RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

you guys think that was the last chance for a new stadium in oakland?

Wow, your post alerted me to Boston winning it.

Wow. **** Boston.

Hope we lose the bid.

And yeah, that's a huge blow to the Raiders getting a stadium. But it gives the A's a chance to stay (I know none of you care about that).

That's fine by me. It's not like the candidates now are obvious choices. Let another round of teams get knocked out and see who's available.

Yeah, I just hope its someone who can compile a good coaching staff.
That's really my only concern with the timeline, assistants slowly getting picked up.

Wow, your post alerted me to Boston winning it.

Wow. **** Boston.

Hope we lose the bid.

And yeah, that's a huge blow to the Raiders getting a stadium. But it gives the A's a chance to stay (I know none of you care about that).
TBH, I think its the A's owner Lew Wolff who making this difficult ...

Del Rio available. I'm down with him as HC. If we get him and add Suh things looking up with a possible Denver demise

pass on Del Rio and the rest of the candidates we interviewed. They all suck. Just keep Sparano.

Del Rio can built a Defense, even @ Jax his team defense were highly rank (top 6) nearly every year he was there. Plus rumor is he will snatch up Mike Smith as his DC (his former DC when at Jax). I just hope he grab a offensive mind QB guru as our OC (Mark Trestman?) to groom Carr .

And the fact he from Hayward and a Raider fan a plus

I was looking at Del Rio's Jax staff to see maybe who he would possibly bring back and found he fired a lot of assistants. Mike Smith one of the only dudes who got hired while still on staff. Current Ravens LB coach Ted Monachino could be a good look for DC, he was the D line coach in Jax though he was fired by Del Rio

I dont know if Sparano can build a better staff honestly, but he did have a guy in Miami who is now a hot commodity. Todd Bowles. Maybe he does have an eye for it?

Only thing is if you make Sparano coach and he only wins 4 games next year were back at the same place.

Last edited:
Yup main reason I don't want Tony back here hiring a new coach.
I was getting worried Trestman was going to join Rex.

Del Rio can built a Defense, even @ Jax his team defense were highly rank (top 6) nearly every year he was there. Plus rumor is he will snatch up Mike Smith as his DC (his former DC when at Jax). I just hope he grab a offensive mind QB guru as our OC (Mark Trestman?) to groom Carr .

And the fact he from Hayward and a Raider fan a plus

That's good enough for me. Seriously, just build up a defense and if he can't make it work offensively then give him someone who can or fire him and get to the next level.

Just give me something to build on.

One bright spot is Sparano did go 11-5 his first year, Chad Penningtons arm fell off the next season and so did the wins.

Maybe he can recreate the magic with Carr, need weapons tho. Reggie and Mark need to break off that 70m this season. I dont think Cobb or Dez are real options, Jerry going to make Dez one of the highest paid receivers and Cobb would be crazy to leave GB. But maybe Demaryius is tired of seeing ducks.

Sign SUH, maybe Tuck can convince JPP to sign if Giants don't offer. Read Orakpo likely to be released too.

to get more wins we meed more talent.

If Davante steps up like today they might let Cobb walk. Seems like Brian was only good for 1 year bring him in for cheap. Julius is also a FA stokton :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom