PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1]PSN to go down for maintenance on Tuesday[/h1]
This is probably going to be it. Sony’s announced that PSN is to go down for maintenance from Tuesday evening.

ps-store.jpg

The downtime will begin from 7:00pm BST up until 1:00am on Wednesday, June 1. Services that will be unavailable at that time include:
  • PC Registration
  • Console Storefront
  • PS3 Account Management
  • PS3 Network Account Registration
  • PSP Network Account Registration
  • Qriocity Account Management
If you remain signed in before the downtime begins, however, you’ll still be able to play online.

The maintenance work comes just at the cut-off point of when Sony said that full restoration would come to PSN. The only piece missing is the PlayStation Store, which was thought to come back earlier this week. That didn’t happen.

Time to place bets for next week, then.

Thanks, TSA.
[h1]Rumour: NGP entry model tech specs slashed[/h1]
The base model of Sony’s new portable will reportedly have half the RAM previously suggested.

20110527ngp.jpg

IndustryGamers‘ translation of a 01net report has Sony making drastic cuts to the system in order to compete with 3DS pricing.

The version of the NGP without 3G connectivity is said to have had its RAM allotment reduced from 512MB to just 256MB.

Additionally, the expected 16GB internal flash memory is supposed to have been dropped, in favour of an external system – much like the current PSP’s reliance on memory cards.

Former details of the NGP’s planned system specifications have been gleaned largely from industry leaks, with Sony apparently cagey about revealing specifics.

At GDC, the NGP’s probable games format was detailed, a two to four GB flash card.

Sony’s most recent announcement had the NGP due by the end of the year, despite concerns the launch could be pushed back to 2012 outside Japan. A release date and price is due for reveal at E3.
[h1]David O. Russell drops out of Uncharted flick[/h1]
Variety has reported that David O. Russell has left the Uncharted movie project due to “creative differences.

I just got the Platinum trophy for Brink last night. I highly recommend this game for those that want an easy Plat. Its challenging yet fun. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by Mister916

3 platinum's

RDR
SvR 2010
RE5 (Thanks to Tap)

Nice to see you post in the thread, again, homie.
pimp.gif

Any games on your horizon?
Not really, unfortunately.
ohwell.gif

All I play is 2k11 nowadays.

Good thing E3 is around the corner.

Is this real?
[font='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']http://[size=7][/size][/font]
[font='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif'][size=7]Identity Theft Protection O...ess by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST at: [color= rgb(0, 102, 204)]us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection[/color].

Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated, you will be sent your AllClear ID PLUS activation code.
spacer.gif

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment[/font]

Just got the email this morning. Anyone else?

Nice to know I'm not the only trophy lover..

NCTwin- I thought about d/l'ing Infamous since I do have most of the games or played them..

from the PS blog

[h1]New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3[/h1]
+ Posted by Anand Agarwal // Product Marketing Manager, Hardware

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

Not bad for $100..

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

just got the email

i was weird-ed out by the "innovyx.net" part but turns out its legit 
ohwell.gif

Ah cool. Might sign up; the breach must be that serious if Sony's paying for all this security stuff.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

i fell asleep playing la noire last night after 10 mins lol
lmao, word... the game is definitely not suitable for those who have A.D.D. and lack listening skills/reading comprehension.  game is getting mad repetitive. 

i thought if its stereo headset its not 7.1 surround?

if thats the case turtle beach is charging 249.99 for a wireless headset with 7.1/double bluetooth the px5

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Nice to know I'm not the only trophy lover..

NCTwin- I thought about d/l'ing Infamous since I do have most of the games or played them..

from the PS blog

[h1]New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3[/h1]
+ Posted by Anand Agarwal // Product Marketing Manager, Hardware

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

Not bad for $100..

Sort of want, but another thing to occupy one of only two USB ports on my slim (which will be competing in port space with the Official PS3 BT headset, 4 DS3s, 3 RockBand peripherals, Driving Force GT, and my Move + Nav Controller (bought the charging station), PS Eye, and flash drive)? Never mind... too lazy.
laugh.gif

Shame they reduced the number of USB ports on the console down to two when a lot of the peripherals they sell rely on the USB ports often. 
ohwell.gif

Cool article on the PlayStation Blog on how the PlayStation Move Sharpshooter came about:
[h1]PlayStation Move sharp shooter Origins – Part One[/h1]
+ Posted by Victor Zuylen // Editor, Killzone Community

By now you’ve probably read a thing or two about the PlayStation Move sharp shooter– like the fact that it has a digital trigger, a pump-action grip, andan authentic form factor. But did you know that it originally startedlife as a side project for Killzone 3’s game director? In this two-part article, we look at the origins of the sharp shooter and the people behind it.

It all began with a Helghast soldier using a PlayStation Move controller.

“We were at a game convention where the PlayStation Move was being demonstrated,

^^w0w Asia got screwed for as incentives go. I didn't know until yesterday that they were still offline, inexcusable.

from thatvideogameblog.com
May. 27th, 2011 - by Rain Anderson - More on: Brink
[h1]Brink’s free DLC detailed; new maps, more[/h1]
Bethesda’s went and detailed Brink‘s upcoming Agents of Change DLC. The add-on, due out some time next month (for free), will offer two new maps, plus new player abilities, weapon attachments and outfits players can customize their characters with.

The level cap will be raised to 24 as well.

See below for the full lowdown:

New Maps
  • Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
  • Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities
  • UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
  • Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
  • Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
  • Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
  • Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments
  • Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
  • Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits
  • The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
  • The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.
What’s more, the game’s stats site will go live for 360 and PS3 users next week (on Tuesday) and for PC players “very soon.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

so when is the playstation store coming back?

Tentative date is still the 31st. They are saying that there's going to be maintenance on Tuesday, so I guess we will be expecting the PlayStation Store to be back any day now.

Back
Top Bottom