 off the strength of the intro to the album alone or do we need to dig deeper?

Ppl be fronting like crazy :lol:. It checks off all the marks of a classic album. Longevity? Check. Sales? Check. Bangers? Check. Quality? Check. Impact on the genre....Check.

**** changed the entire landscape and sound of music.

Nobody was copping Metro Boomin beats other than low level trap artist, and ***** that had an ear. Only trap artist were ***** with Zay.....Now, Hov is :lol:. 808 Mafia and its signature sirens became an earmark.

While Monster, 56 Nights and Beast Mode were slightly better...they weren't "albums". Ds2 was a culmination, and victory lap of those projects.

lets slow down lol metro and 808 were both two of the hottest producers out if you listen to that atlanta scene which most people in touch w whats going on have been doing so for the entire decade

lets slow down lol metro and 808 were both two of the hottest producers out if you listen to that atlanta scene which most people in touch w whats going on have been doing so for the entire decade

Most ppl in touch is really a niche man. You gotta realize that Metro and them are producing multiple top 5 hits on the billboard. These are national hits that go beyond "those in the know".

Last edited:
Yeah I peeped that episode of TBI also and couldn't tell if dudes were being serious or not with that EDS critique. If it wasn't facetious talk, they were straight hating. :lol:

Last edited:
Nah you could feel the Salt in their voices as they tried to laugh it off.

Smells like more podcast beef on the way.

I would say a feud would be brewing if both Joe and CTG didn't mention having spoken to one another on the phone and similar sentiments being expressed.

But. I'm in to hear Joe spazzing and Rory condescendingly go against Schulzy in the battle of the white boys. :lol:

Most ppl in touch is really a niche man. You gotta realize that Metro and them are producing multiple top 5 hits on the billboard. These are national hits that go beyond "those in the know".

It's crazy how seamlessly they go from producing songs for Alley Boy and Bo Deal, to having the leading sound on the charts

It's crazy how seamlessly they go from producing songs for Alley Boy and Bo Deal, to having the leading sound on the charts

Exactly. I ain't heard a Bo Deal reference in some years :lol:

They still give beats to Quicktrip, Mexico Ran, Hoodrich Pablo Juan, Jose Guapo, Strapdafool.....then turn around and top the charts :lol:.

**** is crazy.

Joe budden is the type to shoot himself in the foot. Akademiks needs to grow some balls and not let hip hop punching bag spit his breakfast in his face.

They are low key hating on the show in that video up there and Ak is the easy target so they gang on him. Maybe I haven't watched enough of the Struggle, but what in-fighting were they referring to? Both Budden and Ak go at each other, but it doesn't seem to both either.

Nah. It bothers Akademiks. Dude did an hour long video ranting about the show and how Joe treats him via his YouTube. Son was drunk as hell off the Henny and kept letting people know he's "gonna keep it a hunnid" at least 8 times in the 5 mins of the vid I could sit through. Joe, on the other hand, really doesn't care.

Ppl be fronting like crazy :lol:. It checks off all the marks of a classic album. Longevity? Check. Sales? Check. Bangers? Check. Quality? Check. Impact on the genre....Check.

**** changed the entire landscape and sound of music.

Nobody was copping Metro Boomin beats other than low level trap artist, and ***** that had an ear. Only trap artist were ***** with Zay.....Now, Hov is :lol:. 808 Mafia and its signature sirens became an earmark.

While Monster, 56 Nights and Beast Mode were slightly better...they weren't "albums". Ds2 was a culmination, and victory lap of those projects.

Just like Akademiks :lol:

You thinking that album is classic says something about you and current popular music.

Oh dang, I hope he can get to a place where it doesn't bother him (Ak) as I think this thing can flourish. Some guest appearances here and there to disperse the heat.

And Wale a burger. Saw his rant as he was walking down the street in his feels.

your personal opinions on rap's current state aside ds2 is one of the most impactful projects of the decade as far as how hard it hit when it dropped

the Kobe/Jordan 3/4/5 peat memes, Gucci flip flops and that saying becoming a thing, Metro becoming the it guy and overall, it just cemented the run future was on since Monster came out...and it lowkey began his current streak of dominance where he's the biggest act not named Drake/Kendrick/Cole and he forced himself into that convo with his efforts since 14

There are your personal classics and then there are albums that you just have to objectively say this was a big moment

Last edited:
your personal opinions on rap's current state aside ds2 is one of the most impactful projects of the decade as far as how hard it hit when it dropped

the Kobe/Jordan 3/4/5 peat memes, Gucci flip flops and that saying becoming a thing, Metro becoming the it guy and overall, it just cemented the run future was on since Monster came out...and it lowkey began his current streak of dominance where he's the biggest act not named Drake/Kendrick/Cole and he forced himself into that convo with his efforts since 14

There are your personal classics and then there are albums that you just have to objectively say this was a big moment

Using gucci flip flops as a reason it's classic :lol:

what a time put metro on the map more than ds2 did
I'd  say he became a household name with FSMH but in the music industry, things come out long after they are created so I wouldn't be surprised if Ye tapped him only after DS2 

i remember how dope it felt to hear that tag for the first time on the TLOP MSG show stream...so unexpected

Also, does WATTBA happen without DS2? Not in the sense of the songs being recorded because I'm sure there have been plenty of times since 2011 where Drake and Future had more than 10 unreleased songs at a time to drop

I'm talking about Drake specifically choosing to make his first (only?) collabo project w/ Future...does that happen if DS2 doesn't hit as hard as it does...

Y'all sleeping on how many joints on there are hits as far as ppl going crazy when you drop them in the cliub.

Off the strength of JUMPMAN? The only track on that album that got "worked"? Come on fam. :lol:

It's as if it pains people to give Future the credit he deserves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom