PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

after the update is anyone having issues. my HDMI keeps dropping, red lines across the screen, and popping noises
i had some weird staticy noise while playing mw2 last night no ones mic was going off...it  lasted about 3-5 seconds
yea the same problem im having but they last much longer
ive only had problems with my hdmi when playing cod4. this was before the firmware upgrade. audio drops randomly, so i just unplug then plug it back in.

yea i re-plugged it and it started working again

do u guys know the best audio settings for yhe ps3?

i dont have surround sound yet so i wanna have yhe best for right now, thx in advance

Via playstationlifestyle.net

David Jaffe Closer Than Ever to Revealing Game
ohthatstwisted.png

Hey all- well I gotta say, I have not been this busy in a looong while. And it’s really, really good. I love being slammed when the stuff we’re slammed with are real, concrete game making tasks. This phase of the game is fantastic, where the pieces SLOWLY start falling into place and you- finally- begin to get glimpses of what you wanted the game to be from the very start. Still a long way to go and still not close to having the game of our dreams yet but we’re working our #*%!$ off to get there….

Via www.examiner.com

New PSOne Classics Revealed by ESRB
esrb.png

The latest ESRB listing update revealed three Playstation games that will become PSOne Classics in the near future.

Headlining the latest batch is Star Wars: Dark Forces, a first-person shooter set in the popular Star Wars universe. The other two games are from the XS Junior League sports series: XS Airboat Racing and XS Jr. League Dodgeball.

As with the case for most PSOne Classics, all three upcoming releases will be re-published by Sony Computer Entertainment America. Look for Star Wars: Dark Forces, XS Airboat Racing and XS Jr. League Dodgeball soon on the Playstation Store for the PSP and Playstation 3.

Via thegameraccess.com

Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer Details Coming Next Week
RedDeadRedemption_83785_screen.jpg

Rockstar: "Next week, we will start revealing what we have in store for you in the Multiplayer modes of Red Dead Redemption.
We believe this game sets a new benchmark for open world multiplayer gaming and are very excited to be talking about it properly.
Get your wild bunch ready."

I can't wait for this game! Rockstar said it's there most ambitious title to date, bigger and better than GTAIV. 

Via playstrum.spruz.com

Heavy Rain Sells Over A Million, Becomes Quantic Dream's Fastest Seller
Heavy-Rain-Hands-On-Preview.jpg

Heavy Rain, popular among the gaming industry for taking the road less traveled by, became an unpredictable success in the eyes of many, including David Cage himself. As the estimated numbers show, Heavy Rain managed to sell over 1,000,000 with just over a month of public exposure. Quantic Dream were taking big risks with their vision and expected (like many others) to see a low number and less-than-flattering reviews reflecting it. What resulted was much more pleasing.

The game ultimately met great ratings and great sales as well, equaling a massive success for the company. To journalists in the industry, these numbers proved that the average consumer is absolutely unpredictable. Although total numbers have yet to be released, Quantic Dream's PlayStation 3 exclusive already sold over 1,000,000 copies and manages to hold strong in the Top 20 over a month later.

Past games developed by Quantic Dream include Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit. According to QD, Fahrenheit also met commercial success and managed to sell over 800,000 copies since it's 2005 release across multiple platforms. It is unknown exactly how much QD managed to make from their first title, released on PC and Dreamcast called Omikron: The Nomad Soul. However, Omikron 2 has been confirmed to be in the works as of April 2005.

Via examiner.com

Gamers Looking to Sue Sony Over Firmware 3.21
100402182633resized_ps3fw.jpg

Earlier this week, Sony initiated a firmware update that would remove the option of installing your own operating system on your PS3. With some running Linux on their PS3s, this mandatory firmware update angered that audience, but the reason behind the removal of such a feature was to diminish the potential threat of software piracy on the PS3. This forceful action is not sitting well with consumers and now PS3 owners that have been affected by the firmware are firing back at Sony by issuing complaints to the FCC and the BBB.

Several gaming forums and websites have had this message plastered:

"Feel free to forward this to anyone that was affected by the 3.21 update. Twittet, Facebook, post it on news sites.

If you have been affected by Sony's 3.21 update file a complaint to the BBB and the FTC and your corresponding Attorney General.

It is very easy and completely online forms. Just go to the respective websites

www. bbb .org / us / --- click on file a complaint

www. ftccomplaintassistant .gov --- click on complaint assistant

NOTE: Delete the spaces in the URL's above

Here is the address for SCEA
Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
919 E Hillsdale Blvd 2nd Floor "

Most who have installed their operating system on their PS3s are not pirating software, but they may be utilizing other functions on their PS3 to better DVD performance or other aspects. The main reason gamers are up in arms about this change is that Sony once urged people to install their own operating system on the system, and now Sony is backtracking on those statements by removing the functionality. With this type of move occurring, many wonder what will Sony remove next via a firmware update. The most extreme example used is backwards compatibility next, though that won't be happening.

With such a move made, Sony had to expect a mountain of backfire from the gaming community and it's certainly pouring in. Whether these complaints will go anywhere or succumb to anything isn't apparent at the moment, but it's worth keeping an eye on. As of now, Sony hasn't made anymore statements about the removal and still stands by their decision to do so.

It's not THAT serious, really, it's NOT.

after the update is anyone having issues. my HDMI keeps dropping, red lines across the screen, and popping noises
i had some weird staticy noise while playing mw2 last night no ones mic was going off...it  lasted about 3-5 seconds
ive only had problems with my hdmi when playing cod4. this was before the firmware upgrade. audio drops randomly, so i just unplug then plug it back in.
I've had these problems with the red lines also after the update I got scared I might get YLOD (OG launch 60 gb) and turned it off replugged and then it worked fine but I get the red lines once in while still

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

I've had these problems with the red lines also after the update I got scared I might get YLOD (OG launch 60 gb) and turned it off replugged and then it worked fine but I get the red lines once in while still
yea some people on the playstation forums have the same problem

This update really pissed me off. I can't get on PSN anymore, although I can get on the Internet with no problem. I tried restoring the default settings and went as far as doing a full format of the system and I still keep getting timed out
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at the PS3 selling for MSRP with no deals, like ever. Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 gets great deals every damn week.

That just means the PS3 is selling well while the 360 is showing its age, but still, I want to get in on the PS3 scene. I got 4 games for it (all on sale) already

just got Batman:AA for $20 with that B1G1HalfOff from TRU..
i need to stop ive bought The Sabotuer & Batman:AA this week alone, and i still wanna pick up GOW3 & MLB:The Show10..
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via playstationlifestyle.net

David Jaffe Closer Than Ever to Revealing Game
ohthatstwisted.png

Hey all- well I gotta say, I have not been this busy in a looong while. And it’s really, really good. I love being slammed when the stuff we’re slammed with are real, concrete game making tasks. This phase of the game is fantastic, where the pieces SLOWLY start falling into place and you- finally- begin to get glimpses of what you wanted the game to be from the very start. Still a long way to go and still not close to having the game of our dreams yet but we’re working our #*%!$ off to get there….

SMH.. (what happened to the SMH emoticon?  it doesn't show up for me)  Twisted Metal was my %!$@ back in the day.
pimp.gif

twisted metal is a clasdic series (except for part3)

the online for this game will be epic

Via andriasang.com

Final Fantasy IX confirmed for release on Japanese PSN
ff9326.jpg

If you're wondering who you need to talk to in order to get your beloved PS1 RPGs onto the PlayStation Store, we're thinking Shinji Hashimoto is the man who gets things done. Last week, he said he was planning on "proposing" bringing Final Fantasy IX to the PSN -- this week, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada confirmed that the game would soon join FFVII and FFVIII on the PS3's Japanese digital storefront. No release date or pricing details have been released so far.

Impressive, Mr. Hashimoto. Most impressive. But we bet you can't do it again for Chrono Cross. Oh, and while you're at it, we bet you can't get Vagrant Story localized for U.S. release. C'mon. We dare you.

Just put in my preorder at Amazon for Red Dead Redemption, I can't wait. Can't go wrong with extra content and a $10 gift card.
pimp.gif

good thing i finished playing god of war cause i broke my arm again at six flags. but i cant play street fighter......

Originally Posted by TBwsf

what buy one get 50% off? online? or in store only

Notorious 858
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just copped The Saboteur for $21.75 with the eastore.com deal.
pimp.gif

TBwsf- doorbusters friday-saturday only...
grin.gif

Notorious 858- well worth the money, i just sat down to play it today and i think its great...
happy.gif

My picture cuts out momentarily.  Anyone got a fix for this?

Back
Top Bottom