Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your opinion on people who are heavily religous
Hey, If it works for them. They aren't hurting anyone.

I ASSUME most of them have been brainwa...........indoctrinated since an early age. So they never had a fair chance of formulating their own opinions at an early age.

It’s so weird going to church lol. Especially the black church. Joint is like a circus mayne :smh:

They not even shy with how they ask for bread....they be in that ***** like “YESSAH KEEP GIVING, YOU WILL BE BLESSED”

**** is a joke.

*Not atheist disclaimer, just don’t believe in the regular concept of god, nor the church scene

What is your opinion on people who are heavily religous
there's lines between being passionate to something and that turning to obsession and that leading to extremism. Even if we did away with religion there are people who have obsessive/extremist type of personalities. We've had people fight each other and even killed solely over a bar argument between NFL teams. extreme anything I believe is horrible for humankind

:rofl: big boi in sweater vest

These poeple cannot be ******* serious man. The most outwardly outspoken religious people I know are always crying how they're broke, how they have it so bad, yadi yadi ya, but it's gone be okay because jesus would never give them anything they couldn't handle. Lol G T F O H.

Stay talking all that religious mess about god going to get them through the loss of a loved one, but don't question why god allowed that loved one to get smoked by a falling tree branch.

I remember I had peeked my head in one of those churches on Flatbush where that was going down and I quickly got that cult vibe.

Like all of us reasonable ppl always ask ourselves why do they play along? :lol:

Why aren't there tons of feel the spirit of the Lord FAIL videos? Dude touches them or makes the hand motion and the person doesn't fall :lol: :nerd:

^ Maybe... for me, growing up as a weekly churchgoer, I always thought it was complete ********. I used to think the belief would come with age bd I was too young to understand. I was wrong. No there there.

^ Maybe... for me, growing up as a weekly churchgoer, I always thought it was complete bull****. I used to think the belief would come with age bd I was too young to understand. I was wrong. No there there.
That's how I was too, but imagine a world where religion couldn't be mentioned until you were old enough to make your own decisions. It'd be so much better, man.

We see that there are consequences in this life. I believe we can all agree on this.
What do you all think of ultimate consequences? Can we draw a parallel of that concept from this life to whatever is next (if you believe in a next)? Is there such a thing? What do yall think?

This is why I got kicked out of church at age 4. I fell and rolled around on the floor too. But it was from laughing at this bafoonery going on. I aint know much, but I knew that aint seem right.
:rofl: big boi in sweater vest
:rofl::smh::rofl:

Last edited:
We see that there are consequences in this life. I believe we can all agree on this. Cause and effect.
What do you all think of ultimate consequences? Can we draw a parallel of that concept from this life to whatever is next (if you believe in a next)? Is there such a thing? What do yall think?

Nothing I do in this life will affect my ability to feed worms when i die

What do you guys think of those who have "near-death" experiences and report back seeing, "bright lights, angels and spirits" or those who see " demons and fire, etc?"

We see that there are consequences in this life. I believe we can all agree on this.
Only to a certain extent and consequences don't always serve justice or are absolute.

Its a cruel world. Plenty corrupt and wicked ppl go unpunished and see no consequences for their actions or inaction. Some even get rewarded. Hell some things ppl do aren't ever revealed even after they die.

If there is a next, I don't have any justifiable reason to believe it would be any different.

What do you guys think of those who have "near-death" experiences and report back seeing, "bright lights, angels and spirits" or those who see " demons and fire, etc?"
Depending on the near-death experience and how "near death" the experience actually is there are many factors in play.

Lack of oxygen to the brain can **** you up. A short time not severely or permanently but long enough to where you can come back and not have brain damage will have you on some other ****.

The brain struggles to process chemical imbalances and the experiencing of extreme fear. All of that stress effects you physically and can cause the mind to hallucinate.

On a slightly lighter level where ppl see demons or angels, well they're living in this society and all of that stimuli and information stays with you and is something you can't un-know about so even if you don't believe it just being aware that you are experiencing something that might kill you may cause your mind to manifest those images as a way to distract you from the trauma of the experience.

I saw a funny IG post.

Somebody said she refuses to workout because God made her Exactly the way he wanted her to be.

Stuff like this is just dumb

^ I try not to interject my opinion in this thread, to allow it to be a free form platform of discussion, but, WTH wrong with this chick?. People blame God for everything. If she believes this, He will be the reason why she is single too.

Mental health > belief

That's how I was too, but imagine a world where religion couldn't be mentioned until you were old enough to make your own decisions. It'd be so much better, man.

Do we still expose em to sex, drugs, rock and roll and gratuitous violence from an early age or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom