Racism You've Dealt With

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

When are $!!++# gonna stop giving racism power? I don't even look at racist people as real people....they're inferior and only make me look better.

it's time to stop talking about racism like it actually exists and start tearing down centuries and centuries and centuries of work that went into justifying this bull *#%%.

http://antonlavey.niketalk.yuku.com/
the Return of Captain Save A Caucasoid
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

meanwhile my white professors teach me about all the atrocities whites have committed to mankind and every race of people including themselves.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

this can be considered racist.
wink.gif

"People's beef here seems to be the fact that minority groups are more affected by racism and institutionalized racism which is very true no one is trying to argue that."
wink.gif

Discrimination, ignorance, racial bias and hatred knows no color. NT is a prime example of this.

Anton: White supremacists are a-holes, other races also exhibit similar qualities except at this point in time white people are in power. After the next shift of power another a-hole imperialist monster will rear its head perpetuating the cycle of human hatred and divide.
Ignorant NTer- Captain save a caucasian

NO NAMES
wink.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

When are $!!++# gonna stop giving racism power? I don't even look at racist people as real people....they're inferior and only make me look better.

it's time to stop talking about racism like it actually exists and start tearing down centuries and centuries and centuries of work that went into justifying this bull *#%%.

http://antonlavey.niketalk.yuku.com/
the Return of Captain Save A Caucasoid
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

meanwhile my white professors teach me about all the atrocities whites have committed to mankind and every race of people including themselves.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

this can be considered racist.
wink.gif

"People's beef here seems to be the fact that minority groups are more affected by racism and institutionalized racism which is very true no one is trying to argue that."
wink.gif

Discrimination, ignorance, racial bias and hatred knows no color. NT is a prime example of this.

Anton: White supremacists are a-holes, other races also exhibit similar qualities except at this point in time white people are in power. After the next shift of power another a-hole imperialist monster will rear its head perpetuating the cycle of human hatred and divide.
Ignorant NTer- Captain save a caucasian

NO NAMES
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

It makes me shake my head that some Black people in here dont think white people can experience racism

im black BTW
white people are the ones who started racism how can they experience it 
tired.gif

What they are experiencing is the backlash of the racism they started  

That's like saying, white people invented guns and only they can use it to harm others. White people may have invented "racism", but this has created a reality where other "races" make judgements based on race....no one is immune to it. Black can be racist against Asians and vice versa.

White people didn't invent xenophobia/ hatred/imperialism/homophobia bdw, without the concept of race it would be something else.

People's beef here seems to be the fact that minority groups are more affected by racism and institutionalized racism which is very true no one is trying to argue that. But if a Mexican kills a black man out of hatred and calls him the nword in the process....that is racism. On the other hand if a black man beats up an Asian man and calls him a the c-word in the process that is still racism. White people "created" a culture of racism, other races perpetuate it. However, "race" is not the only method of division that gives humans an excuse to hate oner another.
Thats not racism 
That would be discrimination not racism 

And no one said blacks can hate on other people no one has the right to do that 

It makes me shake my head that some Black people in here dont think white people can experience racism

im black BTW
tired.gif

That's like saying, white people invented guns and only they can use it to harm others. White people may have invented "racism", but this has created a reality where other "races" make judgements based on race....no one is immune to it. Black can be racist against Asians and vice versa.

White people didn't invent xenophobia/ hatred/imperialism/homophobia bdw, without the concept of race it would be something else.

People's beef here seems to be the fact that minority groups are more affected by racism and institutionalized racism which is very true no one is trying to argue that. But if a Mexican kills a black man out of hatred and calls him the nword in the process....that is racism. On the other hand if a black man beats up an Asian man and calls him a the c-word in the process that is still racism. White people "created" a culture of racism, other races perpetuate it. However, "race" is not the only method of division that gives humans an excuse to hate oner another.
Thats not racism 

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW
You will be shaking until it falls off, because they cannot, then do not. They are effected by the reality of racism, backlash, but do not suffer at the hands of racism.

Just answer these privately, or even here if you like. Since this is a male dominated society, can a man suffer from sexism, just as a woman can?

If a woman is angry by the way men treat women in a sexist society, then is confrontational about not being treated equal, does this make her a sexist?
If she feels that men have an unfair advantage, even if they are not qualified to have that advantage, does this make her a sexist?
If a woman then decides to not trust in a male dominated society in regard to her getting her just due, being well qualified to do anything she wants just as any man can, does this make her a sexist?

Supplant Woman with Black people, and Male with White people, you then will have your answer.

This is the sole reason that Right Wing Republicans came up with the term reverse racist. They realized that Black people are not qualified to be called racists, because racism was created to keep White people in power, not Black people. They then began calling entitlement programs reverse racist, due to White people being excluded, but only in intent. 

As we do know, White women have benefited from programs such as Affirmative Action, more so than any other minority, including those that it was intended to help.

First- Yes i do believe men can experience Sexism.....if i go looking for a job at Mcdonalds and the Manager is a Woman who for some reason hates men and Decides shes not going to hire me solely because im a man, ive experienced Sexism.

Second- replace women with Black people and Men with White People? idk why your trying To turn this into a black vs White thing when there are so many other races out there that also deal with racism

third- I realy believe if u take my first statement and its a white man trying to get that job at Mcdonalds and the managers a black guy who doesent hire him based on the fact that hes white, that that white guy experienced racism

ohwell.gif

That would be discrimination 
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of course everyone of every color can be discrimination but racism is a whole different thing [/font]

[/font]

[/font]

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW
You will be shaking until it falls off, because they cannot, then do not. They are effected by the reality of racism, backlash, but do not suffer at the hands of racism.

Just answer these privately, or even here if you like. Since this is a male dominated society, can a man suffer from sexism, just as a woman can?

If a woman is angry by the way men treat women in a sexist society, then is confrontational about not being treated equal, does this make her a sexist?
If she feels that men have an unfair advantage, even if they are not qualified to have that advantage, does this make her a sexist?
If a woman then decides to not trust in a male dominated society in regard to her getting her just due, being well qualified to do anything she wants just as any man can, does this make her a sexist?

Supplant Woman with Black people, and Male with White people, you then will have your answer.

This is the sole reason that Right Wing Republicans came up with the term reverse racist. They realized that Black people are not qualified to be called racists, because racism was created to keep White people in power, not Black people. They then began calling entitlement programs reverse racist, due to White people being excluded, but only in intent. 

As we do know, White women have benefited from programs such as Affirmative Action, more so than any other minority, including those that it was intended to help.

First- Yes i do believe men can experience Sexism.....if i go looking for a job at Mcdonalds and the Manager is a Woman who for some reason hates men and Decides shes not going to hire me solely because im a man, ive experienced Sexism.

Second- replace women with Black people and Men with White People? idk why your trying To turn this into a black vs White thing when there are so many other races out there that also deal with racism

third- I realy believe if u take my first statement and its a white man trying to get that job at Mcdonalds and the managers a black guy who doesent hire him based on the fact that hes white, that that white guy experienced racism

ohwell.gif

That would be discrimination 
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of course everyone of every color can be discrimination but racism is a whole different thing [/font]

[/font]

[/font]

There was a latin american day parade happening on 5th ave.
Someone asked an african american by stander what was going on and he replied its a mexican parade.

Someone asked an african american by stander what was going on and he replied its a mexican parade.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

I could be wrong, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say that's just lack of knowledge.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

I could be wrong, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say that's just lack of knowledge.

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

I understand what you are trying to say, but there is a difference between prejudice and racism. A sexist society can create resentment toward men. That resentment is not sexist, it is a response to being oppressed. It is prejudice, but not sexist.

The same can be said for racism. 

The racist system that exists in America, and in other places in the world, creates resentment against those who are in power, those who happen to be white. This is not racism, it is prejudice. Their actions, belief in their own superiority, created the resentment against them. Their feelings of superiority comes from entitlement, therein lies the difference.

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

I understand what you are trying to say, but there is a difference between prejudice and racism. A sexist society can create resentment toward men. That resentment is not sexist, it is a response to being oppressed. It is prejudice, but not sexist.

The same can be said for racism. 

The racist system that exists in America, and in other places in the world, creates resentment against those who are in power, those who happen to be white. This is not racism, it is prejudice. Their actions, belief in their own superiority, created the resentment against them. Their feelings of superiority comes from entitlement, therein lies the difference.

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

Racism is a form of prejudice. It is acting against someone based on his or her skin color due to a prejudice that person has developed. I don't really get you. You say a lot of words in threads like these but they rarely actually mean anything.

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

Racism is a form of prejudice. It is acting against someone based on his or her skin color due to a prejudice that person has developed. I don't really get you. You say a lot of words in threads like these but they rarely actually mean anything.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

The reason that you are wrong is that while prejudice is inherent, being a racist is not.

TennHouse2 wrote:

im black BTW

ohwell.gif

The reason that you are wrong is that while prejudice is inherent, being a racist is not.

im black BTW
tired.gif

Thats not racism 

white people made race a part of our reality, if someone in these times hates someone based on their "classically defined" race that is racism.  

The use of "racism" to exert dominance on another race is not the only manifestation of racism. A simple violent jesture or animosity toward someone else based on their race is still "racism".

DISCRIMINATION based on RACE=RACISM
laugh.gif

im black BTW
tired.gif

Thats not racism 

white people made race a part of our reality, if someone in these times hates someone based on their "classically defined" race that is racism.  

The use of "racism" to exert dominance on another race is not the only manifestation of racism. A simple violent jesture or animosity toward someone else based on their race is still "racism".

DISCRIMINATION based on RACE=RACISM
laugh.gif

If you're talking about so-called "inherent" prejudice you could also speak to tribalism, which is almost an antiquated form of racism. This theory of "inherent prejudice" is dicey enough as it is.

If you're talking about so-called "inherent" prejudice you could also speak to tribalism, which is almost an antiquated form of racism. This theory of "inherent prejudice" is dicey enough as it is.

Almost is not accurate enough. Racism is a theory based upon the supremacy of the White race. Prejudice is simply a reaction to something that is not familiar.

Remember, the concept of race was created by Europeans who deemed themselves White, then placing themselves above all others, using pseudo scientific means back when the rest of the world didn't know any better. Their theory on race only enhanced the inherent emotional response that had already existed.

Prejudice was already here, but racism as theory, upped the ante in favor of those who created said theory.

Almost is not accurate enough. Racism is a theory based upon the supremacy of the White race. Prejudice is simply a reaction to something that is not familiar.

Remember, the concept of race was created by Europeans who deemed themselves White, then placing themselves above all others, using pseudo scientific means back when the rest of the world didn't know any better. Their theory on race only enhanced the inherent emotional response that had already existed.

Prejudice was already here, but racism as theory, upped the ante in favor of those who created said theory.

True but many races including black people (and including yourself) have bought into this European "theory" of human categories. You're acting like other races are simply spectators in this false reality the Europeans have successfully fabricated. Other races possess the ability to use it for their own biased and selfish means.

If an asian dude calls me a dumb BLACK nword....he has acknowledged my race and expressed hatred for me as a result of it. Clearly this is an expression of discrimination based on RACE by a non-white "RACE"

Back
Top Bottom