PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Anyone else having trouble getting in a match on Black Ops? I had to join a fellow NTer's lobby just to play.
same here, did you also get that message saying to check online for a status or something like that?
Nope. Haven't seen that. Was it Call of Duty or PlayStation Network-related?
nerd.gif

I loved that Inception x BF3 trailer. Awesome work.

Socom players...Is Socom 4 online gameplay as close as we're going to get to Socom II?

^^ Oh, right... SOCOM 4 has Double XP. I need all the help I can get with the game at the moment.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Putting in some rounds tonight.

Side note: DaSignOfHell (Casper) has been on SOCOM 4 every time I log on at different times of the day.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

First Black Ops earlier this morning...and now i can't connect to SOCOM4 online multiplayer. What gives?
indifferent.gif

EDIT: Server's under maintenance. Sigh.

Via Eurogamer.net

Sony is working on PlayStation 4
playstation4.gif

Sony has confirmed that work on a "future platform" to follow the PS3 "is already under way".

Sony's executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato made the revelation on a conference call to investors today. He was asked to explain increased research and development (R&D) costs.

"For the home equipment the PS3 still has a product life," he said, "but this is a platform business, so for the future platform - when we'll be introducing what product I cannot discuss that - but our development work is already under way, so the costs are incurred there."

Kato's comments are in direct contrast those of Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai's. Hirai said, three months ago in March, that "a near-future PS4 or next-generation home console is not something that we are even debating now".

Hirai stressed that Sony wasn't "even at the half-way point" in PS3's lauded 10-year plan.

This console cycle may be destined to last longer than previous generations, but there are already rumours of top-tier publishing partners receiving prototype dev kits of Microsoft's new Xbox.

Meanwhile Nintendo has plans to formerly unveil Wii 2 - codenamed Project Cafe - at E3 next month.

Rumor launch is Fall 2012 Japan, Spring 2013 NA.

Via Joystiq.com

Rumor: Ninja Gaiden 3 loses the store, may add Move support
ng3115.jpg

Reports are coming in that the latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine is full of new info about Ninja Gaiden 3. NeoGAFfer RatedRSuperstar summarized the article, noting a few salient points about the Team Ninja sequel.

Reportedly, the difficulty level "won't be toned down for casual gamers," which means Team Ninja is making the game "more accessible" in a different way. In addition, it packs competitive and cooperative multiplayer, with at least one mode supporting up to eight players. There's also a possibility of Move support. The weapons store is gone, in favor of weapons that "upgrade over time."

According to RatedRSuperstar, "Blood is back" as well. Having seen the purported scans, that's an understatement. Imagine a ninja covered in melted Twizzlers.

There is also confirmed 60FPS, and co-op mulitplayer too.

Sigma was one of the best ports ever, I have high hopes for Team Ninja.

Via Joystiq.com

psn525.jpg

Sony is making good on its offer of free ID theft protection for PSN members. It's posted the form through which you can sign up for Debix's AllClear ID service, which " uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help keep you safe" and also includes "identity theft insurance coverage" and access to investigators.

Sony is only offering access to the free service until June 28, so you should sign up now. "AllClear ID PLUS is a service offered by Debix and not by Sony," the company notes. Sony meant this as a warning, so you'll read the AllClear ID site carefully before signing up -- but we admit that when we first saw that, we kind of thought the implication was that it was less likely to be hacked.

have any of yall gone through Craigslist to get your PS3s repaired?..
i found some Ads that say: $40 flat rate repair (YLOD, MB).. good? bad? scam? 
nerd.gif

If you live in the LA area hitup Fuzion Electronics in Huntington Park. They fixed my OG 60GB for $75 plus 3 month warranty. All together it took 45mins and while I waited I played MW2 in there office.

^ good looks Boost 
pimp.gif
.. too bad im from the Bay tho.. and YLOD isnt my prob. 
frown.gif
crossing my fingers.. $40 is too good to be true.. im gonna keep looking around. 

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

how long does YLOD fix last? i heard you need to get it fixed every other month smh

it depends what they did to the system. if all they do is reflow it the system may last a month or two, but the best method is to re-ball the CPU or GPU.

re-balling looks for any cracked connections and solders the connections with lead based solder. systems now a days are required by law to have a lead free solder

causing systems to have a high failure rate
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=579364

How long did it take you? I might rent that next week.
Also, while on the subject of trophies...some more tips for everyone. 

Dirt 3: This game is alot of fun. Alot of easy trophies. The craziest thing about this game is that you can make it incredibly easy, so you dont have to be good at racing game AT ALL. The easiest difficulty BRAKES FOR YOU. All you literally have to do is steer and hold the gas. That's it. I'm pretty decent at racing games, so I have it set on intermediate difficulty, but with no driver aids. Only difficult trophies are the DC challenge trophies dealing with Platinum finishes (very difficult) but thats only 1 or 2 trophies.

Brink: Played briefly, but it has alot of VERY easy silvers. If anyone wants to play some Brink, let me know.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

First platinum obtain- had a few 95%+ completions but finally got 100%.
Terminator Salvation? 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it does not get any easier
Congrats on the first Plat!

And if you wanna pass that Terminator game my way for Alone in the Dark, that would be sweet. I can't find Terminator in my city anywhere.

I'm at 46% trophies for Alone in the Dark, I'll try to plat when I get some time to play this weekend.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Terminator Salvation? 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it does not get any easier
Congrats on the first Plat!

And if you wanna pass that Terminator game my way for Alone in the Dark, that would be sweet. I can't find Terminator in my city anywhere.

I'm at 46% trophies for Alone in the Dark, I'll try to plat when I get some time to play this weekend.
Sounds like a deal. i bought mine off ebay from someone from Montreal

empirestrikesfirst- It took about 4 hours, very straight forward. Story is very boring though and the aiming system needs work

Supreme, not that it helps now but for anyone else who plans on playing it you should turn down the right stick sensitivity to about 1/3 of the way. Helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom