PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

For the people who owned a 60 gig and now own a Slim, do you miss the BC? I'm just wondering.

Not really. Once I got a PS3 I hardly touched any of my PS2 games.

BTW

Dual Shock 3 > Playstation Move.

dang, i hop my fat 80gb ps3 doesn't give out on me yet, even though i barely use it.
but once god of war 3 is here. oh boy.

maddog345 do the blow dryer trick,......go on youtube, it will show u how to do it....it brings ps3s back to life

Just got the sixth character.... battles are really starting to pick up... you have to fly through paradigm shifts.

Game has been just amazing so far. I can't wait to hit Pulse.

Yea it took me a few battles to get used to the paradigm shifts. But now I got them down pact for the most part. I just hope my OG 60GB doesn't YLOD on me. I'm somewhere in the middle or towards the end of the forest with Sazh and the girl after the party split.

And I don't know, Hybrid really downplayed the game so my expectations were originally very low. But I guess that was a good thing because I'm enjoying the game. Sure it doesn't allow exploration like the others. But this is still very similar to the way that FF10 was like and even FF12 to some extent. I mean, just from the visuals, the game was worth the purchase to me.

Question is after I finish this and GOW3, should I buy WKC?

Hey if anybody got ylod trust just fix it yourself. I got ylod like 2 weeks ago and fixed my @%!% a few days ago. FUUUUU Sony with a $150 charge + shipping

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Yeait took me a few battles to get used to the paradigm shifts. But now Igot them down pact for the most part. I just hope my OG 60GB doesn'tYLOD on me. I'm somewhere in the middle or towards the end of theforest with Sazh and the girl after the party split.

And I don't know, Hybrid really downplayed the game so my expectationswere originally very low. But I guess that was a good thing because I'menjoying the game. Sure it doesn't allow exploration like the others.But this is still very similar to the way that FF10 was like and evenFF12 to some extent. I mean, just from the visuals, the game was worththe purchase to me.

am at the same spot as u on FFXIII haha.. this far into the game only the bulbasaur guy was fun to fight so far.. the cut scenes have been cool too though.. and Vanille... 
embarassed.gif

Can anyone school me on Socom 4? I used to play s2 heavy, is it going to be more like that or that socom that is already on the ps3? That game doesn't really feel like socom, i need my socom fix
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

Can anyone school me on Socom 4? I used to play s2 heavy, is it going to be more like that or that socom that is already on the ps3? That game doesn't really feel like socom, i need my socom fix
laugh.gif

its being made by zipper just like all the other proper installments unlike confrontation which was made by slant 6

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Yea it took me a few battles to get used to the paradigm shifts. But now I got them down pact for the most part. I just hope my OG 60GB doesn't YLOD on me. I'm somewhere in the middle or towards the end of the forest with Sazh and the girl after the party split.

And I don't know, Hybrid really downplayed the game so my expectations were originally very low. But I guess that was a good thing because I'm enjoying the game. Sure it doesn't allow exploration like the others. But this is still very similar to the way that FF10 was like and even FF12 to some extent. I mean, just from the visuals, the game was worth the purchase to me.

I'd say yes. Its ALOT more classic JRPG. Building your own town is fun as hell too.

I see where Hybrid was coming from, but I have to say, the story is strong enough (so far) that the cut scene/battle combo has kept me glued.

I think after this and GOW3 (roomate is copping, so I'll just wait until he is done it) I am going to go with Start Ocean International.

Due to my 60GB mishap, I'll have to restart WKC
grin.gif

[h1]
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]
GDC 10: Gran Turismo 5 Coming This Year
[/h1][h2]
Racing fans get reassurance.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

March 10, 2010 - Yes, Gran Turismo 5 is coming this year.

During tonight's Game Developer Conference show in San Francisco, SCEA VP of marketing Peter Dille assured fans the long-awaited racer from Polyphony Digital would be coming this year.

Gran Turismo was originally scheduled to arrive this past March in Japan, but the title was delayed to allow for more production time.

No new release date was given.
[/h1]

roll.gif

[h2]Toriyama: Next story-driven Final Fantasy will be more open than FFXIII[/h2]
March 11th, 2010 @ 10:31
By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii31.jpg

Motomu Toriyama has said the next story-driven Final Fantasy gamewill be more open-world then Final Fantasy XIII’s mostly linearapproach.

Speaking with Gama,however, the FFXIII writer stressed how hard it was to try to getfree-roaming stuff and towns into a game with the HD consoles.

“Personally, the Final Fantasies that I have worked on have beenvery story-driven, so in terms of the development I wanted to, ofcourse, use my personal strengths which where those,

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]Toriyama: Next story-driven Final Fantasy will be more open than FFXIII[/h2]

March 11th, 2010 @ 10:31

By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii31.jpg

Motomu Toriyama has said the next story-driven Final Fantasy game
will be more open-world then Final Fantasy XIII’s mostly linear
approach.

Speaking with Gama,
however, the FFXIII writer stressed how hard it was to try to get
free-roaming stuff and towns into a game with the HD consoles.

“Personally, the Final Fantasies that I have worked on have been
very story-driven, so in terms of the development I wanted to, of
course, use my personal strengths which where those,

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by vintuc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
except for the fact this wont see the light of day for at least 3 years damn

Fixed.
Fixed.

Crystal Tools is finished and streamlined. FF XV should be about done in the next 3 years.

I'm glad I lowered everyone's expectations in here and that most of ya'll are enjoying the game. I never said it was total garbage I just said it was sub par compared to previous versions. Which I still stand by.

My biggest complaint has been and is lack of content. Granted, it looks amazing and there's nothing else besides avatar (the movie NOT the game) that is on par with it's visuals. But I'm used to dropping 80-100 hours on FF. You can get through the story in 40-50 and there's not much nothing to do after that.

PS: Chris, you digging that Australian accent? or are you into Snow's 12 year old wife
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by vintuc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
except for the fact this wont see the light of day for at least 3 years damn

Fixed.
Fixed.

Crystal Tools is finished and streamlined. FF XV should be about done in the next 3 years.

I'm glad I lowered everyone's expectations in here and that most of ya'll are enjoying the game. I never said it was total garbage I just said it was sub par compared to previous versions. Which I still stand by.

My biggest complaint has been and is lack of content. Granted, it looks amazing and there's nothing else besides avatar (the movie NOT the game) that is on par with it's visuals. But I'm used to dropping 80-100 hours on FF. You can get through the story in 40-50 and there's not much nothing to do after that.

PS: Chris, you digging that Australian accent? or are you into Snow's 12 year old wife
laugh.gif

roll.gif

That was my exact first impression.  I'm like this girl is like 12-13 lol.  And she getting married?  The Hell!!

Austrailian accent, by far.  Fang seems like she'd like to party.
laugh.gif

Sazh was mad questionable when he was staring at Vanille early in the game...

Honestly though, I keep pretty up to date on all this stuff... but I have a few friends that really only play casually and the ones that bought this are loving it.

I am only around 23 hours in (yea, in 2 days
sick.gif
laugh.gif
)  but so far I have very few complaints. The battle system is CRAZY... you have to be so involved with every fight, use Libra alot, ect.

Crystal Tools is finished and streamlined. FF XV should be about done in the next 3 years
Not only is this so *%$@%!* cool, but that means we will have to see Versus and Agito (possibly Haeresis?) before this date.
eek.gif

Just out of curiosity, Hybrid, do you know what SE was prediciting for sales?

Austrailian accent, by far.  Fang seems like she'd like to party.
laugh.gif

Sazh was mad questionable when he was staring at Vanille early in the game...

Honestly though, I keep pretty up to date on all this stuff... but I have a few friends that really only play casually and the ones that bought this are loving it.

I am only around 23 hours in (yea, in 2 days
sick.gif
laugh.gif
)  but so far I have very few complaints. The battle system is CRAZY... you have to be so involved with every fight, use Libra alot, ect.

Crystal Tools is finished and streamlined. FF XV should be about done in the next 3 years
Not only is this so *%$@%!* cool, but that means we will have to see Versus and Agito (possibly Haeresis?) before this date.
eek.gif

Just out of curiosity, Hybrid, do you know what SE was prediciting for sales?

For this week or for the quarter? Last I heard they shipped 3 mil for PS3 and 2 mil for 360. I believe they were going for 75% of that so around 3.5-4 mil was their expectation across both platforms.

Hybrid what kinda job do you have again?
I am a programmer for a game studio in southern California

I also do consulting work on the side for various developers in the industry

Back
Top Bottom