PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I was just wondering what they would consider a success being multi-platform now.

100% a success.

Also, interesting tidbits that were talked about a long time ago but are still valid:

It's always a challenge to do multiplatform -- how did you address the multiplatform issue for contemporary systems?

Actually, there's SPUs for PS3, and multicore for 360 already [optimized]. What really matters is the size of VRAM. But the VRAM size can be handled by adjusting texture sizing, so that can be taken care of. In that sense, I don't think it's that big of a deal that you have to start with the PS3, technically. The PS3 is a very powerful machine, and it's very expansive. So as long as the converting process can be handled correctly, it shouldn't be a problem.

Considering that Japan's developers have complained about Western engines being primarily in English, would you ever consider licensing out the Crystal Tools to other developers, like Epic does in America?

We have considered that option, but at this point, considering preparing the documentation and the support costs, even if we don't think it's impossible...at this point, we are not doing that.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by vintuc

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]Toriyama: Next story-driven Final Fantasy will be more open than FFXIII[/h2]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
except for the fact this wont see the light of day for at least 3 years damn

Fixed.
Fixed.

Crystal Tools is finished and streamlined. FF XV should be about done in the next 3 years.

I'm glad I lowered everyone's expectations in here and that most of ya'll are enjoying the game. I never said it was total garbage I just said it was sub par compared to previous versions. Which I still stand by.

My biggest complaint has been and is lack of content. Granted, it looks amazing and there's nothing else besides avatar (the movie NOT the game) that is on par with it's visuals. But I'm used to dropping 80-100 hours on FF. You can get through the story in 40-50 and there's not much nothing to do after that.

PS: Chris, you digging that Australian accent? or are you into Snow's 12 year old wife
laugh.gif
Snow is a pedophile
smh.gif

my long awaited return has finally arrived...

Battousai701 is back!!!
pimp.gif

copped the slim + FFXIII + GOW collection just in time for GOWIII

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

Can anyone school me on Socom 4? I used to play s2 heavy, is it going to be more like that or that socom that is already on the ps3? That game doesn't really feel like socom, i need my socom fix
laugh.gif

its being made by zipper just like all the other proper installments unlike confrontation which was made by slant 6
Ah Zipper is back
pimp.gif
sounds good thanks alot.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Battousai701 is back!!!
pimp.gif

250GB? Your MW2 ranking fell off hard.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Can anyone school me on Socom 4? I used to play s2 heavy, is it going to be more like that or that socom that is already on the ps3? That game doesn't really feel like socom, i need my socom fix
laugh.gif

its being made by zipper just like all the other proper installments unlike confrontation which was made by slant 6
Ah Zipper is back
pimp.gif
sounds good thanks alot.

is there a cover system? i was watching those Playstation Move videos and it looks like they added a cover system. If so i do not like that

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/sony-scott-rohde-interview-on-playstation-move/[/h2]
[h2]Interview: Sony's Scott Rohde on PlayStation Move[/h2]
by Andrew Yoon { Mar 11th 2010 at 1:25PM }

moveuibnt1.jpg

Sony Worldwide Studios VP Scott Rohde had the onerous task of introducing the first PlayStation Movegames at Sony's GDC press conference last night. We caught up with theexecutive after the show to talk about Sony's plans for exploitingmotion control and if hardcore gamers should be concerned about thefuture of the PS3 games library.

Our complete interview with Rohde follows:

It's obviously going to take internal resources to developgames for PlayStation Move. How can you guarantee that this won't takeaway from the resources devoted to traditional hardcore games?

Scott Rohde: The bottom line is, you know Worldwide Studios is a hugeorganization. I'm not sure exactly where it sits among other globalpublishers, but it's right up there. There's a lot of resources putinto product development. I'm pretty proud of the roll that we've beenon -- with Uncharted 2 kind of sweeping the awards recently.

There's plenty of resources to go around. It's our heritage: we'renever going to compromise our core; great exclusive games. This is anew initiative to us. Some teams are looking into how they mightincorporate motion control into some existing plans; others are totallyfocused on making the best sequels to the games we all love. It's notsomething I'm worried about.
Would you say there's a corporate mandate for teams to explore motion control implementation?

It's something that's interesting about Sony that's perhaps differentfrom other publishers is that we really allow creativity to run itscourse. Everything from the way a studio is run, to the types of gamesthat are developed. I don't think you'd see a game like Heavy Rain come out of too many places. Even a game like LittleBigPlanet when it was originally conceived -- it took some guts to really get it out there.

Same thing with the motion controller. There are certain groups withinWorldwide Studios that are head over heels in love with the idea ofcreating new motion-controlled games and bringing new audiences in.Others are focused on: "Hey, we're focused on bringing you the nextgreat sequel for the next great game." Corporate mandate? No. But a lotof people are jumping on board because they're excited about it.

Sports Champions reminds us a lot of another collection of sports games on a competing platform. Who's behind that title?

That's a new studio we work with, within San Diego Studios, and that'sa perfect example of us acquiring a new resource to build thisspecifically for us.

A new team that hasn't worked with Sony until the Move controller?

That's correct.

Has Sony partnered up with many new teams to work on motion games?

The short answer is "yes." We're always looking at new developmentresources. We have a lot of products that we're building. It'ssomething that I'm quite proud of; the sheer number of titles thatWorldwide Studios puts out every year. We're always looking atdifferent development resources.

moveuibnt2.jpg

[Sports Champions]

Sony mentioned that we can expect about 20 titles by the end of the fiscal year. How many can we expect at launch?

I'm not sure if first-and third-party titles -- if that's the number we're quoting. [Editor's note: That's the number stated during the press conference.]

From my perspective, there's a lot that we have in the works, more thanwhat we showed today and the third parties are all engaged. But I don'tknow what the specific number is for launch.

Could you estimate what percentage of upcoming Sony games will support Move?

I don't have a specific number, so I'm going to give you a vague answerhere: Like I said earlier, a lot of different teams are looking intoit. What's key about the way we're addressing is this: if you look at SOCOM 4,when we started that game, [Move] wasn't in the plans. When we handedthe motion controller to that team, we said, "Hey, we want you toexperiment with this."

The prototype was running in just a couple of days, and the very tinyoverhead didn't affect that code at all. So we're really excited abouthaving that type of interaction, plus new teams bringing totally newideas to the table. Percentage? I don't know off hand, but a lot ofteams are looking into this.

What kind of overhead does the Move take? That's been one of the concerns of Microsoft's Project Natal.

I'm not going to give you a number, but I will say it's insignificant. And this is coming from firsthand experience with SOCOM 4. If it had a significant impact, we wouldn't be looking at it today. It's that simple.

moveuibnt3.jpg

[SOCOM 4]

One of our biggest concerns about Move is the potential for itto lead to an excess of minigame collections. Look what's happened onthe Wii -- gamers have grown tired of the surplus of shovelware. Yettoday, we're seeing exactly those kinds of games for Move. Isn't theresome concern that consumers have grown apathetic to this strategy?

It's obviously a concern of ours as well. But, we've taken advantage of the fact that it is a PS3. Sports Champions,for example, has been in development for a while. We're not announcingit yet, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the scope that'soffered in that title. These are not just one-off, "hey, play tabletennis for fun." There's an overall objective that crosses over all thedifferent events in that title, and there's a lot of long-term playvalue in there.

How are most of the Move games going to be distributed? Itseems like many of these games would be better suited for PSN, insteadof retail disc release.

I think the PlayStation Network is an integrated part of what we do.It's a great distribution channel for us. It's a great way for if wehappen to have a smaller idea that doesn't make sense to put on aBlu-ray. Why not? Why not distribute it through the PSN? Absolutely.

What happens to "SixAxis" (in the DulaShock controller) now that theMove is coming out? Will we see even fewer titles supporting thatfeature?

I don't think so. To me, it's a simple thing to integrate as well. Ifsomeone feels they've got a control mechanic that would be fun with theSixAxis, then why not? If they want to take that to another level, theMove can do a lot more than that.

One thing we haven't mentioned yet, that colored ball on top isactually my favorite feature of the new device. There's a little bit ofmagic there, when you're playing a game and something happens in thegame, and suddenly it changes from green to red in your hand. That's akind of different experience, something you haven't seen before. I'mpretty confident you'll see people utilizing the SixAxis and taking abigger shot at the motion control.

Why did it take so long to unveil the "Move" name?

If you can imagine, it's like any other big corporation. There are alot of different ideas. We're global as a publisher, so differentregions have different preferences for how something should be named. Alot of people were involved in that process, but we're very confidentthat the name we chose really conveys what the motion controller is allabout. It's all about movement, right? So the "PlayStation Move" iswhat we settled on as a global name, and we love it.

img6569.jpg

[PlayStation Move logo]

Is there a reason why the Move logo doesn't look like the letter "M"?

It's representing movement! That's an interesting question, I don'tthink anyone's ever asked me that question. It's supposed to representthe swipe of the controller. To me, when I saw it the first time: "It'ssomeone moving the controller. It's a swipe."

[Editor's note: It's been suggestedthat the Move logo is also representative of the letter "A" -- for"Arc," a reported working title for Sony's motion controller.]

Sony noted that 36 companies are going to support Move, but there's no evidence here. Why were there no third-party games shown at the unveiling event?

So, you have seen EA's announcement recently about Tiger Woods.We researched this technology for a long time internally. It'ssomething that I think we have a big advantage over some of ourcompetition because Worldwide Studios is so broad.

While we were finalizing our technology, we put a lot of games intodevelopment. When we finalized it, that's when we were able to give theSDKs and the controllers to the third parties, and what we're happyabout is how engaged they were. They were very, very engaged andliterally excited about what they could do with this controller.They're all on board, and they're all very excited.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/medal-of-honor-preview/[/h2]
[h2]Impressions: Medal of Honor[/h2]
by Andrew Yoon { Mar 11th 2010 at 4:00AM }

It's impossible to avoid comparisons between EA's upcoming Medal of Honor reboot and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare series ... so, I'll just get it out of the way: Medal of Honor unapologetically follows in the footsteps of Call of Duty. In fact, I'm willing to raise the possibility that Medal of Honor could be the "true" sequel to the Call of Duty 4 campaign many of us are still waiting for after suffering through Modern Warfare 2's increasingly preposterous storyline.

Recently, I got a peek at a new Medal of Honor trailer which lays it out like this: There are two sides to every war: the sledgehammer and the scalpel. What Call of Duty 4did so well was to portray exactly how these two components work intandem, as it featured scenarios in which large assaults aided smallelite forces, and vice versa. Medal of Honor promises torecreate similar battlefield situations, with the "scalpel" representedby the Tier 1 Operators, an elite branch of SOCOM.

[h3]Gallery: Medal of Honor (GDC)[/h3]
The "sledgehammer" portion of Medal of Honorwas not shown during my recent "hands-off" demo, but what I did see ofthe "scalpel" showed incredible promise. Military buffs will appreciatethe game's incredible attention to detail, particularly to tacticalformations. The one level I saw in action encouraged methodicalmovement through mountainous terrain. If you listen to the advice ofyour squad, you'll be in position to ambush your enemies; you alwayshave the tactical advantage in a firefight.

Even without a deep interest in the military, Medal of Honor's attention to detail will still be appreciated by any gamer. Fans of Modern Warfare's"aha" moments, when a well placed soldier performs a stealth takedownon an unsuspecting enemy, will be pleased to see similar actions returnin Medal of Honor. In fact, most of the animations featuredin the game are impressive. Your squad moves through environments in acompletely believable way, checking their corners, and assisting eachother through the vertical territory of Afghanistan. Enemy animationsare even more impressive, with the AI reacting realistically to theaction at hand.

In one segment, I saw two unsuspecting enemy soldiers engaged inconversation with each other. When one was shot by a Tier 1 squadmember, the other responded with the appropriate amount of surprise,cowering in fear, then scrambling for cover.

Medal of Honor
looked remarkably polished, even thoughthe build I saw was only 60-percent complete, according to itsproducer. In its current state, it's playable from beginning to end;and the rest of the development time (the game's due this summer) will be devoted to play-testing and further polish.

The producer confirmed that development is being led on the PS3, and hereiterated Sony's previous claims that a game that starts out on Sony'shardware will be better suited for multiplatform production;[table][tr][td] [h2]It could be the "true" sequel to the Call of Duty 4 campaign.[/h2] [/td] [/tr][/table]benefiting both PS3 and Xbox 360. The PS3 demo I saw ran at avery solid framerate, although it appeared to be displaying in a sub-HDresolution. Regardless, I was still impressed by the current build'smore-than-solid performance.

Medal of Honor's fundamental gameplay should be familiar territory for Call of Dutyveterans, as it features similar quick-look and lock-shootingmechanics. Gadgetry is also handled in much the same way, with playersable to call in air strikes by confirming marked targets through nightvision. In short, Medal of Honor unabashedly apes Modern Warfare, and it seems its developer, EA Los Angeles, has taken the "if it ain't broke" philosophy to heart.

From what little of the game I saw, it doesn't appear Medal of Honor'ssingle-player campaign will revolutionize the FPS genre; however, EA isstill taking a rather bold step in attempting to recreate a real,modern conflict, while approaching it respectfully and with finesse. Ican only hope that the "sledgehammer" portion of the campaign willmaintain the same tone, without having to resort to way over-the-top escapades.

Of course, in order for Medal of Honor to successfully compete with the Call of Dutybrand, EA will need to offer much more than a compelling single-playercampaign. Unfortunately, the DICE-developed multiplayer mode was notbeing shown yet. More intriguing, though, I spotted the addition of athird mode, "Project Mercury," in the build's main menu. It wasn'tsomething I was supposed to see (and no EA representative wouldcomment) -- so I can only postulate that the mode could be similar tothe Spec Ops co-op missions featured in Modern Warfare 2.

Clearly, there's a lot more of Medal of Honor we've yetto see. And what this first look at the game's single-player campaignlacked in innovation it made up for in potential. I'm definitely eagerto see and play more.

Battousai701 is back!!!
pimp.gif

250GB? Your MW2 ranking fell off hard.
laugh.gif

120gb... 250gb is sold out everywhere here in NY

my ranking fell off on mw2?
laugh.gif
i gotta check that out later. im pretty sure my win ratio is on swag status compared to most of the people here on nt.

Really I am not digging that Australian accent so far, or it might be that she is usually with that forgy little boy that annoys the hell out of me. (I am only about 2 hours in).

And i dont know I think move looks kinda cool I was thinking about getting a wii, makes for good drinking games lol now maybe i wont need to.

To all you guys who are currently playing FFXIII right now, would you recommend it to someone whos never played FF before? Im about to be on spring break and I want a game that I can really put some time into. If Ill be totally lost though, I wont bother. Should I buy it? Also, is there any specific FF i should buy from PSN to maybe introduce me to the storyline?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

To all you guys who are currently playing FFXIII right now, would you recommend it to someone whos never played FF before? Im about to be on spring break and I want a game that I can really put some time into. If Ill be totally lost though, I wont bother. Should I buy it? Also, is there any specific FF i should buy from PSN to maybe introduce me to the storyline?

Thanks!
Final Fantasy storylines don't follow each other.  (Well there's some exceptions, but that doesn't matter here.)

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Thanks!
Final Fantasy storylines don't follow each other.  (Well there's some exceptions, but that doesn't matter here.)

So would you recommend XIII to someone who is for the most part clueless to the rest of the series? For example I dont think I would ever recommend mgs4 to anyone who hasnt played mgs, simply because theres so much to the experience that wouldnt really fit together.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Thanks!

So would you recommend XIII to someone who is for the most part clueless to the rest of the series? For example I dont think I would ever recommend mgs4 to anyone who hasnt played mgs, simply because theres so much to the experience that wouldnt really fit together.

I haven't even played FF13 yet so I don't know.  The new battle system is supposed to be sick, but complicated.

If you're worried about it being too hard for a first timer, just play FF7 first.  Everyone should have played that game at least once in their life anyways.
laugh.gif

[h1]
Map Pack Battle Between EA And Activision
[/h1][h2]
EA offers help to avoid 'mapathy.'
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

March 11, 2010 - Electronic Arts announced that its second VIP map pack for Battlefield Bad Company 2 will be released on March 30, the same day as new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map pack.
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Whose side are you on?

The new Bad Company 2 map pack is free on all platforms for those of you who entered your VIP codes that came with the game. Here's what you'll get:

- Arica Harbor Conquest mode - US Command launches a break through action directly at the Russian base. Collateral damage is of no consequence. Capture and secure tactical positions in Conquest Mode across the vast Arica Harbor map.

- Laguna Presa Rush mode - The valley and surrounding mountains possess a strategic value in the battle for South America, and an infantry assault supported by light armor vehicles is likely by both armies as US forces defend the nearby Dam.

Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus Package' is releasing first on Xbox Live. Activision said the announcement for the PC and PS3 release date is coming soon. No details about the maps have been revealed.

Thanks for the insight guys. I think Ill buy XIII and start up on it. I dont mind the difficulty at all, my main concern was whether I'd be lost as far as story goes. If I remember correctly XIII is much more linear than the other games right? In that case I'll probably get started on XIII and play VII after. Since theyre totally different itll be a nice change of pace.

Man I can't even remember the last time I bought a game at a retailer. I usually go with Amazon.
smh.gif
at me for hesitating on the 10 dollar off + release date delivery deal they had a while back. Best Buy it is.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Battousai701 is back!!!
pimp.gif

spacer.gif
boost... i dont get it. why did u quote me without saying anything?

i havent been on like over 2 months. been playing ffxiii and gowii.

anyways, KLIQ reunion tonight!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
everyone get on mw2 and/or cod4. i should be online again around 11pm est.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Battousai701 is back!!!
pimp.gif

spacer.gif

2uyr95y.gif
boost... i dont get it. why did u quote me without saying anything?

i havent been on like over 2 months. been playing ffxiii and gowii.

anyways, KLIQ reunion tonight!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
everyone get on mw2 and/or cod4. i should be online again around 11pm est.
eyes.gif

^^^ it seemed a little laggy in general. After playing MW2, COD4 is easy... no rumble was irking me too.

Back
Top Bottom