Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wavez is Ak now it makes sense why he defended cuz so hard
If Ak is like wavez... then you mfs were right along 
laugh.gif

I skip 3-4 songs on MBDTF but it's my favorite Kanye album. I also hated the Good Friday BS. A lot of songs came out way too early and he ****** it up. Gorgeous and Blame Game are the two I skip, think there's another.

My Brazy Life is a classic. That album made me feel like it was 95 again. I don't skip any songs.

Still Brazy had a lot of missed on it. I could easily skip 5-6 songs. I was disappointed but I still copped the album.

Last edited:
didnt watch yet but i hope charlamagne not on no hating ****

i actually think this would be a hit on television if they added charlemagne and had a new guest everyday

bc everyday struggle has lowkey slowed down tbc's momentum...im sure the ratings are still there but ES has kinda replaced what TBC offered to the cutlure

Last edited:
Get rid of Nebraska, swap out Ak with Charlamagne and that show is serious.

Don't ever want to see Future mentioned with classic. FOH with that ********.

Nah, Joe and Charlemagne don't agree on a lot of ****. We've seen it on the breakfast club and they've had their issues. They're both smart, offensive and outspoken. It would be perfect.

i'd say Ak, Charlemagne and Joe

Charlemagne is the unbiased shock value industry commentator perspective

Joe is the former artist who has the appreciation for the culture

Ak is the younger social media hip hop fan

put scottie beam fine *** on there to moderate and u got some fire

i dont even know what channel it would go on tho no one has music programming anymore lol

Last edited:
They're also both in their mid-late 30s. 

Charlemagne isn't going to be the voice for the "young" perspective of hip-hop...and that's why Akademiks is there. 

i dont even know what channel it would go on tho no one has music programming anymore lol

I could rock w this

Revolt lol

Monster is a classic

Had to correct myself [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
56 nights is better than monster tho. March madness, trap ******, and 56 nights are one of the greatest trio of songs to end a tape.

56 Nights was perfect front to back.

Monster has skippable tracks but it also has some of the greatest tracks in his catalog

Introspective Future >

It being short is what helps its cohesiveness

Monster is my favorite project. But I do skip that track with Wayne every time.

We ready to talk about Ds2 being a new classic...or nah :nerd: :nerd:

Some of these guys fought tooth and nail to argue that homie isn't a "top tier" rapper. You know good and well they're not about to admit DS2 is a classic (although it is)

How do we quantify what a classic is versus a cult classic? 

Like how do we differentiate what the majority of all listeners is from an artist's dedicated fanbase?

Cause I'd argue that DS2 is a cult classic but what could you point to as tangible proof that it's just a classic in general? 

Tangible proof like the influx of people buying Gucci flip flops after July of 2015 off the strength of the intro to the album alone or do we need to dig deeper?

How do you all feel about The Album About Nothing? Imo that was the best album of 2015, and it's a personal classic for me. Been out for two years and I still listen to it front to back. Or is the disdain for Wale too strong for people to admit he came with it on that joint?

Back
Top Bottom