PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via Joystiq.com

Sony's Move supported by 36 companies, 20 games this fiscal year
img6626-3102010-580px.jpg

At Sony's special GDC event, Activision, Capcom, WB Games, Namco Bandai, Square Enix, Ubisoft, EA, Disney, Konami, Sega, Crave and Tecmo Koei all confirmed that they'll be supporting the Move in future versions of their games. Although that confirmation came in the form of a slide full of company logos and word from Sony vice-president of marketing and PSN that, "Virtually every third-party publisher" will support the new motion-control device.

Sony's Jack Tretton went on to say that 36 publishers and third-party developers will support it, and according to a press release, "In fiscal year 2010, SCE Worldwide Studios will also release more than 20 games that are either dedicated to or supported with the PlayStation Move platform. While this same group of publishers will probably support Microsoft's Project Natal as well, it's good to know that everyone is onboard. But onboard how? Are they developing Move departments that will get every possible ounce of gameplay out of these things? Or do they mean support like backrubs and cookies?

We aren't sure what titles will be supported just yet, but our team of Joystiqers are waving the Move about as you read this, and we'll have more news very soon.

Via Joystiq.cpm

SOCOM 4 to support PlayStation Move
44070772581183090865o-342010-580px.jpg

During its GDC 2010 conference Sony has revealed that Zipper Interactive's upcoming shooter SOCOM 4 will support the (just officially named) PlayStation Move motion controller. Controlling the shooter requires the PlayStation Move and its optional secondary device known as the Move "Sub-controller" -- a wand like device which sports an analog stick.

During Sony's Game Developer's Conference keynote SOCOM 4 was demoed using the precise motion-control scheme to varying accuracy success. PlayStation Move support was also showcased in a demo for LittleBigPlanet (originally shown at TGS 2009) where PlayStation Move players could interact with the environment around Sackboy (or Sackgirl!).

Sony also featured a handful of mini-games for an upcoming compilation title titled Sports Champions, including a gladiator-style fighter and table tennis. The PlayStation Move will release later this year in a variety of bundles.

EDIT: Gameplay video

Via andriasang.com

Dead or Alive Paradise demo on Japanese PSN this week
doap310.jpg

Those of you who have Japanese PSN accounts will have your own private paradise on the PlayStation Network this week. Sony announced that a demo of Tecmo's Dead or Alive Paradise -- which is precisely the kind of game you'd want to try out by downloading, without having to make eye contact with anyone -- will be available for download in Japan this Friday, March 12.

We're now on the edge of our seats to find out which girls we'll get to interact with in the demo. Will it be the supposed martial artist with the ridiculous proportions, or the other one?

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Home v1.35 loses the world map
home31010.jpg

With the latest downloadable update to the "beta" (version 1.35, for the record), Sony has officially fixed every problem with PlayStation Home. Well, maybe not every problem. But there are some big changes. Sony has replaced Home's world map with an XMB-like interface; through which you can connect with your friends, move around through your own spaces and quickly visit "Featured Spaces" (so you can effectively be advertised to!). You'll also be able to make a list of "favorites" to which you can navigate quickly.

Home will be down briefly tomorrow as Sony implements this update. But when it comes back, in addition to the new functionality, there will be Final Fantasy and Indiana Jones stuff to buy, a Sodium update and a sale on Home decorations and items. Yes, we were just thinking we should take the day off, too.

To add to MarTdiZzle23 post, here are some official press pics

Subcontroller
4422266435_0601f8ab83.jpg

Move
4422266293_0bed056deb.jpg

Subcontroller x Move
4423031462_c7f959bd98.jpg

Few Game Pics:

Slider
4422301915_6ac06ba6dd.jpg

Brawl
4422290309_87da663c7b.jpg

Sports Championship
4422318263_60d4ab3359.jpg

Shoot
4422321815_2dc99a4d88.jpg

Let's be honest PS fam, who's coppin this fall?

The first Modern Warfare 2 Map pack is coming to XBox 360 on March 30.
No word on an exact date for PS3 yet.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

The first Modern Warfare 2 Map pack is coming to XBox 360 on March 30.
No word on an exact date for PS3 yet.
Should be 30 days after, but who knows hope they dont make us wait longer than 30.

That doesn't look like socom...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Let's be honest PS fam, who's coppin this fall?

Have to see what they show at E3. As of right now i'd say no thanks.

My OG 60 GB PS3 got the YLOD. FML
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I'm kinda leaning towards getting a Slim because I know if I send my system back to Sony, I can have the same problem happen to me again with the refurbished system they give me. For those of you that had this problem, did you send your PS3 back to Sony for $150 or did you get the PS3 Slim?

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

not feeling the PS move. and i rather play socom 4 with a dual shock IMO
Word i doubt ill be able to get into the PS move gimme a dual shock thats the sole reason i havent copped a wii. Although that new super mario bros is callin me.

watching the demo for PS Move felt like i wii sports

SMH at Sony for this one

Anyone pick up Yakuza 3? Really considering it

Originally Posted by maddog345

My OG 60 GB PS3 got the YLOD. FML
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I'm kinda leaning towards getting a Slim because I know if I send my system back to Sony, I can have the same problem happen to me again with the refurbished system they give me. For those of you that had this problem, did you send your PS3 back to Sony for $150 or did you get the PS3 Slim?

Naw, never even heard of this happening. Me and my 250GB Slim, Cameron Diaz, remember no such incident, nor do we remember using a hammer to smash said 60GB.

Buy a Slim, don't waste $150

Whoever buys Playstation move should punch themselves in the throat while they are at it. I passed on Wii for a damn reason, Sony.

^^^ Yeah but these sound a lil different. I have a few other cds and this one is the best sounding. Its like he switched it up a lil

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

watching the demo for PS Move felt like i wii sports

SMH at Sony for this one

Anyone pick up Yakuza 3? Really considering it
im coppin yakuza 3 this weekend. always liked the series cause i played the first 2 and also, it reminds me of shenmue
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom