R.I.P Trayvon

DWalk I'm not watching, I'm gettin what I get from updates and what I read. What I just read on my phone from USAToday was.

"George Zimmerman had been charged only with second-degree murder. Judge Debra Nelson did not immediately rule on a prosecution request that a third-degree murder count would be added.

Zimmerman's attorneys had objected to adding any lesser charges, and Judge Debra Nelson held a hearing on the issue Thursday morning. The jury still has the option of convicting Zimmerman, 29, of the second-degree murder charge that prosecutors sought when the trial began."

I understand what you mean, the lesser charges were already included. I understand that the charges just didn't come out of "nowhere". But what I'm saying is, the goal - the main objective was for the state to prove second-degree murder. It's what the state and the prosecutors have tried to convince the jury of.

If the state felt they had a good chance at second-degree murder charge, they would have thrown the manslaughter charge out. Charging anyone with murder and manslaughter is desperate. It shows the prosecution/state is unsure themselves. They're not confident. That was my point.

When is comes to manslaughter it's a much better case for George Zimmerman, given the evidence he could indeed be found guilty. But second-degree murdedr? Nah. Regardless, if he's found guilty of manslaughter he's doing 20 plus years since a gun was involved.

Last edited:
They didn't add them at the end tho... they charged them at they beginning... Read what you wrote, it doesnt even make sense.... you don't ADD "LESSER INCLUDED CHARGES"... they are already included :lol:

I know they arent "adding" per se because those "lesser included" charges hadnt been determined until today.

Prosecution to Jury:

"Yeah well, over the past 3 weeks we tried proving M2, we couldnt, so here are our 'lesser included charges'. Even though we havent proved M2, he has to be guilty of something.".

Makes sense.

Yeah it's not really fair to add a another charge at this point, it may work out for the Zinmerman/Martin case but stuff like this will probably end up hurting more minorities in the end

Been on vacation for a week and didn't see any of the defense witnesses.

Just heard about the new charges, I know West head almost exploded. Judge Nelson is a monster out here. She's doing her best to make sure somebody going to prison next week.

They didn't add them at the end tho... they charged them at they beginning... Read what you wrote, it doesnt even make sense.... you don't ADD "LESSER INCLUDED CHARGES"... they are already included :lol:

I know they arent "adding" per se because those "lesser included" charges hadnt been determined until today.

Prosecution to Jury:

"Yeah well, over the past 3 weeks we tried proving M2, we couldnt, so here are our 'lesser included charges'. Even though we havent proved M2, he has to be guilty of something.".

Makes sense.
So what you're saying is lesser charges should never be considered, correct? If an individual is not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of the charge, they are exonerated of all wrongdoing they may have committed?

Why are people up in arms about this "adding" offenses thing? Hasn't this been the law and the way things are done for awhile now? How is it not fair? You really think the defense had no clue that Manslaughter could be a possibility?

The prosecution is well within their legal rights to do what they're doing. Fair has nothing to do with this situation, IMO. Is it right? Everyone will have their opinion on that and that's fine. But as far as being "fair", they're doing what the law allows so it isn't like they're gaming the system or something. That's called good lawyering.

Why are people up in arms about this "adding" offenses thing? Hasn't this been the law and the way things are done for awhile now? How is it not fair? You really think the defense had no clue that Manslaughter could be a possibility?

The prosecution is well within their legal rights to do what they're doing. Fair has nothing to do with this situation, IMO. Is it right? Everyone will have their opinion on that and that's fine. But as far as being "fair", they're doing what the law allows so it isn't like they're gaming the system or something. That's called good lawyering.

Its a concession.. Flat out.

I aint buying it.

If you gonna take someone to trial then do it, dont

Try to come off on technicality bull ****..

**** what side you on, thats goes for in general.

3rd degree murder in florida is da unintentional killing

Combined with a separate felony, and they adding

CHILD abuse.... :lol: like zimmerman knew how

old trayvon was or something...its bull ****.

Ya just wanna see that ***** hang for anything...

Naw i aint subscribing to that.

Yeah it's not really fair to add a another charge at this point, it may work out for the Zinmerman/Martin case but stuff like this will probably end up hurting more minorities in the end
They are not adding another charger , its a lessor charge.

Its like if you rob a women with a gun that would be armed robbery. But the prosecuter couldnt prove you had a gun but proved you actually robbed the women, so you could be convicted of roberry instead of armed robbery. Works both ways

the whole legal process is ridiculous.
TV drama court > real life court but that's probably bc professional actors > regular people lying

Lesser charges are always included and considered. If the defense never considered and prepare for minor related charges idk what world they were living in.

I aint buying it.

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any more ignorant, Mr. Hood interjects with his lawyering wisdom. Don't quit your day job, b.

Pretty sure what you're not buying doesn't matter. The FACT remains that nothing the prosecution has done is outside of the scope of the LAW.

I aint buying it.

CHILD abuse....
laugh.gif
like zimmerman knew how

old trayvon was or something
...its bull ****.

Might want to go back and listen to Zimmerman's initial call to the police champ. 

I aint buying it.

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any more ignorant, Mr. Hood interjects with his lawyering wisdom. Don't quit your day job, b.

Pretty sure what you're not buying doesn't matter. The FACT remains that nothing the prosecution has done is outside of the scope of the LAW.
besides it happens to us black folks all the time glad to see when it happens to someone else. and yes im biased i want GZ to go to jail

I aint buying it.

In the actual LAW it does not matter how old you "think" someone is, hell they could have a fake id saying they were born in 79 on them, it's still considered child abuse

Last edited:
prove e name="superblyTRIFE" url="/t/530/trayvon-martin-trial-thread/4200#post_18298700"]

I aint buying it.

Pretty sure what you're not buying doesn't matter. The FACT remains that nothing the prosecution has done is outside of the scope of the LAW.[/quote]

Thats like saying throwing a kitchen sink out da

window doesnt do anything outside da laws of

physics.

If u gonna hang a ***** for something, do it. Dont

Try to get him on a technicality cuz you couldn't

prove your case. All that does is make da appeal

That much easier to get. I aint emotionally invested

On this case so i can care less either way, however

Pulling that weak **** is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom