PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

wait wait wait

i got the 120 gb joint, can i run an OS on it???

please tell me i can, thats jivelike the main reason why i got it

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

wait wait wait

i got the 120 gb joint, can i run an OS on it???

please tell me i can, thats jivelike the main reason why i got it

if youre referring to linux which was the only thing you used to be able to put on it, then nope, they got rid of thatin order to cut costs

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Rumor that Mozilla is creating something for PS3.

another website contacted mozilla and they said it was false

id rather have chrome anyway

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via sony.net

PSN has 33million registered accounts
gam_presentationslide_580.jpg

Though yesterday's Sony investor's conference featured a concerning reference to the PSN's "new revenue stream from subscription," another slide from the presentation seems to indicate that the platform is already making money hand over fist. According to the slide (seen above), the company has set a lofty goal for the current fiscal year: It expects the PSN to bring in ¥50 billion (roughly $561 million) in revenue by the end of FY 2009. That's three times the amount of cash collected by the platform in the last fiscal year.

Exactly how Sony plans to boost its revenues so drastically is outlined by other statistics on the slide. According to the company's calculations, the PSN currently has 33 million registered users, 1.4 million of which visit the PlayStation Store on a daily basis. We fall into the latter group -- but only because we can't stop window shopping for celebrities we can fling into oncoming traffic. We confess: It's one of our dirtiest, guiltiest pleasures.

My Take: So whenever you hear someone on 360 say "the reason why XBL is better is because there is more people playing it" you can smack that @*+%$ kufi off.

How many unique users are on daily? Some of these could be dummy accounts or accounts to get to other PSN stores... Just because you'reregistered doesn't mean you are playing a game online...

Carry on.

i tried that netflix thing the other day on the ps3, and the picture quality is !@#@@+. Like a nba league pass game on comcast. i think my tv said it was 480por something like that. Didnt have any lag though

if youre referring to linux which was the only thing you used to be able to put on it, then nope, they got rid of that in order to cut costs

wow i'm pretty blown about that

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via sony.net

PSN has 33million registered accounts
gam_presentationslide_580.jpg

Though yesterday's Sony investor's conference featured a concerning reference to the PSN's "new revenue stream from subscription," another slide from the presentation seems to indicate that the platform is already making money hand over fist. According to the slide (seen above), the company has set a lofty goal for the current fiscal year: It expects the PSN to bring in ¥50 billion (roughly $561 million) in revenue by the end of FY 2009. That's three times the amount of cash collected by the platform in the last fiscal year.

Exactly how Sony plans to boost its revenues so drastically is outlined by other statistics on the slide. According to the company's calculations, the PSN currently has 33 million registered users, 1.4 million of which visit the PlayStation Store on a daily basis. We fall into the latter group -- but only because we can't stop window shopping for celebrities we can fling into oncoming traffic. We confess: It's one of our dirtiest, guiltiest pleasures.

My Take: So whenever you hear someone on 360 say "the reason why XBL is better is because there is more people playing it" you can smack that @*+%$ kufi off.
How many unique users are on daily? Some of these could be dummy accounts or accounts to get to other PSN stores... Just because you're registered doesn't mean you are playing a game online...

Carry on.

It says right there Ray Charles, 5.4 million.

Yup, plays and looks exactly like that video. I wouldn't say it's better than MW2 but it's def more realistic in war/battlefield sense. I put anhour in it last night, game is fun as hell. I was snipping drivers out of Humvees, as they fell out and the Humvee crashed into a tree or wall and exploded
laugh.gif

The controls are a lil bit slow for my taste, not as smooth as MW2 but than again, MW2 is on steroids, arcade shooter, BF:BC2 is more simulation like. Thecoolest thing about the game is you actually feel like your dropped into a battlefield, they simulated the look and feel pretty damn good, best I've seenin any game to date. Also everything is destructible, makes me wonder if MW2 went that route. Anyways, I have an extra beta key (not sure if it workssince I got it off of fileplanet) if anybody wants, first PM takes it.

Chris, chill, before I put a hole in the ice rink in your backyard. jrp44, your stats are more impressive than %!!% talking.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

btw has anyone played AC2 yet... if so how is it compared to the first one?
im playing it now...way better than the first one, has a real story not just go kill this guy or that guy for no reason then run to safety...

im only about 3 hours in the story tho

does the gow2 collection look good running I really havent seen any actual footage and thats been my issue. I dont wanna get it just because and it looks likeps2 game on my 50 inch tv

Via Kotaku.com

US Air Force Buying 2200 PlayStation 3s
500x_usaf.jpg

Influenced in no way by the release of a newer, slimmer model, the United States Air Force will soon be placing an order with Sony for 2200 PlayStation 3s.

And they're not even going to play games on them!

Instead, the consoles will be headed to the USAF Research Laboratory's information directorate in Rome, New York, where they'll be combined with 336 consoles the lab already own to form a "cluster" of Cell chips. A PS3 Rat King, if you will.

This cluster will then be put to work grinding out better ways to process high-res radar images, video footage, as well as research on "neuromorphic computing", a term that didn't sound that scary until I looked it up.

My Take: I remember when it was reported that Saddam Hussein copped a couple thousands PS2 because the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizerhad the power to launch a missle
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom