PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via ps3.ign.com

Sony: PS3 'purchase intent' nearly doubled since Kevin Butler campaign
kevbut.jpg

Like all responsible journalists worth their salt, we're inherently distrustful of advertising and the incredible power it wields over us -- err, rather consumers. But we feel like you deserve to know that there's a special place in our coldly detached hearts for pretend PS3 pitchman Kevin Butler. And we're apparently not alone.

According to what SCEA marketing boss Peter Dille told the MI6 marketing conference in San Francisco last week, purchasing intent for the PS3 is up 36 percent since the "It Only Does Everything" campaign started last year. Now, does the price drop that accompanied the campaign figure into that? Of course. But according to IGN, Dille added, "we know from research that consumers are more educated as well."

It looks like Kevin doesn't need to sweat Craig any longer.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Finally bought a ps3 on Friday
pimp.gif

What are some must-have games?

Oh boy, lets see.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1 & 2
Bioshock 1 & 2
Fallout 3
Modern Warfare 2 (to play online with people)
   or
Battlefield 2 (if you want a more realistic game)
God of War (the collection)
Heavy Rain (if you want a more cinematic game experience)
GTA 4
Street Fighter 4 (from what I hear)

There's more, I'm sure. But these will keep you busy for a while
happy.gif

pimp.gif

- God Of War Collection.
- God Of War III
- Uncharted 1 & 2
- MLB 10 The Show
- Heavy Rain

So I downloaded and played the demo for Just Cause 2 and was not impressed with the game at all.

Does the demo just suck compared to the final retail version that's out right now?

The game got pretty good reviews from the usual gaming websites.

Originally Posted by Noskey

pimp.gif

Oh boy, lets see.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1 & 2
Bioshock 1 & 2
Fallout 3
   or
GTA 4

happy.gif

inFAMOUS
Batman Arkham Asylum
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time
NFS: Shift
Dirt 2

Originally Posted by mamazboi125

Originally Posted by Noskey

pimp.gif

Oh boy, lets see.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1 & 2
Bioshock 1 & 2
Fallout 3
   or
GTA 4

happy.gif

inFAMOUS
Batman Arkham Asylum
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time
NFS: Shift
Dirt 2

Demon Soul's
Fat Princess (PSN)
Skate 3

[h1]Call of Duty 7, according to dev[/h1]You may not realise it, but there’s a lot of juicy information aboutthe as-yet-unnamed 7th title in the Call of Duty series sitting ontheir official forums. Specifically, Treyarch dev Vahn (real name DavidVonderhaar – he’s the Multiplayer Design Director for the upcoming CoDgame) has posted several tidbits in a thread on killstreak rewards forthe forthcoming Call of Duty game – while some of this representspersonal opinion, some of what he has to say may well represent theshape that their game is beginning to take.
The main message that he wants to stress is that Treyarch do listento their community to the point that they read every single suggestionthat is put to them. It seems we can expect to see a much more roundedgame than Modern Warfare 2, as many posters on the Treyarch boards havecalled on the devs to learn from Infinity Ward’s mistakes and Vahn hasexpressed his agreement on more than one occasion.

In terms of actual game details, here’s a synopsis of what we can deduce from Vahn’s posts:
  • While they’ve tried having custom killstreaks for each class, thatseemed to complicate the ‘purity and speed’ of Create a Class.
  • Consequently, it’s fair to assume that customizable killstreaks are all but confirmed.
  • At this stage in development, killstreaks stack and carry over if you die, but do not contribute to further killstreaks (hence eliminating the ‘camping for killstreaks’ problem of Modern Warfare 2).
  • Treyarch are not fans of Commando, the extended melee range perk in Modern Warfare 2, and it is unlikely to return.
  • They’ve tried a ‘manned’ version of the Sentry Gun killstreak, but weren’t fans.
  • We may well see a return to pistols as the only available sidearm,or perhaps a choice between pistols and launchers. Vahn and many of theteam are not fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons– it gives a player ‘too much firepower’.
  • The knife may well become a secondary weapon – although Vahn didn’t want to say too much.
  • Finally, don’t expect the nuke to return as a killstreak. Vahn says they are not fans of a game-ending killstreak

Team Canada

The Source has
Resistance 2 ----- .96 Cents
Little big planet:GOTY ---- 14.96

Got to love The Source (Call ahead since they will sell out FAST)

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5511553/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-kicks-off-world-tour[/h1]
[h1]Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Kicks Off World Tour[/h1]
500x_custom_1270650442152_worldtour.jpg
To help stoke interest in upcoming Playstation Portable exclusive Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, game creator Hideo Kojima will be traveling the world over the next three months to promote the game.

The Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker World Tour 2010 kicks off in Tokyo on April 29 and wraps up nearly three months later in Los Cabos, Mexico on July 25.

Here's the full run down of stops:

April 29: Tokyo, Japan
May 1: Nagoya, Japan
May 2: Osaka, Japan
May 6: Seoul, Korea
May 7: Taipei, Taiwan
May 9: Hong Kong, China
June 11: New York, USA
June 13: Los Angeles, USA
June 17: Paris, France
June 18: London, UK
June 19: London, UK
July 25: Los Cabos, Mexico

I got some of my MGS4 games signed by him (bringing fam to wait in line to get your stuff signed is great) when he was in New York for MGS4 back in 2008.

Anyone think I should get him to sign my ps3? I know I should be able to get atleast 2 items signed last time I got him to sign three items (my MGS 1,3,4).
140kheo.jpg

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Im in Newfoundland right now, so only a few stores were sold out
...must....refrain....from....Newfie.....jokes.....

roll.gif
roll.gif

It wont offend me, I'm from Toronto just here for grad school.
Newfoundland is okay. Once you spend some time here, you will like it

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

So I downloaded and played the demo for Just Cause 2 and was not impressed with the game at all.

Does the demo just suck compared to the final retail version that's out right now?

The game got pretty good reviews from the usual gaming websites.
Yeah, the demo could have been better.  What kinda turned me away was the desert settling, it was way too barren and void for a demo.  Had the demo started in the city or something, I would probably have a different opinion about the game. 

Back
Top Bottom