Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nobody is saying that it isn't possible to be successful and popular if you aren't light.

Being light helps.

You're in denial if you don't think that helps.

Just like being light has helped Alicia Keys and Beyonce

Black women say the same thing, about it's easier being Halle Berry or Paula Patton. It's easier for light skin models.

Hell New York has strip clubs full of light skin hispanic women with long hair.

“White people feel less threatened” :rofl::rofl:

Go get a mop bucket, and finish cleaning Uncle Tom’s cabin while you’re at it

Why do you always interject when adults are talking?

Adult conversations aren't meant for you. Stick to discussing wack rappers.

Nobody is saying that it isn't possible to be successful and popular if you aren't light.

Being light helps.

Black women say the same thing, about it's easier being Halle Berry or Paula Patton. It's easier for light skin models.

That’s fine and dandy bruh... but does that make them any better? Sound like you dating insecure women.

Newsflash... ALL WOMEN ARE INSECURE. I don’t care if their as white as cocaine, or darker than tar.

Bruh, Iggy Azaela use to be a homeless vagabond/drifter... that color don’t mean anything. She may be popular now but still, despite being pale as hell, she was homeless...

Being light helps.

I agree in film cuz it's easier for higher ups to decide who gets what role and who doesn't. In music? No. You don't need a higher up to decide if your music gets heard. It's too many examples that kills that. Especially in hip hop.

Your mama and daddy raised a self hating nincompoop. Blame them for raising you in that household
Bruh you gotta relax.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Goal post being moved like crazy . Rap is rap . Probably 8/10 top rappers have dark skin .

You guys keep adding different criteria to make the scope so small that it has to fit your naraative.

“Can’t mention drugs , be a “pretty boy” , has to be 3 shades darker than Kendrick and from Mississippi” ... like cmon lmaooo

Not to mention dark skin ****** been “in style” for the past few years now.

Being light helps.

If you wanna move the arguement to women entertainers then i will agree with you. I just don't agree with it affecting rappers.

I will take yours to bruh. You ain’t said nothing but a word. Try me, I’m gone try you.

You're a dimwitted internet troll who can't have mature conversations, because you lack maturity. Keep playing with children and people on your intelligence level.

The irony is that you mentioned how someones parents raised them, but you embarrass your parents nearly every time you post up here. You're a man child. A little boy mentally.

That's why you aren't involved in any discussion of significance on this board.

You are this sections version of Lil Yachty.

That loser conforms to white ideologies, but he wanna take lives.

He ain’t even comfortable in his own skin :lol::lol:

Phuckoutta here, Powder. Let that lightning strike you

Goal post being moved like crazy . Rap is rap . Probably 8/10 top rappers have dark skin .

You guys keep adding different criteria to make the scope so small that it has to fit your naraative.

“Can’t mention drugs , be a “pretty boy” , has to be 3 shades darker than Kendrick and from Mississippi” ... like cmon lmaooo

Not to mention dark skin *****s been “in style” for the past few years now.

What dark skin men are in style?

You're a dimwitted internet troll who can't have mature conversations, because you lack maturity. Keep playing with children and people on your intelligence level.

The irony is that you mentioned how someones parents raised them, but you embarrass your parents nearly every time you post up here. You're a man child. A little boy mentally.

That's why you aren't involved in any discussion of significance on this board.

You are this sections version of Lil Yachty.

My old girl forever straight. :rofl::rofl:

She wake up every day knowing she ain’t raise no FOLLOWER.

You got raised by two people, and they both failed you

My old girl forever straight. :rofl::rofl:

She wake up every day knowing she ain’t raise no FOLLOWER.

You got raised by two people, and they both failed you

Kid, what do you do for your people? But troll the internet?

I'm the dude with Trayvon Martin as his avatar, why do think that is little boy?

Ohhh snap!! Things escalated lol!

Imma dead my spill tho because y’all arent recognizing the nuance of this particular discussion. Naming successful dark skin rappers without genre implications is not the answer. Naming Kendrick as the “dark-skin” rapper is not the answer.

Continue to deny it. Wale had a point but again he is too flawed to be the poster child.

https://www.bet.com/news/music/2013...-not-be-as-successful-if-i-was-dark-skin.html

You’ve talked about including dark-skinned women in your music videos versus all light-skinned women. The light-skinned, dark-skinned issue certainly affects women in hip hop; does it affect men in hip hop?

I can’t say it for sure but I just think we’re still in America. We’re still Black Americans. Those mental chains are still in us. That brainwashing that tells us that light skin is better, it’s subconsciously in us, whether we know it or not… still pursuing light skin women. There are some women out there that are like, “I don’t even like light skin men” and that’s fine. But Barack Obama would not be President if he were dark skin. You know what I mean? That’s just the truth. I might not be as successful as I am now if I was dark skin. I’m not saying that for sure, I’m still as talented as I am and Obama is still as smart as he is, but it’s just a sad truth… I don’t even know if this is going to translate well into text and people not hearing what I’m saying, but it’s a sad reality. So I can only naturally assume it’s probably easier for a light skin male rapper than it might be for a dark skin male rapper. It’s all subconscious s***, nobody’s aware — I think that s*** still subconsciously affects us.

Kid, what do you do for your people? But troll the internet?

I'm the dude with Trayvon Martin as his avatar, why do think that is little boy?

I grew up in South Florida. Yea, same place as Trayvon and Zimmerman. All the boys and girls in my family adore and admire me. Because I carry myself like a man. And they know not to put anyone above them.

I’m an excellent role model for my people. I walk around with my chest poked out, and head high. Because I ain’t never felt inferior to anyone. I got the gift of gab and a wealth of knowledge.

Goal post being moved like crazy.

Breh this convo is about Rappers and they're in her bringing up female actors, female entertainers, and even presidents :smh:

Then gon say it ain't been no dark rapper on that level since kanye and Kendrick Lamar don't count :lol:

Does lil Wayne not count either? He ran rap from like 07-10

Ohhh snap!! Things escalated lol!

Imma dead my spill tho because y’all arent recognizing the nuance of this particular discussion. Naming successful dark skin rappers without genre implications is not the answer. Naming Kendrick as the “dark-skin” rapper is not the answer.

Continue to deny it. Wale had a point but again he is too flawed to be the poster child.

Some people can't handle the discussion.

That's why it's funny, because actual discussions always get reduced. That's why I asked @tyisny what discussions was Kanye causing. He couldn't even expand on his own thoughts thoroughly. The discussion was and is Kanye, and that's the way he wanted it.

If you're going to talk about slavery you have to talk about the affects of slavery, and that's why light skin blacks were in the house and the darker ones were in the field. You have to acknowledge it to change things.

Back
Top Bottom