RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

I thought that Snyder was at the heart of the RG3 situation out there.

Odds on Larry Fitzgerald getting released and the Raiders picking him up?

I thought that Snyder was at the heart of the RG3 situation out there.

Odds on Larry Fitzgerald getting released and the Raiders picking him up?
I suppose there is always a bigger fish out there to make those decisions and over turn the head coach (R.I.P. Al). Regardless, I just don't like Shanny 
laugh.gif

Fitz should have been a Raider a long time ago 
mean.gif
 (Robert Gallery 
mad.gif
)

Last edited:
interesting. hard to tell if Reggie is his guy or not.

Vic TafurVerified account‏@VicTafur

It also looks as if #Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie didn't go w/ owner Mark Davis to interview Jack Del Rio this past weekend. Hmmm

Michael Silver  @MikeSilver  · 32m32 minutes ago

Mark Davis told McCloughan he was unwilling to take away McKenzie's power. This was after Davis & McC had previously discussed just that.
0 replies26 retweets4 favorites

Retweet26

Favorite4

More

Michael Silver  @MikeSilver  · 34m34 minutes ago

To clarify: Mark Davis asked McCloughan to come back and work under Reggie. McCloughan declined. He wanted to run football dept., or nothing

Last edited:
So much for the Raiders. "Raidering" that free agent signing.

On another "hater" type note. I really hope the niners peg Josh McDaniels B!tch a55 ffor their head coach. lol.

"@NBCdianna: Raiders have 1 interview left on their list for their HC vacancy and it's with Tony Sparano per sources #Raiders"

"@NBCdianna: The reason there is just one interview left in Oakland? I'm told they will not meet with Cardinals DC Todd Bowles #Raiders"

Owner Mark Davis brought an old Raiders head coach to interview another former Raiders head coach about a current head-coaching vacancy.

Got that straight?

John Madden sat in on an interview with Mike Shanahan in recent days, two NFL sources told CSN Bay Area.

It’s uncertain how involved Madden is in this coaching search beyond that interview, but it speaks some to the legitimacy of Shanahan, among several others, as a head-coaching candidate.

Madden also sat in on an interview with then-prospective general manager Reggie McKenzie during the Raiders last hiring session in 2012. McKenzie became the GM and eventually hired Dennis Allen as head coach.

Davis and Madden have known each other a long time, and there’s respect between the two men.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Mary Kay Cabot reported on Monday evening that the Raiders, 49ers and Bills were considering Mike Shanahan and his son Kyle – currently Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator – as a package deal. According to the report, Mike would obviously be the head coach and Kyle would be his coordinator. The Shanahans worked together in an identical capacity with Washington from 2010-2013.

Adding Mike Shanahan to the mix was a surprise when first reported due to a fractured relationship with the organization. Shanahan was fired just four games into his second season as head coach and there were several instances that suggested a tense relationship between him and late owner Al Davis.

Mark Davis has apparently mended that fence.

While Mike Shanahan didn’t last long as Raiders head coach, he won two Super Bowls coaching the Denver Broncos and also guided Washington for four seasons.

Kyle Shanahan has been an offensive coordinator since 2008, guiding Houston, Washington and Cleveland. He is 35 years old. His father is 62.

Shanahan is one of several candidates interviewed by the Raiders in recent days. That list includes Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, Philadelphia offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, Indianapolis offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton, Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and 49ers tight ends coach Eric Mangini. 

The Raiders will still interview interim head coach Tony Sparano, which has yet to happen. 

CSN reporter Fallon Smith contributed to this report. 

Scott Bair is the Raiders Insider for CSNCalifornia.com. Follow him on Twitter @BairCSN.

Back
Top Bottom