RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Are all these guys wanting to come because it's a raise $$ for them or because they actually wanna be part of the staff in Oakland?

I trust Del Rio to find quality guys. Everyone wants to be paid, that has to be separate from the discussion of whether they are a quality addition.

Fangio apparently left Washington with no deal signed yet...No big fan of Mangini. Mike Smith apparently will not come in for an interview...

Man...I wonder what happen with Trestman...can't be worse than Olson...

Last edited:
I can give a little insight about Musgrave

he was the Eagles QB coach this year and there are rumors that he let Foles get away with too much and he wasn't focused like he was when Bill Lazor was the QB coach, Lazor is a coach who is tough on his players while Musgrave let's players get away with a lot.

I can give a little insight about Musgrave

he was the Eagles QB coach this year and there are rumors that he let Foles get away with too much and he wasn't focused like he was when Bill Lazor was the QB coach, Lazor is a coach who is tough on his players while Musgrave let's players get away with a lot.

My understanding is that Musgrave also favors RB play. I know Chip is running his offense there but do you happen to know anything about that?

My understanding is that Musgrave also favors RB play. I know Chip is running his offense there but do you happen to know anything about that?

I think they both do to be honest, I am not really sure what happened this year

Chip was more run heavy last year, I think maybe he lost faith in the o-line

Musgrave has been an OC a few times before this, I feel like any OC can be a wild card though, if Carr is the kind of player who learns from a coach who is a "player's coach" then it should work out well for both, Foles seemed to be the opposite which could have played a role in his regression this year.

Maybe Trestman said the first thing he would like do is get khalif Barnes more involved and wants to run even more screens than Olson.

Then keep McFadden as a change of pace for Murray. But only on 3rd and long plays.. And to run the draw or have dmc run straight up the gut.

Last edited:

I think they both do to be honest, I am not really sure what happened this year

Chip was more run heavy last year, I think maybe he lost faith in the o-line

Musgrave has been an OC a few times before this, I feel like any OC can be a wild card though, if Carr is the kind of player who learns from a coach who is a "player's coach" then it should work out well for both, Foles seemed to be the opposite which could have played a role in his regression this year.

Is that so with Foles? Carr certainly seems more than willing to take lessons and learn. I hope Musgrave can provide that, though I wish we made the move for Trestman.

Carr is very self motivated so the style of coaching isn't a huge issue. It's is this guy the best we could get for our QB.

Is that so with Foles? Carr certainly seems more than willing to take lessons and learn. I hope Musgrave can provide that, though I wish we made the move for Trestman.

that is the rumors, that he couldn't take someone being hard on him and he butted heads with Lazor

Carr is very self motivated so the style of coaching isn't a huge issue. It's is this guy the best we could get for our QB.

I think y'all got something real good in Carr, I am a huge fan of his

I hope it works out for the Raiders

Musgrave plays to his player's strengths much the same way Hue Jackson did for the players in Oakland. The offense will open up and perhaps we'll see a more aggressive and more potent offensive attack in the air and on the ground. I prayed for the screen pass and my prayers are being answered.

Last edited:
This isn't a hiring that inspires confidence but I'll stay back until I see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom