RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Fangio signing with Chicago. Mike Smith doesn't look like he's coming this way either. Who are the other optiond?

Seems like we are getting the 49ers old ST guy. Last year was horrible it was a miracle if we got past the 25 yard line

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19s19 seconds ago
#Raiders expected to interview former #Falcons coach Mike Smith for their defensive coordinator job, source said. Talked to Mangini today

HA.

smitty back in play. 
smokin.gif

Raiders fans,

I'm a Jaguars fan and since we seemingly just hired your old OC, Greg Olson, as our new OC, I wanted to ask your opinions. What should I expect and will he help with the development of Bortles? I know, I know, he used to be our QB coach for a year, but that was the Mularkey era, so all recollection of that season has been erased from my memory :lol:

Greg Olson is absolutely terrible and will make your team have a terrible season off his presence alone. I have no idea how he keeps on getting jobs...it seriously fascinates me. Every single team he goes to ******* sucks. I think it's just cause he seems like a cool dude to go grab a beer with. There has to be something I'm missing.

Raiders fans,

I'm a Jaguars fan and since we seemingly just hired your old OC, Greg Olson, as our new OC, I wanted to ask your opinions. What should I expect and will he help with the development of Bortles? I know, I know, he used to be our QB coach for a year, but that was the Mularkey era, so all recollection of that season has been erased from my memory :lol:

Terrible hire, that is all.

Bortles will improve with him but the offense is going to suck. He must have his interview game on lock. Adam Gase seems to be the opposite :lol:

jkballer5 jkballer5 Olson should be a QB coach imo. Not a great play caller but will help Bortles no doubt. Expect way less sacks, he'll at least tailor the play calling to get rid of the ball fast as long as BB is making the right decisions.

Greg Olson is absolutely terrible and will make your team have a terrible season off his presence alone. I have no idea how he keeps on getting jobs...it seriously fascinates me. Every single team he goes to ******* sucks. I think it's just cause he seems like a cool dude to go grab a beer with. There has to be something I'm missing.
Buc Em tried every season to warn teams. 

Week One against the Jets was just a precursor of things to come for Olson and company.  

Last edited:
Raiders fans,

I'm a Jaguars fan and since we seemingly just hired your old OC, Greg Olson, as our new OC, I wanted to ask your opinions. What should I expect and will he help with the development of Bortles? I know, I know, he used to be our QB coach for a year, but that was the Mularkey era, so all recollection of that season has been erased from my memory
laugh.gif
God bless you sir. Praying for you and your offense.

I'm amazed Olson was able to recoup on a new OC job. Simply baffling.  

Appreciate the responses guys...pretty much what I figured anyways. His one year here under Mularkey, he had Henne and Gabbert to deal with, but hopefully he, combined with Marrone as OL coach, will help reduce sacks.
Based on stats, you would think Bortles had a terrible rookie year, but watching every game, dude showed a ton of promise and poise. The OL was just a turnstile and our old OC was hard-headed and wouldn't change the scheme to allow for more quick plays and passes, which are already BB's strengths.

I like Carr for you guys too. Hope he continues to improve cause it would be awesome to see the Raiders be a factor again!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding Del Reject...Rio, I mean :lol:

Olson is just a younger Greg Knapp. Sure he's a Qb coach in Denver now...but common. A QB coach for Peyton Manning? How hard can that be? lol.

Going to miss Tarver wearing eye black on the sideline. Hoping Del Rio wears a suit once.. With an eye patch. Kind of like Number 2 in Austin Powers

View media item 1363203

Back
Top Bottom