Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that the advertisers are running more christian themed commercials, come to jesus moments on television now. CNN has run quite a few with some guy proclaiming jesus as his lord and saviour, and then an are you christian, do you want your christian themed book published, ad running as well.

Anybody see any Buddist, Muslim, Hindu, African traditional religions being advertised right about now?!:lol:
I wonder how Shango, Ogun, Thor, Heracles, Zeus, Bast, Vishnu, Yemaya feel about all of the lack of publicity.....:nerd:

Not surprising in America though, where politicians have historically used their "Christian faith" to sway peoples' minds.

Not surprising in America though, where politicians have historically used their "Christian faith" to sway peoples' minds.
Yup, the great christian trump wants everyone to go to church on easter...as the virus is a non factor.:lol:

work has slowed downed drastically but I am considered essential. the few clients I have gotten to talk face to face with have given the same umbrella answers of "well its all according to god right?" "if god says its my time its my time" "god will show us the answer" etc etc

I can't deal with people.
******* idiots :lol:

work has slowed downed drastically but I am considered essential. the few clients I have gotten to talk face to face with have given the same umbrella answers of "well its all according to god right?" "if god says its my time its my time" "god will show us the answer" etc etc

I can't deal with people.
I deal with this all the time at my job. I work in healthcare and, as a result, generally deal with the older/more religious population. They bring up God a lot and I just do my best to smile and nod. I don't actively engage, but I definitely don't lead them on to the fact that I don't believe either. Hell...I've had patients and families ask me to pray with them and I've obliged. Just kept silent and let them do their thing.

Religious Organizations Receive $7.3 Billion in PPP Loans, Megachurches Amass Millions

Religious organizations across the U.S. have received at least $7.3 billion in federal rescue package loans, with evangelical leaders tied to President Donald Trump and megachurches tied to scandals pulling in some of the largest payouts.

Treasury Department data released Monday shows that religious organizations, ranging from nearly 10,000 Catholic churches to hundreds of Jewish groups, received 88,411 Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans since the program began April 3. Several churches affiliated with outspoken Trump supporters and close associates amassed at least $17.3 million in loans intended to help small businesses and nonprofits retain workers.
Included among the top loan recipients is the megachurch of pastor Robert Jeffress, who last year called Trump a Christian "warrior." Another is City of Destiny, the Florida megachurch run until recently by White House spiritual adviser Paula White-Cain.

I can't even front. That's an easy finesse. You just need to be able to sleep well at night.

Religious Organizations Receive $7.3 Billion in PPP Loans, Megachurches Amass Millions

Religious organizations across the U.S. have received at least $7.3 billion in federal rescue package loans, with evangelical leaders tied to President Donald Trump and megachurches tied to scandals pulling in some of the largest payouts.

Treasury Department data released Monday shows that religious organizations, ranging from nearly 10,000 Catholic churches to hundreds of Jewish groups, received 88,411 Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans since the program began April 3. Several churches affiliated with outspoken Trump supporters and close associates amassed at least $17.3 million in loans intended to help small businesses and nonprofits retain workers.
Included among the top loan recipients is the megachurch of pastor Robert Jeffress, who last year called Trump a Christian "warrior." Another is City of Destiny, the Florida megachurch run until recently by White House spiritual adviser Paula White-Cain.

I can't even front. That's an easy finesse. You just need to be able to sleep well at night.

Meanwhile we get a lil funky $1200

I've noticed that more so city white ppl are more inclined to be atheist or agnostic than anyone else I've come across. Particularly in my age group. Everyone else usually follows a religion.

you have clearly never been to Alabama, Florida or Mississippi. I associate religious ignorance with whiteness.

you have clearly never been to Alabama, Florida or Mississippi. I associate religious ignorance with whiteness.
"I've noticed that more so city white ppl are more inclined to be atheist or agnostic than anyone else I've come across."

Or openly.

I associate religious ignorance with religious ppl.

"I've noticed that more so city white ppl are more inclined to be atheist or agnostic than anyone else I've come across."

Or openly.

I associate religious ignorance with religious ppl.

I think city people in general are more inclined to be atheist. Black people in Boston are less religious than black people in bump****kentucky.

Why would God exist only on earth?
humans are arrogant. They will continue to think "WE were made in his image."

But, if you assume YOU were made in the image of "The One" you indirectly look at eveything else as inferior to you.

So IF/when an ET shows a higher level of consciousness/ability than us, we will have to reconsider a lot of things when it comes to this "God" thing.

christians jews and Muslim’s absolutely do not follow the same source. Abrahamic religions are labelled thus just because they started from Abraham. But the source is god not Abraham. And god to muslims Jews christians is a different entity.

earth in Islam is not only a thousand or few thousand years old. As well as the Quran directly talks of the Big Bang as the creation of the universe so not sure where you got your anecdotes but dig deeper if you can.

Guys you can’t take what the bible says and just generalize all religions. Made in his image is a Christian phrase

christians jews and Muslim’s absolutely do not follow the same source. Abrahamic religions are labelled thus just because they started from Abraham. But the source is god not Abraham. And god to muslims Jews christians is a different entity.

earth in Islam is not only a thousand or few thousand years old. As well as the Quran directly talks of the Big Bang as the creation of the universe so not sure where you got your anecdotes but dig deeper if you can.

Guys you can’t take what the bible says and just generalize all religions. Made in his image is a Christian phrase
different journey, same destination(=god). sounds like siblings fighting over daddies favouritism.

Religion is religion, bruh. I don’t care if you scream allahu akbar, god is good, or shalom. It’s all a bunch of made up ********.

The only religion I’ll ever respect is Buddhism.

I do appreciate the attempts of people like you to BS their religion in the context of popular science but nah fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom