Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Quotables on quotables :pimp:. Got damn. This ***** be spitting real effortlessly :lol:

True life. Bout 3 years ago I'm on instagram and come across a video of a ***** doing 100 on the freeway.
He bumping the popular freestyle but this was before anyone really knew who he was.
I ask dude who he listening to. No response.
I musta went crazy searching for who the **** was talking that ****.
I eventually deciphered the lyrics & searched them on twitter & found out about Drakeo. :pimp:
Went down the rabbit hole and found his Soundcloud. It's been a wrap ever since.
I knew son would blow.

I wouldn't call Kanye crazy but at this point I think it's pretty clear he's been dealing with mental health issues for a min. Past his normal eccentricity. Malik Yusef was applauding him 2 years ago for not taking his bi polar/schizophrenia "or whatever they diagnosed him as" medication and then literally 5 months later he has a mental breakdown mid tour and gets hospitalized for weeks.

As far as the tweets and stuff Badu just got flamed up for saying something really similar to what Kanye is saying about Trump, independent thinking and being able to see good in everybody....except her example was Hitler :sick:.

i get the overall sentiment but I feel like a part of it is just them picking the most demonized people to prove a point. That **** kinda dumb tho because the shock of you seemingly cosigning these people is gonna overshadow whatever you tryna say :lol:

However true this may be...it's going to fall on deaf ears.

IDGAF about Kanye West or his stance on anything...but I will co-sign indepent thinking and avoiding identity politics every day of the week.

But if Kanye were being genuine and not just trolling for pub...he could have found better subjects to play that card with than Donald Trump and that conservative broad.

Kinda like if Killer Mike wanted to really advocate for gun ownership amongst blacks...maybe the NRA wasn't the best vessel to get that message out through

This is my only point, somethings he says i agree with. the delivery or how he moves i'm not with. The whole Donald Trump/ Candace whatever thing may be true on his part. However i think this is the perfect Vessel to play that card..... because the ****** been literally echoing these same statements for years. However in this Climate if people can't find outrage in the subject then it's ignored. There's might not be anything a black person can say right now that will get you more outrage & disparaging remarks, then not completely hating Trump.

This entire "Canceled" culture is ridiculous man. ****** was talkin bout get Killer Mike outta here.... meanwhile he's a ***** opening black businesses, hiring black people, educating black people & trying to build ****.

Last edited:
Leave badu, I still want my turn to clap dem cheeks

That P is probably magical, she just look like the type of chick that let it do it’s own thing, talkin bout “natural rejuvenation”

Might have to light some incense or some ****

His politics—including his support of Donald Trump—fit under the “I don’t read ****” umbrella. He’s conflating contrarianism with bravery and intellectualism. To nonreading-*** ******, people like Trump or Candace Owens are free thinkers—mavericks unafraid to challenge the status quo. But if he’d actually pick up a book (and not just any 48 Laws of Power-*** book, but the right books), he’d be aware of the danger of that type of contrarianism and aware that for people like Trump and Owens, their words aren’t about free thinking. They’re specifically and intentionally tethered to white resentment...

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.co...hat-happens-when-you-dont-read-boo-1825475113

Sums up my thoughts on Kanye and others like him.

So when you see a neo nazi you excuse it as, he's just being a independent thinker?

Technically that would be the exact opposite of independent thinking. They have a shared ideology centered around Nazism. It's a hive-mind.

Kanye's problem is he doesn't actually say ****. You can scream independent thinking all day long...but he doesn't actually give examples of HIS independent thoughts. Like if you co-sign the conservative broad and say you like how she thinks...you're gonna have to get specific and share what exactly about her thought process was attractive.

I don't think he's actually capable of doing that tho. I doubt very seriously Kanye West is up on politics like that. This is a **** show for an album roll out.

The mental gymnastics in here defending Kanye :lol:

"He's encouraging us to be free thinkers"

Thinking like Trump ain't independent either. Most of America thinks like Trump and that Candice broad. Kanye is just hiding behind that cuz he don't want people to call him on his BS. Anybody that uses that "independent thinker" phrase most likely is on some BS anyway.

Is this a publicity stunt? Or, something is really wrong with him?

Seems like he always fend towards social media when it's close to his album release.

It's 1000% a publicity stunt :lol:

Crazy people don't pick and choose when to be crazy.

It is not a co-incidence that the ***** is making waves about this...AND has an album coming out.

Yeah I kinda agree.

People had started saying something was going on w him last month before any of this stuff when he fired Izzy, who had been quietly managing him for 10+ years.

Scooter took over the rest of the duties and now a month later that _ fired too :lol:

Scooter played a huge part in getting Yeezy off the ground. I think this is partly promo partly some whole other **** going on.

Back
Top Bottom