R.I.P Trayvon

You picking and choosing what to point out in the jury directions. You're saying if they found him guilty of 2nd degree murder he would automatically be guilty of manslaughter there would be no deliberation on manslaughter?
Your comprehension is lacking.

He'll get a sentencing date, when that will be?  Who knows.  This particular judge has a history for giving a lot of time tho.

Although I would hope that he gets murder 2. If the jury convicts him of manslaughter, 29 years and 11 months will suffice. That way Zimmerman supporters can't say that the judge was biased against him.

Thanks for not answering the question champ

you are aware he can be found guilty of Murder 2 and not guilty of manslaughter right?

"they asked a question about manslaughter so murder 2 is out !"
laugh.gif
ok

He'll get a sentencing date, when that will be?  Who knows.  This particular judge has a history for giving a lot of time tho.
Although I would hope that he gets murder 2. If the jury convicts him of manslaughter, 29 years and 11 months will suffice. That way Zimmerman supporters can't say that the judge was biased against him.
Honestly...it doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying this with any type of anger, but I personally don't believe Zimmerman will live to see the end of his sentence even if he only gets 10 yrs. Dude's fat and self described as soft. Florida prison is no joke and I'm sure there are prisoners inside who know about this case.

There's some seriously angry dudes in this thread :lol:

So?

I think the events surrounding Trayvon Martin's death are enough for anyone to be angry. Especially the Black community in a city where it took some civil unrest, a statement from Obama, and people putting money on his head just for him to be arrested.

Since murder never seemed like it had enough meat to convict him on, hoping dude gets hit with manslaughter.

Which one of yall boys knocking Nancy Grace in between shows?
Chick make up and hair look like she been face down.

Honestly... if he gets manslaughter I don't see him actually doing more than 5 years :\ But he should certainly get at least manslaughter....

Let's try to keep this respectful, everyone.  We've been seeing a lot of personal attacks and insults this thread, and anyone who can't keep it together will be ejected from the discussion and, if necessary, the site.

On a personal level, it never ceases to amaze me how so many people can, without irony, both DENY racism and express it at the same time.

e.g.

"Black people are just looking for an excuse.  They think everything is racist, so they don't put in the hard work it takes to succeed.  That's why they're failures.  Er.. I mean that's why SOME/most of them are failures.  Y'know.. because it's only racist if you say ALL.  And by some/most I mean everyone I don't know and who isn't successful.  Because they're all like that.  Mostly."  

It beggars belief. 

I mean seriously, what's the timeline in their mind?  

Racism Existed ->  I Have a Dream speech -> Racism Stopped Existing 

Collectively, Black Americans had it bad because of racism ->  I Have a Dream speech ->  Collectively, Black Americans still have it bad.... because they still think racism exists?!!?!

Collectively, White people thought Black Americans were lazy because many White people actually were racist back then -> I Have a Dream speech -> Collectively, Black Americans truly are lazy... because they still think racism exists?!
Let's posit that all of the above is unequivocally true.

And what then?

Did Black Americans lot improve after the assault on Rodney King? Amadou Diallo? etc, etc.

I would bet that Black Americans lot did not improve overall. In fact, it may be worse now than 25 years ago on a relative scale.

Is the point to lament incidents or to produce tangible, long lasting results?

I'm Jewish. If Jews spent time lamenting every anti Jewish incident where would we be? Instead, Jews concentrate their efforts to improve things on a longer timeline. Their efforts may not be visible but they produce results.  It might make people feel better to protest in the streets but the results come from grinding out work behind the scenes.
This guy is Jewish, too:  http://qcurban.org/faculty/stephen-steinberg/   Rather than just citing the practice of Jewish exclusion by American universities in anecdotal fashion to prove "jews had it bad, too", he actually looked at when and WHY it occurred, analyzing different waves of Jewish immigration and the social outcomes they achieved.  What he discovered challenged the "model minority" myth and the so-called "cultural explanations" of poverty.  It's fascinating work and, if you're interested, I'd recommend The Ethnic Myth as a starting point:     Amazon product ASIN 080704153X
Rather than waste your time shaming Black Americans and lamenting all these purported failures you've observed, perhaps you ought to take some time to better educate yourself about the issues.  I suspect that would produce some tangible, long lasting results. 

Back
Top Bottom