Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So do darkskin singers.

I’m not saying dark skinned artists have no success, I think being light helps. I was hearing about J Cole from women all the time when he first got on.

Biggest artist is light *** Beyoncé and people said she was getting treatment to make herself lighter.

I’m not saying dark skinned artists have no success, I think being light helps. I was hearing about J Cole from women all the time when he first got on.

Biggest artist is light *** Beyoncé and people said she was getting treatment to make herself lighter.

Beyonce is also super talented. She's been the same complexion from day 1. :lol:

Whitney Houston was just as big as Beyonce.

This conversation is mainly for outside of music.

Michael Jackson was dark until 1987... biggest star EVER

Denzel Washington was dark... he was one of the most popular black male heartthrob in the 90s...

Y’all and this coloration stuff... and judging men, sound like ‘omos :rofl:

Women like MEN if you carry yourself like a man, and got a mean rap/talk game/mouthpiece, you can get a woman.

Y’all complicating this nonsense

Lmaooo grimey said you self hating negros need to man up :smh: :smh: don’t blame the light skin *****s for ya lack of game

Lol, I ain’t eem lightskin but, I been snatching these lambs since I was a wee little jit.

Women like humor/confidence/charisma. All them extracurriculars don’t mean nothing. A woman can tell what you about, right off the bat

Too $hort was one the biggest pimps and misogynistic rappers ever. And buddy teeth was jacked up :lol::lol:

Your best post ever :lol:

Everybody in here needs to play the lotto tonight :lol

It's true though as far as the whole confidence thing. It radiates whether you have it or don't, and people in general feel that lack of confidence and heightened sensitivity from Wale.

Y’all boys in denial lol... and it’s surprising.

Have yet to see a valid rebuttal to the colorism claim. Maybe y’all not thinking of the label head or media perspective or sumtin?

We talking rappers and I would say specifically those that are under the Kanye style, everyday regular guy umbrella. Bringing up dark skin male singers and actors is not relevant to the discussion.

It’s plenty of country for rappers to be successful talking about the expected ills of the hood. But since kanye fathered this new era... only successful ones to reach that upper echelon been either standing right next to him or light skin. I don’t think that’s coincidental. Or are light skins just able to make better music in this style?

Drake is the definition of corny. You can't tell me that him being light hasn't helped his career. Imagine if it were Meek on the 76ers sidelines arguing with Marcus Morris

Cole doesn't even go out of his way to make radio or female songs, yet he has a big female fan base. He doesn't even really do press either.

Beyonce is also super talented. She's been the same complexion from day 1. :lol:

Whitney Houston was just as big as Beyonce.

This conversation is mainly for outside of music.

Whitney Houston wasn't dark, neither was big nosed Michael Jackson. They were brown.

Wale is dark.

Have yet to see a valid rebuttal to the colorism claim. Maybe y’all not thinking of the label head or media perspective or sumtin?

We talking rappers and I would say specifically those that are under the Kanye style, everyday regular guy umbrella. Bringing up dark skin male singers and actors is not relevant to the discussion.

It’s plenty of country for rappers to be successful talking about the expected ills of the hood. But since kanye fathered this new era... only successful ones to reach that upper echelon been either standing right next to him or light skin. I don’t think that’s coincidental. Or are light skins just able to make better music in this style?

Kanye became mainstream in 2003, with your logic, who have been the biggest rappers, since 2003?

Drake is the definition of corny. You can't tell me that him being light hasn't helped his career. Imagine if it were Meek on the 76ers sidelines arguing with Marcus Morris

Cole doesn't even go out of his way to make radio or female songs, yet he has a big female fan base. He doesn't even really do press either.

Whitney Houston wasn't dark, neither was big nosed Michael Jackson. They were brown.

Wale is dark.

So, now we’re using 3 hues? Light, medium, and dark? :rofl::rofl:

Y’all FUNNY

Regarding your last paragraph

giphy.gif

Joe Budden was light, Bow Wow (as an adult) can’t even get recognized for his music. Juelz Santana solo career FLOPPED, this list goes on...

Jay-Z lightskinned... he a heartthrob though :rofl::rofl:

Y’all might make an excuse and say he a “dirty red” though so, we making new categories

Yes, black people come in hues, we aren't all just black.

White people are less threatened by lighter skinned black people. This is a fact.

So you care about what these white folks think? They dictate your existence? :rofl::rofl:

You seeking white acceptance

Y'all can't keep moving the goalpost when we are giving you plenty of darkskin successful people. It's just going in circles. "Well they make trap" "Well Kendrick is with Dre" "Well they ain't really darkskin". :lol:

Now y'all tryna define what's darkskin. :lol:Does Lauren Hill qualify? Luther Vandross? James Brown? Stevie? You don't have to be Wale's complexion to be darkskin.

“White people feel less threatened” :rofl::rofl:

Go get a mop bucket, and finish cleaning Uncle Tom’s cabin while you’re at it

Back
Top Bottom