Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude has a temper.
Meditation > Prayer

pope-22a3.gif

I've always thought that God is like gravity. It doesn't really matter if you believe in it or not, it's real and you're a byproduct of it whether you like it or not. But not in a religious way just in a 'where does everything come from' way.

I've always thought that God is like gravity. It doesn't really matter if you believe in it or not, it's real and you're a byproduct of it whether you like it or not. But not in a religious way just in a 'where does everything come from' way.
I think it’s pretty clear that this discussion is a bit above your pay grade.

The real question is does the existence or non existence of god influence your behaviours?

if it doesn’t Influence you and you are a good human. Continue on living.

if it does influence you. Then use it for good as mostly all religious scriptures preach same thing, goodness.

The real issues arise when you mix religion with geopolitical complexities and somehow correlate the two to provide proof; gods existence only gives power to people to rape torture kill etc. That’s just as dumb as coming to an argument about god with faith.

ultimately at the end of all of it, if you stare all the injustices in the world and say humanity is on the correct path due to our superior intellect and getting rid of god complexes than you are wrong. Clearly there exists so many problems because of our belief that our intellect is 100% correct all the time. It’s just stupid to think that we know.

Being what is considered a good human being is subjective, as proven by those who claim to know a god, then practicing a religion.

The first British slave ship that carried Africans hit the shores of the New World, was named The Good Jesus.

Take that as you will.

There’s evidence that gravity exists, though.

I'm saying, 'God' is just a catchall term to describe the essence of everything that exists. Life itself is the evidence of 'God'. You can't believe in God or not believe in God anymore than you can any force of nature

Being what is considered a good human being is subjective, as proven by those who claim to know a god, then practicing a religion.

The first British slave ship that carried Africans hit the shores of the New World, was named The Good Jesus.

Take that as you will.

bro. Come on man. You are telling me those guys didn’t know what they were doing was bad? Of course they knew. We are no more aware of bad and good today than we were then.

they chose to do the evil thing. They were not ignorant of it.

I'm saying, 'God' is just a catchall term to describe the essence of everything that exists. Life itself is the evidence of 'God'. You can't believe in God or not believe in God anymore than you can any force of nature
I just took this as YOUR interpretation of what God is.

Some people don't view it in this sense and view it in the figurative (man) form that we are usually introduced to as little children.

I am not saying I agree/disagree, so don't take it that way.

bro. Come on man. You are telling me those guys didn’t know what they were doing was bad? Of course they knew. We are no more aware of bad and good today than we were then.

They thought that they had a divine right to do so, and they thought they were righteous in their actions while being White.

So you don't think morality shifts depending on the time/era in which we exist?

I just took this as YOUR interpretation of what God is.

Some people don't view it in this sense and view it in the figurative (man) form that we are usually introduced to as little children.

I am not saying I agree/disagree, so don't take it that way.
Yea I don't believe in that definition of God. Basically I'm saying God is the same thing as energy, it can't be created or destroyed.

No I think our acceptance of acts committed by sociopaths in power shifts with time, not morality. (I.e “metoo” Hollywood movement.)

I feel like since the beginning of man, the “majority” of humans have always known right or wrong and know when something is immoral or causes harm to others.

also just cuz someone believes it is their “divine” right to do something, it does not mean the blame falls on a God or religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom