R.I.P Trayvon

Yes, I watched.

That's our legal system. Zimmerman was on trial so the state was allowed to attempt to build a case that showed he had predispositions toward young black youth, which would help create their argument of ill will or spite. And in that respect, I agree with the system's allowing those phone calls be played.

But since everyone's screaming about our flawed system, let me throw this monkey wrench in there. The defense was not allowed to introduce evidence that may have shown the jury Trayvon Martin in another light, a light that doesn't depict him as the "innocent 17 year old child" who was gunned down by a racist assailant. (I also disagree with a 6'1 17 year old person being referred to as a child, constantly, as well as pictures of him clearing not depicting his age at the time of the incident, as insulting to my intelligence). Rightfully so, because Trayvon Martin is not who was on trial. Zimmerman was.

They weren't allowed to see his text messages discussing purchasing a firearm for $80.

They weren't allowed to go in depth on why he was living with his father.

Are these things relevant? Yes, in the grand scheme of things, I believe if you're going to look into the background of the head side of the coin, you should look equally as deep on the tail side of the coin. But that's not how our legal system works and we take the good with the bad. IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE.

In terms of a COURT CASE, I believe the defense should have won. That has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. The only thing the state did well was their closing arguments.

I thought we were talking about Zimmerman being racist, you definitely went on a tangent somewhere else

Agreed. For the record, I think Zimmerman should have been found guilty.

I thought FOR SURE they were gonna come back with the guilty verdict on the manslaughter charge, just because it was a "child".

All the evidence was shaky. State's witnesses making points for the defense a little too often. Rachel Jeantel really hurt the prosecution, IMO.

Yes, I watched.

That's our legal system. Zimmerman was on trial so the state was allowed to attempt to build a case that showed he had predispositions toward young black youth, which would help create their argument of ill will or spite. And in that respect, I agree with the system's allowing those phone calls be played.

But since everyone's screaming about our flawed system, let me throw this monkey wrench in there. The defense was not allowed to introduce evidence that may have shown the jury Trayvon Martin in another light, a light that doesn't depict him as the "innocent 17 year old child" who was gunned down by a racist assailant. (I also disagree with a 6'1 17 year old person being referred to as a child, constantly, as well as pictures of him clearing not depicting his age at the time of the incident, as insulting to my intelligence). Rightfully so, because Trayvon Martin is not who was on trial. Zimmerman was.

They weren't allowed to see his text messages discussing purchasing a firearm for $80.

They weren't allowed to go in depth on why he was living with his father.

Are these things relevant? Yes, in the grand scheme of things, I believe if you're going to look into the background of the head side of the coin, you should look equally as deep on the tail side of the coin. But that's not how our legal system works and we take the good with the bad. IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE.

In terms of a COURT CASE, I believe the defense should have won. That has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. The only thing the state did well was their closing arguments.

Turns out the prosecution was withholding evidence for discovery as well. Their own IT guy blew the whistle on the prosecution and was subsequently fired for it. No winners in this case and yes our legal system is grimy on both sides of the courtroom.

I thought we were talking about Zimmerman being racist, you definitely went on a tangent somewhere else

My point was that while you're trying to use things that happened outside of March 12, 2012 to justify your theory of him (GZ) being racist, I can also use similar tactics to justify Trayvon Martin being the "trouble" that George Zimmerman profiled him to be.

That's all.

Last edited:
man it really is a shame. if this fat *** hole had stayed in his car like the operator told him to this would have never happened. he should have atleast been punished for that regardless of what florida law says. those jurors are dumb

My point was that while you're trying to use things that happened outside of March 12, 2012 to justify your theory of him (GZ) being racist, I can also use similar tactics to justify Trayvon Martin being the "trouble" that George Zimmerman profiled him to be.

That's all.

And Trayvon Martin being the trouble Zimmerman profiled him to be justifies his racism?

Maybe because parents kill their kids every day :rolleyes

I wonder if people used the well did you care about all the kids that die from child abuse argument people are getting from Fixed News :stoneface:

yea its weird because most every one was talking crap about the jurors in there wanted to be too much like tv and play it by the book.

in this case dudes are saying the exact opposite and applaud that these bone heads go by the law

Last edited:
I'm a day late. Fair trial imo.

Glad the jury didn't bite on the pressure of the public.
Truth!

This dude's take on it is interesting. 

Your story is nice and all but Zim does not have to be a flat out racist for finding Trayvon suspicious. Did he not say to the operator that he's tired of these young punks getting away? I believe he profiled TM as a young troublemaker worthy of being followed

No.

He definitely profiled Trayvon Martin. We just can't PROVE race was a factor. This comes down to PROOF.

Zimmerman's parents and Martin's parents aren't from the same generation, IMO

Calling the police every time you see a young black male in your neighborhood is racist, again IMO

Please provide proof that George Zimmerman called the police everytime he saw a young, black male.

He may have not called EVERY time, but c'mon--calling the police on a kid who was 7-9 years old? I wonder why that was?

And let's not act like a pattern wasn't there. I get tired of people demanding "proof" of racism when it's literally right there in front of you. Do you need him to burn crosses and hang nooses on the porches of his black neighbors to call his actions racist?

I'm not going to say that Zimmerman was a card carrying KKK member or anything like that. But when you have preconceived, negative notions about another race of people, THAT'S RACIST. And that goes for EVERYONE.

Even though he won, Zimmerman life will never be the same though. I don't see how this dude can go in public without feeling worry of revenge attack.

He need to move to another country and start over from 0.

That's all.

What are you talking about?

Why are you comparing rumors to facts?

So what people was he talking about getting away? aliens?

Why did he approach a kid on a cell phone walking?

I thought FOR SURE they were gonna come back with the guilty verdict on the manslaughter charge, just because it was a "child".

All the evidence was shaky. State's witnesses making points for the defense a little too often. Rachel Jeantel really hurt the prosecution, IMO.
Evidence may have been shaky, but the fact remains that you can't claim self defense when you stalk and murder an unarmed individual. Does this mean that I can now strap up and run up on anyone who I don't like, and as soon as they make an act of aggression back at me, that I can shoot and kill them? Rachel's parents should be ashamed of themselves.

That's probably the only part where you and I see it a tad differently. From my understanding of the evidence, Martin went "back" to where the shooting happened. Meaning it's very well possible he instigated the fight that led to the shooting.

I do not think Zimmerman should have gotten out of his truck. For his safety or anyone else. He should have driven up to Trayvon Martin, identified himself as NBHW and offered the kid a ride home. If the kid says "**** off" or "I don't live here", then he's OFFICIALLY suspicious.

Or he could have just done nothing you know. That's always an option. Personally, I'm not paying the kid any mind. Mind your own business is the motto I live by.

Even though he won, Zimmerman life will never be the same though. I don't see how this dude can go in public without feeling worry of revenge attack.

He need to move to another country and start over from 0.

No, he needs to stay here and deal with the repercussions of killing a kid. Trayvon is still dead. His life should never be the same. Trayvon isn't getting to finish his. Nor can his family and friends ever see him again.

Back
Top Bottom