Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Lol ok goals post are moving with Tyler? I excluded asap in the original convo when this all started cuz I said he couldn’t rap and had no message tho. But if you wanna say I’m moving goal posts with Tyler than cool... I don’t know his music so maybe he is rapper that the black community loves and supports.

Is Tyler successful amongst black ppl? I’m honestly asking because I’m not in his demo. Isn’t he like alternative alternative rap? What’s his content? Is rocky really successful off music? He doesn’t even tour... and isn’t he heavy into the white fashion community as well. He has no message. Wiz is successful... he selling a lifestyle which is drugs.

there are so many type of black peoole you cant even say yes or no.

chicks who will sing along to every young dolph money bagg yo and key glock song in the club but will be bumping tyler kali uchis jorja when hey study.

wale looks pitiful right now

one of the greatest rappers of all time is “fat, black and ugly as ever”

he actig like he a r&b singer in more ways than one

Wale's statement is the biggest reach I've seen in a minute. Being dark skinned has nothing to do with it, Kendrick is literally the second biggest rap artist out. Kanye, Wayne, Wiz, Future are some of the best selling/streamed artists in any genre. In fact, Drake and J Cole are the exceptions not the rule in rap, with Drake making music in multiple genres which reaches other demos outside of rap that Wale isn't reaching. So honestly the only person he's arguing is J. Cole, who is below Kendrick.

he was talkin about TIP aka bankhead shawty
As far as most successful, the second most listened to artist in the world period is Future. TI is great(imo best to ever come out the south) but I don't think there was ever a time he was the second biggest artist in the world.
If solely success is the measure, it's Drake, Future, Kendrick for top 3 in that order.

Kendrick sells more albums than future and can sell out more arenas than future, future is behind kendrick and cole

As far as most successful, the second most listened to artist in the world period is Future. If solely success is the measure, it's Drake, Future, Kendrick for top 3 in that order.
2AA4D40F-9F7B-402C-8EFD-63CCB98FD984.gif

Drake is kind of a hybrid though. Dude has tons of r&b hits without rapping one word, and has tons of hits that's half singing and half rapping.

I don't know why but karaoke is a top 5 drake song for me.

"I was only trying to get ahead" :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom