PYP... Vol. Halloween Costumes

So people can't paint their face darker because the term 'blackface' comes with a racist history?

Really.....really though?

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Originally Posted by Teddythegr:nerd:ne

I went as Lil John...

You know Jo and Jilliane? I went to high school with them, Jo's my homegirl. I wanted to go to her party, but other things came up.
roll.gif
You mean you didn't get invited? There's no need to lie to us.
laugh.gif

I know there's no need to lie to you guys.

So I didn't.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

So people can't paint their face darker because the term 'blackface' comes with a racist history?

Dude you're not black.
Originally Posted by T i c a l

15+ pages of 'smh' for a white dude who dressed up as a black dude

but Pookie got laughs for doing the opposite
Exactly, thank you all for blatantly proving my point about double standards. The level of ignorance and hypocrisy on this board is amazing.

- Tical.
There is no racist history behind white face. That's the difference, therefore there is no hypocrisy. I feel bad for your girl for real, chick is a minority and doesn't even know her boy is a racist.
That's why I brought up his girlfriend when I was "arguing" with him.

racist is a nasty word that shouldnt be thrown around lightly without understanding it

to call tical racist or closet racist is a bit overboard

and to say that the intentions of that costume were solely racist is just an assumption
that can be true but you dont know for sure the foodstamp accessory,does make it seem that way which i think is an absurd stereotype on africanamericans(watermelon, kfc chicken, ribs and kool aid)

with that said, african americans cannot blame the USA today for what happened in the past
I dont understand the concept of an apology from the federal government, meaning yes its a apology none the less, but it would have no weight to it because noone was around then to enforce the racism yrs ago

I mean maybe im talking out my butt , but i hate racism

and comming from a guyanese american, yrs ago I wouldve been considered a colored person, but im allowed to live a equal life because of the duties paid byafrican americans and I an greatful for that even if i wouldnt be accepted by african americans

on a side note the halloween parade in the city was bananas

i was about to give the dude a pass for dressing like obama....but when i saw the "obama bucks" or w/e its called in his hands i knew what his intentwas.....so he deserved the *$+ whooping that he got

it's not the fact that they are painting themselves darker that is the problem, it's that 98% of the time they are doing it to mock the stereotypesgiving to black people.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

it's not the fact that they are painting themselves darker that is the problem, it's that 98% of the time they are doing it to mock the stereotypes giving to black people.
and on top of that, Obama isnt even that black. dude is more of a yellow color. Dude put emphasis on the black color for a reason. Its sad thatpeople on NT is saying that its actually "ok" would you let your kids dress up as a blackface obama holding obama stamps? wy feed into thestereotype and represent it for halloween of all the different variations of obamas he couldve done, he decided to represent Obama negativly and thats thebottom line.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Dude you're not black.

15+ pages of 'smh' for a white dude who dressed up as a black dude

but Pookie got laughs for doing the opposite
Exactly, thank you all for blatantly proving my point about double standards. The level of ignorance and hypocrisy on this board is amazing.

- Tical.
There is no racist history behind white face. That's the difference, therefore there is no hypocrisy. I feel bad for your girl for real, chick is a minority and doesn't even know her boy is a racist.
That's why I brought up his girlfriend when I was "arguing" with him.

roll.gif
hold up I'm not black because I didn't catch a fit about thiswhite boy having foodstamps in his hand?
I live in Harlem 127th and Lenox if I stand outside the Apollo right now and ask black people what they think of this costume I can guarantee you the most theywould say is 'wow what a costume' they definitely wouldn't be on some Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, civil rights movement over a guy dressing up whatpart of the game is this?
nerd.gif

My great-grandmother has been called and witnessed way more derogatory statements then some chicken and watermelon printed piece of paper for me to sit hereand catch a fit over a costume, dudes need a backbone seriously you really don't know what real racism is

Originally Posted by I R Andre

I feel bad for your girl for real, chick is a minority and doesn't even know her boy is a racist.
For the record, since you keep bringing my girlfriend up, I told her about this post and she laughed. Also she'll probably end up reading itbecause she browses Niketalk from time to time. She's obviously not as sensitive as you all are.

- Tical.

I enjoy being told what I should and shouldn't be offended by. Just cause it doesn't mean #%+% to you doesn't mean It doesn't affect me. Postyour ethnicity and I can post a like example. A funny thing with these convos is i NEVER have them in real life. Nice to know how folks think when they'rein a safe cocoon like the internet.

it's not the fact that they are painting themselves darker that is the problem, it's that 98% of the time they are doing it to mock the stereotypes giving to black people.
as far as I know this dude painted himself darker because he was trying to be Obama who is a individual of darker descent or am I wrong? Is thatmocking a stereotype?

This is as racist as blackface, yet I bet you all were
roll.gif
when it came out

white_chicks,0.jpg

EDIT:

as far as I know this dude painted himself darker because he was trying to be Obama who is a individual of darker descent or am I wrong? Is that mocking a stereotype?

No the fact that he is holding up racist food stamps, is so messed up about the situation

I see you Tical

I feel bad for your girl for real, chick is a minority and doesn't even know her boy is a racist.
For the record, since you keep bringing my girlfriend up, I told her about this post and she laughed. Also she'll probably end up reading it because she browses Niketalk from time to time. She's obviously not as sensitive as you all are.

- Tical.
But she is obviously as unintelligent as you are.

I just think it's %!@%+% up that the Wayans brothers can make "White Chicks" and it be hilarious yet if Will Ferrell and Owen Wilson wanted tomake a movie called "Black Chicks" it would never get close to production, let alone be a somewhat successful movie.

- Tical.

Pookieman just messaged me and asked me to post his message:
Eh...since I've been banned again, I can't write in the thread, anywho...I see where you were coming from with your post...and I know dudes is jumping on like sheep....but here is what they are saying.......they are upset because of the negative connotation displayed by that Obama costume, you can't deny that it's not blatantly stereotypical (food stamps) - did dude deserve to get beat., who knows - I wasn't there, but I know he wasn't getting my vote for funniest costume....I won't say he's racist, but he is stupid
And to the dudes saying it isn't a Double standard....well it is in a way....but I am not portraying a white man in a negative way - if I were to come out looking, like your stereotypical "white trash" character then that would be a definite issue....I just wanted to be a white guy....it was fun, no hate intended...

Anyways, do me a favor....post this entire message for me, I will be your one remaining black NT friend if you do...lol....but if you don't, I will be forced to e-thrash you

n11005638_35336374_6510.jpg

n11005638_35336388_876.jpg

Someone make this sequence into a GIF for me.....

n11005638_35336389_1198.jpg

n11005638_35336390_1543.jpg

n11005638_35336391_1877.jpg

But she is obviously as unintelligent as you are.

So now we've resorted to childish insults. Good job buddy, you really show your intelligence with that one.

- Tical.

as far as I know this dude painted himself darker because he was trying to be Obama who is a individual of darker descent or am I wrong? Is that mocking a stereotype?

honestly, obama is THAT dark? and obama is mixed, so he's not fully 'black' so yes, you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom