Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Is Aubrey really a rapper tho? Son got songs where he doesn’t rap 1 lyric, some of which are his biggest hits. Ole light skin Bryson tiller type *** *****

You do realize Future put out more mu

What does that have to do with anything? You can put out 15 albums in a year doesn't mean people will listen.

At the end of the day, he's being listened to more than any artist not named Drake. This has nothing to do with who is more talented or who has the better body of work. What are you going by to call Kendrick more successful? Either way they are both dark skinned, which kills your argument.

What does that have to do with anything? You can put out 15 albums in a year doesn't mean people will listen.

At the end of the day, he's being listened to more than any artist not named Drake. This has nothing to do with who is more talented or who has the better body of work. What are you going by to call Kendrick more successful? Either way they are both dark skinned, which kills your argument.

It means that one person is going to be more streamed when they released three projects and the other only released one.

Chris Brown is probably streamed more than Miguel, but he released 40 something songs.

The way you're trying to determine who is more popular doesn't make sense.

Going down in Dtown tonite..wish i could be dere
Screenshot_2018-05-04-15-10-341.png

Still bumping Cole project... joint is too good. 1985 just ran...

"these white kids love that you dont give a __, cuz thats exactly whats expected when ya skin black"

"They wanna see you dab, they wanna see you pop a pill, they wanna see you tatted from your face to your heels... and somewhere deep down eff it I gotta keep it real, they wanna be black and think your song is how it feels"

But Wale is reaching.... cuz Kendrick is number 2 on the list between Drake and Cole. and then we proceed to name fifty-two hundred "dark" rappers that popped doing exactly whats mentioned above and act like Wale, Krit, Joey is in that same lane and discredit his statement? |l

1. Roll call of Dark skinned "semi conscious" rappers that became Stars since 2003... :ohwell:
2. Roast session in any hood is calling Kendrick black tar baby, burnt toast, black sharpie with braids? :lol:

latest

White kids are the biggest consumers of our music and they tell us what they want to hear from us.
Black kids are the most influenced by our music and these labels and media outlets show us what they want from us.

But yeah any dark skin rapper can be "successful", but at what cost? What product does he have to sell? :smh:

Still bumping Cole project... joint is too good. 1985 just ran...

"these white kids love that you dont give a __, cuz thats exactly whats expected when ya skin black"

"They wanna see you dab, they wanna see you pop a pill, they wanna see you tatted from your face to your heels... and somewhere deep down eff it I gotta keep it real, they wanna be black and think your song is how it feels"

But Wale is reaching.... cuz Kendrick is number 2 on the list between Drake and Cole. and then we proceed to name fifty-two hundred "dark" rappers that popped doing exactly whats mentioned above and act like Wale, Krit, Joey is in that same lane and discredit his statement? |l

1. Roll call of Dark skinned "semi conscious" rappers that became Stars since 2003... :ohwell:
2. Roast session in any hood is calling Kendrick black tar baby, burnt toast, black sharpie with braids? :lol:

latest

White kids are the biggest consumers of our music and they tell us what they want to hear from us.
Black kids are the most influenced by our music and these labels and media outlets show us what they want from us.

But yeah any dark skin rapper can be "successful", but at what cost? What product does he have to sell? :smh:

How many Top rappers have their been making that kind of Music Period, Ain't like Common was out here Burning down the charts. Colorism In Male hiphop ain't a thing man. Wale been trying to find every way possible to excuse why he's not mentioned with the Drake/Kendrick/Cole of the world, he does it constantly But stooping to using colorism is wild.

I remember when these were the 3 that were projected up next

D4571742-2567-4E98-B1C4-4DD09DE37F1E.jpeg

Then Cole and Kendrick happened

Colorism In Male hiphop ain't a thing man.

I still gotta disagree man. Like I said Cole himself has acknowledged this in reference to how it benefited his own career.

If Logic was darker and actually looked more black his career is going a different way.

I still gotta disagree man. Like I said Cole himself has acknowledged this in reference to how it benefited his own career.

If Logic was darker and actually looked more black his career is going a different way.

Idk Cole's reasoning behind that and maybe it has helped in his individual career but that is Not the norm in this industry. Wale being Wale is what has stopped him from reaching the plateau he wants.

Logic is a bit different because the whole element of whiteness is there.... with that said It's very possible that he would be "respected" more if he wasn't that color.

Outside of that we could name 3 successful darker colored rappers for every lightskin one. There's Drake, Cole......... Then who else. And the argument that someone made of them having to make a certain kind of music to be hot is Skewed.

95% of rappers who are semi-conscious don't reach the Plateau Cole is at ESPECIALLY in the past 10 years. Only guys who've done that in recent times were Kanye, Kendrick, Cole. That ain't exactly a easy task to do.

Back
Top Bottom