Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

And Wale has issues, he's dark and African. I've never experienced that, but he's not the only one who has said it.

He's been saying it from day one, how he's been treated as dark skin black man/african in this country.

I think he took it to heart when he got called out for having light girls in his video, because he's dark. So he's gone out of his way to provide that other spectrum. And he still didn't get acknowledged or praised for it.

He put out this

It doesn't even have 500,000 views. Drake puts out a song, and it becomes some sort of woman anthem.

Part of it's the messenger, but that's not the lone factor

So J Cole was wrong?

tumblr_m6cbcwMlST1r7oi35.gif

So your "opinion" is fact then?

No . IMO that’s wrong , I’m not passing my opinion as fact.

You keep saying “well why does J Cole think that , but j cole said this , j cole said that” like dude that’s his opinion

I get Its his opinion on himself , but you keep acting like it’s fact and the end all be all of the argument . It’s not .

Thanks for posting the guy who lightened his skin, changed his nose and hair texture

Now was Mike bigger in the 70's or 80's
That's why I posted him. :lol:

Y'all got it though. It's rough in hip hop for darkskin _'s who don't come from Kanye or Dre or don't make trap and Wale level of dark but not Wale.

No . IMO that’s wrong , I’m not passing my opinion as fact.

You keep saying “well why does J Cole think that , but j cole said this , j cole said that” like dude that’s his opinion

I get Its his opinion on himself , but you keep acting like it’s fact and the end all be all of the argument . It’s not .

The light skin guy in the music business says it helps. The dark skin guy in the music business says it helps.

It helps in damn near every avenue of Amerikkka, meanwhile you dudes dismiss it.

Practically every Darker skin rapper selling records is selling you dope drugging you and killing you except two? But it’s just all coincidence lol?

When most lil black kids see rappers that look like them.... what the rapper rapping about? Especially down south?

What’s even funnier is the most successful trap rapper ever was light skin and crossed over.

How is this not obvious??? Goal posts? Look at the freaking field man... look at the field.

Practically every Darker skin rapper selling records is selling you dope drugging you and killing you except two? But it’s just all coincidence lol?

When most lil black kids see rappers that look like them.... what the rapper rapping about? Especially down south?

What’s even funnier is the most successful trap rapper ever was light skin and crossed over.

How is this not obvious??? Goal posts? Look at the freaking field man... look at the field.

Practically every popular rapper period is selling drugs , taking drugs or killing you.

It’s cause the content of the music is what the consumer mostly wants to hear . That fantasy world they not a part of.

Not cause of the color .

Also can argue jeezy is the most successful trapper

wale looks pitiful right now

one of the greatest rappers of all time is “fat, black and ugly as ever”

he actig like he a r&b singer in more ways than one

Is Tyler successful amongst black ppl? I’m honestly asking because I’m not in his demo. Isn’t he like alternative alternative rap? What’s his content? Is rocky really successful off music? He doesn’t even tour... and isn’t he heavy into the white fashion community as well. He has no message. Wiz is successful... he selling a lifestyle which is drugs.

Back
Top Bottom