Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being a kid and watching those pastors on stages having people walk across and he would cure whatever issue they had. They don’t do that anymore?

These words could be legitimately argued/believed by any human at any point of the Earth's existence.

It makes no sense to me when people that apply themselves to a religion yet say, "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual." What does that even mean?

I thought Big Jesus already packed his bags and now we're supposed to be waiting for his return

When I was in hs/college I was 100% sure everything was science and religion was total bs.

As I've gotten older and experienced life I'm not 100% science anymore.
I don't believe in heaven, hell, praying , occurrences in the bible , etc....etc

I'm just not as sure as I was before.

Wish I had that Trump audio :lol: :pimp:

Wrong.

One of the reasons science is important is cuz it can prove the opposite of your beliefs or biases.

Perhaps you meant to say religion.

I know it's wrong & it's not my belief but it's a common thing a lot of people do.

all this stuff is one big lottery man.

You can make best of your situation but a big part of existence is just LUCK.

Which family
Which country
Race
Time period

Etc.........
Nope on the race part my man, family as well. There is a reason for ancestry, and why when you evolve and do better, the family does as well. There is indeed a racial distinctions as well. Thor, is indeed what people would call White. Ast, or whom some people call Isis, is indeed Black, as is Bast. All of these entities are indeed real.

Wish I had that Trump audio :lol: :pimp:

Wrong.

One of the reasons science is important is cuz it can prove the opposite of your beliefs or biases.

Perhaps you meant to say religion.

more importantly, if your belief is proven wrong through experimentation it is no longer scientific.

put up or shut up, that´s science.

So you think there is conscious placement of who you are born to/by/of?
It isn’t that simple. However due to how religion, most notably the abrahamic faiths have dumbed down our existence, a true understanding of the other side, then what goes on there, has been lost on THIS side, currently. This is how the abrahamic religion is constantly fed. You are your ancestors, and your ancestors are you, all the way to the beginning of time. It is why we can look exactly like our grand parents several generations removed as well. There is no skipping around racially, yet people can be introduced to that family ancestrally through marriage, then bearing children from other cultures, adding to the OLDER ancestry.

all this stuff is one big lottery man.

You can make best of your situation but a big part of existence is just LUCK.

Which family
Which country
Race
Time period

Etc.........

I ALWAYS think about this, especially on the time period aspect...imagine LeBron James, but born in 1620.

or Marie Curie in the 1300s, when she would have been burned at the stake.

or John D. Rockefeller, but before the Industrial Revolution.

we´re pretty much all beneficiaries of factors that are impossible to predict or replicate.

...especially me, not having to have a real job.

It isn’t that simple. However due to how religion, most notably the abrahamic faiths have dumbed down our existence, a true understanding of the other side, then what goes on there, has been lost on THIS side, currently. This is how the abrahamic religion is constantly fed. You are your ancestors, and your ancestors are you, all the way to the beginning of time. It is why we can look exactly like our grand parents several generations removed as well. There is no skipping around racially, yet people can be introduced to that family ancestrally through marriage, then bearing children from other cultures, adding to the OLDER ancestry.

This sounds more like a plausible prediction on family tree's from past and years to come. I think the statement is, how is our consensus being chosen where to go? What family? What country?...... Who is to determine where my mind wakes up from birth? How come I didnt wake up in Jordan's body to emphasize my athleticism versus a ****** in New Zealand with no room to emphasize athleticism? Its lottery....

If not lottery, then the X amount of billion people that are here have a set in stone reason for their existence.

I ALWAYS think about this, especially on the time period aspect...imagine LeBron James, but born in 1620.

or Marie Curie in the 1300s, when she would have been burned at the stake.

or John D. Rockefeller, but before the Industrial Revolution.

we´re pretty much all beneficiaries of factors that are impossible to predict or replicate.

...especially me, not having to have a real job.

LbJ thing is crazy. He would be nobody. The mass wouldn't value basketball the way we do now in 2020. He would be another average joe.

So is the belief in switching towards "everyone serves a purpose"? Do u believe everything happens on purpose?

I believe at a fundamental level things happen the way they happen, and for no particular reason at all.

sure, they could have happened a different way...but they didn´t and here we are.

history only forms a narrative in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom